Looks interesting! Gonna try it with FC United.

training, OI? do u use corner and lon throws exploits?
How much time does it take to get familiar with tactics in lower leagues?

View attachment 965976View attachment 965977

As you can see, Croatian football is about 3-4-3 formation. And my tactic, as you can also see, works in the lowest of leagues.

Basically, a flat 3-4-3 is chosen for a reason. That reason is it features 2 lines of defence, and 3 defenders that feed 3 strikers. Naturally, this is a very fluid setup, to both remove gaps between the lines, and at the same time make us more compact. We can allow this to happen because the lines are flat, meaning there are no AMC's or DMC's who would be left without space for themselves. In a very fluid setup, everyone does everything. GK also attacks, Striker also defends. I have chosen defensive mentality, because with it, the defenders are instructed longer passess, and striker shorter, so the 3 defenders feed the strikers quickly. This is almost impossible for opposition to prevent, as usually at least one defender and one striker is available, and not marked, meaning lots and lots of counters. Very fluid setup is ideal for pressing, so we push much higher up and close down much more, with a very high tempo, leaving opponent no time to organise themselves and breathe. If opponent is more agressive, we counter them, and if not, we use quick passess and work ball into box and use the whole pitch while doing so. Every player roams and looks for space, and is given creative freedom to make a difference. Sometimes, licence to do as you wish brings out the best in players and is the difference between a draw and a victory. However, we use defensive mentality, so players look to defend first, not go guns blazing and leave us exposed at the back, meaning we rarely conceede or give our gk anything to do. However, our setup is quite narrow with defensive mentality, meaning our weakness is defensive set pieces, as narrow setup isn't ideal to defend from corners and freekicks.

If you play on a short pitch, you may wish to choose shorter passing or even retain possession if the pitch is extra small, and if the pitch is long, you may profit from direct passess..Your assistant will notify you during the match of what you should do. In fact, you should always listen to your assistant, as he will not change the core of the tactic, like closing down or defensive line, but rather just the possession TI's, underperforming players, and OI. The tactic will work with no changes in 90% of the matches, but for big wins, you should prolly listen to your assistant.

Enjoy!

o.png

I shall give this a spin.

make it so

Looks interesting! Gonna try it with FC United.

make it so

training, OI? do u use corner and lon throws exploits?

no exploits, WYSIWYG. takes longer then with proper coaches. training as you wish, oi not needed. You can listen to assistant considering oi in every match to counter specific threats

A lot longer then with better clubs, but you shouldnt focus on that, leave training to assistant. 2nd season should be fully fluid.

However, our setup is quite narrow with defensive mentality, meaning our weakness is defensive set pieces, as narrow setup isn't ideal to defend from corners and freekicks.????

Where the **** does that come from?

However, our setup is quite narrow with defensive mentality, meaning our weakness is defensive set pieces, as narrow setup isn't ideal to defend from corners and freekicks.????

Where the **** does that come from?

When you have a (proper) narrow setup, and an entire team of 11 players focused on defending, the game is scripted in the manner that you will conceede from set pieces. It's the only way to conceede if your players are at least semi decent.

Last edited:
It's not surely the only way to conceed... And you can be equally exposed down your flanks, making foul and conceding from set pieces if you play wider... it's just down to the other team, to exploit flanks or not...
Btw, nice screenshots! Can you please post CCC's stats?

It's not surely the only way to conceed... And you can be equally exposed down your flanks, making foul and conceding from set pieces if you play wider... it's just down to the other team, to exploit flanks or not...
Btw, nice screenshots! Can you please post CCC's stats?

It's difficult to explain really, but a team attacking you on the flanks is probably an attacking team, meaning we would counter them with ease. Not only that, but their crossess wouldn't find it's target easy with me having three defenders ready to deal with crossess into the box.

I can post more screenies, but it wouldn't mean much. In some matches i played direct, in some go route one, in some short passess, and in some even retain possession. And in some, i played with no changes. Stats are very much different for each match, depending on the pitch it was played on.

possible to post your team roster screen to see the team stats and league standings at the end of the season?

I'm 2-0 so far in VCN with your tactic... I use AM for OI for my main squad but we cant use AM for OI for our U21 and u18 whatOI is best do u suggest for u21 and U18

I'm 2-0 so far in VCN with your tactic... I use AM for OI for my main squad but we cant use AM for OI for our U21 and u18 whatOI is best do u suggest for u21 and U18

oi's aren't really needed. Every player is different and you need to close down or tight mark a player who is especially good at the moment against you...if you aren't watching the match, you can't do that. By default, your assistant sets ois for your youth team. If you don't want that, take control of youth teams aswell.

So far with my VCN team we had in our 1st 7 games 2-0 L, 1-0 L, 4-0 W, 3-1 W, 3-0 W 0-0 draw, 3-1 L

since I've changed with this tactic we've gone, 3-1w, 1-0 w, 0-0 draw, 2-0 win and now currently winning 3-1

Now that is an interessant tactic, I like it and I'll test it whenever I'll get my hands on a new pc ^^