The Baggies - To Promotion & Beyond.

FM Nutter

Reaction score
Ok, I took a long, long break from Football Manager, but I'm back and this time I'm gonna stick with this save.

I'll update you guys on results monthly followed by the League table, statistics and so forth.

I decided to go with West Brom because It will be a challenge and they have a decent squad.

Anyways.

Fixture List:
View attachment 18821

As you can see I have a pretty tough Pre-season. I want to look at my squad so whether we get beat or win by a big margin I don't care in Pre-season. The highlight will be Lyon at Home.

Financies:
View attachment 18822

My financies are strong. £2.3M to spend and a comfortable wage budget. As you can see, I didn't opt for Winner but chose Promotion. I feel I don't really need to make any major signings just yet. I' ll look at my squad over the next few games and decide then.

well come back to football manager then. ebi smolarek, jorge andrade, sol campbell, stephan appiah and sylvain wiltord would boost your squad significantly. good luck ;)

Nice easy start with west brom. if you hold on to most of the team and add a dew frees like whats been suggested. should be a nice return to the game.

its the getting up and staying up with teams like albion that are the challenge...

good luck ;)

Cowdenbeath 0 - 2 West Brom

Moore (32)
Mulumbu (50)

Line up - 4-4-2:

Carson, Zuiverloon, Meite, Barnett, M.Cech, Brunt, Dorrans, Mulumbu, Thomas, Wood, Moore

Subs Used:
Mattock(Zuiverloon), Teixeira(Dorrans), ***(Wood)

Overview:

Played pretty well, passed well created chances, hit the bar twice through Mulumbu. Ultimately we were too strong for Cowdenbeath and killed the game off in the 50th minute. Our defence was a bit sloppy though.

--I will update the rest of the pre-season in the morning---

I think it's the staying up in the EPL that is hard. Good luck mate.

West Brom 4 - 0 G H Academy

Mulumbu (12)
Wood (14)
Dorrans (55)
*** (65)

Lineup:
Carson, Zuiverloon, Meite, Barnett, Mattock, Brunt, Dorrans, Mulumbu, Thomas, ***, Moore

Subs Used:
Teixeira(Thomas), Wood(Moore), Jara(Barnett)

MOM: Mulumbu

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

West Brom 0 - 1 Lyon

Lopez (42)

Line Up:
Carson, Zuiverloon, Olsson, Meite, Mattock, Brunt, Dorrans, Mulumbu, Teixeira, Wood, Moore

Subs Used:
Barnett(Meite), Thomas(Teixeira), ***(Wood)

MOM: Scott Carson

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crusaders 1 - 2 West Brom

Hamilton (35)

----------------

Moore (28)
Mulumbu (42)

Lineup:
Carson, Zuiverloon, Jara, Barnett , Mattock, Brunt, Dorrans, Mulumbu, Thomas, Wood, Moore

Subs Used:

*** (Moore), Mattock(Cech), Teixeira(Thomas)

MOM: Mulumbu

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colchester 0 - 0 West Brom

Lineup:
Carson, Zuiverloon, Jara, Barnett , Mattock, Brunt, Dorrans, Mulumbu, Thomas, Wood, Moore

Subs Used:

Koren (Dorrans), Teixeira(Thomas), ***(Wood), Olsson(Mattock)

MOM: Magnus Okuonghae

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

West Brom 0 - 1 Zaragoza

Barba (83)

Lineup:
Carson, Zuiverloon, Jara, Barnett , Cech, Brunt, Koren, Mulumbu, Thomas, Wood, Moore

Subs Used:
***(Wood), Dorrans(Koren), Teixeira(Mulumbu)

MOM: Roberto Ayala

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hereford 0 - 4 West Brom

Mulumbu (11)
Moore (15) (68)
Wood (41)

Lineup:
Carson, Zuiverloon, Jara, Barnett , Cech, Brunt, Koren, Mulumbu, Dorrans, Wood, Moore

Subs Used:
***(Wood), Teixeira(Koren), Olsson(Barnett)

MOM: Luke Moore

Pre Season Overview:

Well we have had some mixed results. The first 2 games were against easy opposition so we expected to win. When we came up against Lyon, Zaragoza, they dominated the game, even though we lost by the odd goal, Carson did very, very well to only keep it at 1-0.. We also lost to Parlemo 1 -0 in the 3rd place play off however I wasn't really bothered about that. The game we played really well in was against Hereford, I feel we dominated that game. We have proved we are a good team going foward, that we can pass the ball very well and we can score from distance Its just when we play bigger teams, we seem to get dominated, we have a couple chances but fail to put them away. I have looked at our team and feel a couple midfielders and maybe another defender would be ideal. The players I felt who had a tremendous pre-season was Mulumbu, Moore & Carson. Mulumbu & Moore were our top scorers with 4 goals each and Carson made some very good saves, especially against Lyon & Zaragoza. These three players will be vital for us for our promotion bid this season. If they can stay in good form this season I don't see how we can miss promotion, If we can get a few more players chipping in with goals now and then that will be very good for us too.

The new season starts off soon with Newcastle followed by Barnet in the Cup. The media have predicted we will push for promotion. However, the start of the season is crucial and it's vital we get a few wins from the first few games.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Transfers:

The transfer market has seen me looking for some good quality players for our club. I tried signing Stephen Appiah before the Lyon game(as suggested) but failed in my attempts to do so because he accepted Racings offer. This left me trying to find a good quality midfielder. I thought should I go for experience or should I go for young talent?

I decided to go for both so tried my best to sign David Beckham, |Unforunately he rejected the contract. Luckily, I decided to chip into the Premiership for some loan signings. I have signed Jack Wilshere on loan for the rest of the season. I believe this to be a really good signing and is a good capture for us. I also managed to sign Henri Camara on a free transfer. This I feel could be vital because, we all know Camara is pacey and can finish well. Another side of the story is Chris Brunt being linked with Ipswich, I want to keep Brunt because he is a very good player.

I will update on more transfers and post a screenshot at the end of August of transfers In's & Outs.

Last edited:
Good luck with Brunt's future. If your looking for a good young striker is macheda from Man utd. He has been loaned by other users and looks good.

good pre season, hope this continues into the new season

Coca Cola Championship:

West Brom 3 - 0 Newcastle

Camara (32) P
Moore (64)P , (83)

Barnett Sent Off (57)
Camara Injured

-------

Taylor Sent Off (90+2)

Lineup:
Carson, Zuiverloon, Jara, Barnett, Cech, Brunt, Koren, Mulumbu, Dorrans, Camara, Moore

Subs Used:
Camara(Wood),Olsson(Dorrans), Koren(Wilshere)

MOM: Luke Mooe

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English League Cup(Carling Cup) First Round:

Barnet 1 - 3 West Brom

Deverdics (79)

-----

Meite (13)
Brunt (39, 68)

Lineup:
Kiely, Zuiverloon, Meite, Olsson, Mattock, Brunt, Teixeria, Mulumbu, Thomas, Moore, Wood

Subs Used:
Dorrans(Brunt), Koren(Mulumbu), Moore(***)

MOM: Chris Brunt

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coca Cola Championship:

Nottm Forrest 1 - 3 West Brom

Cohen (74)

--------

*** (79, 88)
Moore (89)

Lineup:
Carson, Zuiverloon, Jara, Barnett, Cech, Brunt, Wilshere, Mulumbu, Thomas, Wood, Moore

Subs Used:
Koren(Wilshere), ***(Wood), Mulumbu(Dorrans)

MOM: Simon ***

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coca Cola Championship:

Peterborough 1 - 1 West Brom

Mackail-Smith (14)

----

*** (89)

Lineup:
Carson, Zuiverloon, Jara, Barnett, Cech, Brunt, Wilshere, Mulumbu, Thomas, Wood, Moore

Subs Used:
Koren(Wilshere), Teixeira(Mulumbu), ***(Wood)

MOM: Shaun Batt

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

West Brom 0 - 1 Ipswich

Priskin (45)

Lineup:
Carson, Zuiverloon, Jara, Barnett, Cech, Brunt, Koren, Mulumbu, Thomas, ***, Moore

Subs Used:
Wilshere(Koren), Wood(Moore), Dorrans(Mulumbu)

MOM: Gareth McAuley

English League Cup Second Round:

West Brom 0 - 1 Doncaster

Zuiverloon Injured
---------------
Sharp (31)

Lineup:
Carson, Zuiverloon, Meite, Olsson, Mattock, Brunt, Teixeria, Mulumbu, Thomas, Moore, Wood

Subs Used:
Jara(Zuiverloon), Dorrans(Tiexera), ***(Moore)

MOM: Sam Hird

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sheffield United 1 - 0 West Brom

Evans (87)

-------------

Barnett Injured

Lineup:
Kiely, Jara, Campo, Barnett, Cech, Brunt, Koren, Mulumbu, Thomas,Pedro, Moore

Subs Used:
Meite(Barnett), Dorrans(Mulumbu), Wood(Pedro)

MOM: James Harper

Monthy Review:

We had a good start to the season beating Newcastle and Nottingham Forrest, but from then on we didn't really get going. The game against Nottingham Forrest was a good comeback. After 74 minutes, I thought the most we can get from this game is a draw, so I brought on Simon *** and within 5 minutes he equalises then scores a winner late on, then to score a third was a bonus. We played well and saw of Barnet in the cup but then we had disappointing result against Peterborough followed by 3 defeats against Ipswich, Doncaster in the cup and Sheffield United. Obviously we missed Camara for most of the games through a fractured arm so we didn't have that pace upfront. I signed a few players to boost our squad and we lay 11th in the table. Still a long way to go and things could and should change by then.

League Table:
View attachment 18932

As you can see we lay 11th in the table and have fallen down the table. We will need to bounce back the next month and move up the table.

Transfers:
View attachment 18933

I only made these transfers and I feel these could be benefitial, I didn't lose any players which was good. I had a loan move for Macheda turned down but I may add another midfielder If I can.

Last edited: