The Ashes - Fifth Test

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 2K

Billy

#THFC
Reaction score
Wasn't sure there was anything to celebrate at the end of Day 1, but looking at it now, and Stuart Broad has taken 4 wickets in quick succession, including Michael Clarke, the top runs scorer in the series so far.

Anyone else a Cricket fan as well as football?

woohoo,cricket,how exciting
ill just go throw football manager 2009 away then...

I wouldn't exactly call myself a cricket fan, at least not currently. But I used to be crazy about it back when i was a bit younger 1997-2004. Back then, cricket was my one and only game. I don't know how I lost my enthusiasm but I guess when you grow up, you grow up. I've hardly seen or heard much from this year's Ashes Test, but I did buy the game just for the heck of it. :D

sorry mate,im irish,i hate cricket(kinda,like to play abit with a few people)

Cricket is great, good to see the Notts player leading the way in wickets, he had been criticised for his bowling, but he's proving his quality here.

My fav England bowler was James Anderson (Andy Flintoff doesn't really impress me in bowling), he was awesome in the 2003 ICC world Cup. Among the Aussies, Brett Lee is my fav, he and Glenn McGrath were a dangerous pair back in the Ashes 2002.

AHHHH i wish i could close this thread but i cant :(

HATE cricket more than anything in this world....horrible boring sport

109-6, Australia now.

Broad taken 5, Swann taken just the 1.

AHHHH i wish i could close this thread but i cant :(

HATE cricket more than anything in this world....horrible boring sport
If you ask me, Golf is the most boring among the more popular sports. Cricket, on the other hand, has the 2nd biggest fan base in the world, next to Football.

Ridiculous collapse from the Australians.

They were sitting pretty on 73-0 earlier, and within an hour and a half, they are on 110-6.

Not sure what the **** happened.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Scratch that, 111-7 now.

Australia are not the same they were back in the golden years. They used to be nearly unbeatable in all forms of the game. Now, i think they lack the quality, experience and confidence they once had.

If you ask me, Golf is the most boring among the more popular sports. Cricket, on the other hand, has the 2nd biggest fan base in the world, next to Football.

Golf is also a zzzfest

as is snooker and F1 in my opinion.

I only really watch Football and Tennis

lol.....like I said, they weren't what they used to be. I can hardly remember them being this bad before.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Golf is also a zzzfest

I agree except for the F1 part. It may not be the most exciting sport but it's definitely no zzzfest. :P

Golf is also a zzzfest

I agree that games where it ends up like 600-6 or 650-5 and stuff is really boring in Cricket, but when there is constant wickets and catches, the games are extremely fun to watch, at least in my opinion (and many other's).

This ashes series has been fun to watch.

Cricket should be banned from the face of the earth.I mean what sort of men's sport stops for Lunch. BORING! as Homer Simpson would say.

In non summer football years it's terrible because all thats on is ******* sussex vrs derbyshire regional final day 4 test 3 500th match

Well they have to stop for lunch because they play all day long, rather than the paltry 90 minutes a footballer has to play- and they need a rest after only 45 minutes!

Well they have to stop for lunch because they play all day long, rather than the paltry 90 minutes a footballer has to play- and they need a rest after only 45 minutes!
Couldnt they stop for a **** up and a kebab instead? I think its the fact they play all day that really gets on my wick.Make it 45 mins each way like footy.

Back