The Away Stand

site looks good, might come later. ;)

im too busy atm.

edit: i just made my account. sk_gunners101

feel free to add, but i wont be that active over there since i have exams within next 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot mate. Fair enough pal, thanks for giving us a chance :D

We have recently added a sidebar with status updates and recent FM discussion on the site, go have a look :)

I was wondering if any more of you would take a look at the site and see what you thought of it. Would be muchly appreciated. Thanks :)

Had a look, pretty impressed with it. Will sign up now :)

Really good looking site. I will sign up when I have a little bit of spare time.

Can I ask, what software/programs did you use to make it?

Im trying to register but it says: Your answer to the challenge question was not valid. Please try again.

Really good looking site. I will sign up when I have a little bit of spare time.

Can I ask, what software/programs did you use to make it?

Thanks mate.

Unsure to be honest mate, I am not admin you see, only a staff member, you would have to ask one of the admins if you are really interested.

I gues you have sorted your problem now as I see you have signed up :) Post a welcome thread ;)

Thanks buddy!

could you link a story so if u post on this site it updates on that site also? seems to have a good story base to it

could you link a story so if u post on this site it updates on that site also? seems to have a good story base to it

I don't quite understand what you mean. Explain?

Havent been on away stand in a while must get back into it! I havent been to active on base either though.

Go for it mate, we would welcome you back :)

Here is a draft of our second newsletter, for all who are interested:

Dear (Member),

All the staff hope that you have had a great Easter and didn't eat too much.

Since we last spoke to you, there have been a few bits and bobs going on here at The Away Stand that we would like to draw to your attention.

In the last newsletter you read, we mentioned about Rico the very beginning of TASlantis. Since then, all the bidding has been sorted out and grafted into a database. Rico is running the game here, as a story: http://www.theawayst...ntis-the-story/. Currently coming to the end of the fourth season, there is plenty to play for as all members teams are starting to take shape.

We are in April now, but a few weeks (months) ago, the first part of our TAS:predictor ended, with macdab55 emerging victorious after a solid nine weeks of predicting. Foxo will post the full leaderboard for viewing very soon, and macdab55 will receive his winners prize as promised. Although promised before that we would get another nine weeks prediction competition, we have decided to cancel this.

In relation to the cancellation of the second part of the TAS:predictor, another predictor will be released in the next month or two, based on predicting the scored of the 2012 European Championships. With the Euro's beginning at the start of June, entering is a must to have a chance of winning a tournament related prize.

In addition to the above, we have seen the tactics board hit by some quality topics by Pompey_Dan over the past month or so. Interceptions - The Art of Modern Defending is a wonderful piece, written about how playing with a high line can lead to better defending by your players, cutting the opposition off before attacks begin. You can read more about it by clicking the link. Dan also goes on to write about his tactic: http://www.theawayst...ortugal-tactic/ and how he makes the most out of interceptions with his Sporting team.

After a brief wonder to the tactics board, we come to the hub of activity, the TAS career corner. A special mention here goes to sibo373. His Tottenham career, Super Spurs spanned six pages and only reaching November 2011, just shows the level of detail and effort put into it. After a disappointing end to his Tottenham save came about due to crash dumps, that has not stopped him posting up a new career pretty snappish. In Dennis we trust?!? is a career about Spurs's bitter rivals Arsenal, and you would be mad to miss out on this read.

To round our second newsletter of the year off, we would just like to inform you that both Completing FM12 and FM12 Records will be updated very shortly with relevant tables displaying the leaders. So, if you could get any titles and/or records in as soon as possible, you will get in to our next update.

Finally, work is being done ahead of FM13 already here on TAS, by the staff behind the scenes, and we hope to be able to reveal our plans beforehand. For any announcements regarding this be sure to check our Sunday Times forum, where there is already a thread asking for members opinions on how we should proceed and any ideas you may have. Be sure to post them here if you have any.

That is all from us for the April edition and you can always find the lates from us at TAS on our Twitter feed @theawaystand

Thanks for reading,

The TAS Staff team

If you have anything you would like to comment, please leave a post and I will get back to you :)

I'm back again. We have now added blogs to the site and hope to have some members of the external FM community sharing some of their content with us. Members can now post blogs about football, their careers and tactics and it brings an addition to the original forum. Would be nice if you could take a look and tell us what you think :)

The Away Stand Forums

I'm back again. We have now added blogs to the site and hope to have some members of the external FM community sharing some of their content with us. Members can now post blogs about football, their careers and tactics and it brings an addition to the original forum. Would be nice if you could take a look and tell us what you think :)

The Away Stand Forums

Ill give this a look tomorrow