Szyger

Reaction score
I was at the back, cleaning up after a long morning. You see.... I am a baker. I bake. Early, very early in the morning, so people have fresh bread and rolls at the market.
By some cruel god's trick, my name is Simon Baker. No, this is not a joke.

I could not wait to finish up my job, get home and crack through few matches on the latest Football Manager. I was totally hooked on the game since many years ago. I was quite good at it, all the guys in town knew that, I was renowned on forums for my tactics.

Even my boss, Mr. Danek, was playing from time to time. He didn't have much of free time, he was one of the bigger businessmen in our small city.
But we would chat about my recent successes with random teams when he visited his bakery.

But I am rambling on....

Yes, I was just about to grab my things, when Danek walked in, very excited.

"I got them! I got them for a whole 1 Polish Zloty! Haha! We're gonna go places!" - he shouted.
"Boy... I bought our city's club, Sandecja. We made a deal - 1 zloty purchase, however with a promise of continuous investment in the club, local youth and community engagement."

"Wow, boss... that is great! What do you plan to do? Do you even know how to run the club? I mean... that's a silly question... it's a business, you are the business man!"

"Boy, oh boy. The problem is you see, that the team coach has just retired. It's a complete new start for the club. And...I want you to manage them!"

I lost my breath, shocked. "You...WHAT?!"

"Yes! You always tell me how you get mediocre team to win Champions League within a couple of seasons. You know more about football than anyone I possibly know. And I respect your work ethics. I am sure you can carry them over into the new role!"

"But I do this playing games, it's just a game...."

"And real football isn't a game!? Come with me, let me introduce you to the team. Oh, maybe get changed first, get that flour off your shirt boy!
I am so excited. It's a new era. We need a name for ourselves... me, you, and our 11 players on the pitch....
I know what will do: The Baker's Dozen!"

I still can't quite believe what has occurred today.

I am...in charge... of a real club...!!

What do I do? How do I manage a ****** football team? I need to step back a moment, take a deep breath and think..think..think!

****** ****... what's the worst that could happen? I will do my best, and use my Football Manager knowledge, knowing very well, that's it's very very different in real life!

I had a look at the team in training this afternoon. They ain't too bad, but there are definitely some gaps in the squad that we need to fill quickly.
For starters, we do not have a Right Back, at all...!

I suppose I will need to dip into the transfer market. How the **** do I do this in real life?!?!
Who the **** am I supposed to speak to, I don't have contacts...

Wait. what would I do in a new save on FM? I would get my Director of football to make some calls first.
Let me give Pawel a quick call!