The Bats - Valencia Story

• Thread starter Thread starter Duzzy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 11K

Duzzy

Reaction score
View attachment 313163

I haven't seen many people do a story using Valencia. In this story my aim is to do well in both the league (Finish 3rd) and get through to the knockout stages of the champions league. I will aim to win the Liga BBVA within 3 years.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Key Man

View attachment 313165

Roberto Soldado is the guy that will (hopefully) lead the team to glory.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Possible Signings

View attachment 313166

Jores Okore is signed for obvious reason. He is a great addition to Valencia's Squad. He was cheap and Valencia have restricted budget so I couldn't make big signings.

View attachment 313167

This guy, Muralha is dubbed the next Lucas Leiva and could be a good signing for the future of Valencia.

I still haven't decide any who to sell and don't look like I will be selling anyone. If I do end up selling someone, I will update on here.

View attachment 313169

Sadly Sergio Canales is injured for 6-7 months therefore Jonas, Piatti and Parejo will get their chances to shine.

I hope you have enjoyed the introduction and hope you follow. I will keep you updated as much as time allows me to.

Pre-season

View attachment 313648

Pre-season went well but the challenge ahead is a big one. I have to play against Real Madrid as my first game of the season and then for my 3rd match of the season I have Barcelona.
Transfers

View attachment 313649

As you can see I ended up getting the players I wanted. They came at a good price and I can see them being a valuable part of the team in the seasons to come.

I will try to keep you up-to-date as much as I can.

Real Madrid vs Valencia

As the first game of the season against a team like Madrid and also being away; I didn't expect much from the team.

View attachment 313651

BUT I WAS WRONG! The team didn't exactly out-do Madrid but they made every chance count.

Cristiano Ronaldo (10), Benzema (33)

Soldado (18), Rami (44)

Valencia vs Deportivo

In this match I was expecting an easy match.

View attachment 313652

And it was as I expected with the team winning the match 3-0. It was a strong performance by the team.

Victor Ruiz (19), Sofiane Feghouli (26), Pablo Piatti (57)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barcelona vs Valencia

From this game I didn't expect much as again I was away.

View attachment 313653

But then again I was wrong. This game my team gave a fight to Barcelona. We weren't outplayed as much as in the Madrid game. We were even close to an upset as a header from Victor Ruiz came off the crossbar in the 80th minute.

Alexis Sanchez (19)

Jonas (29)

Player Of the Month (Chosen by me)

The player of the month for me had to be Adil Rami as he put in 3 fantastic performances. He grabbed 1 goal and a Man of the match performance. He had a 8.07 AR over the 3 matches.

View attachment 313654

Quick Update

I have lost my two matches due to most of my wingers being injured which resulted in less goal chances.

View attachment 313658

I was on good form and then sadly everyone starts getting injured.

Juventus vs Valencia

Considering I was away this match I thought I could come away with a point.

View attachment 313659

ANDDDDDD.... I didn't. It was a poor match and it never looked like we were going to get a goal. I also had 3-4 of my wingers out and injured in this match so I had restricted players to use against such a strong side.

Giaccherini (44)

Mallorca vs Valencia

When I got to this game I was still having problems of putting a team out which was capable of winning the match.

View attachment 313660

I ended up giving the match away cheaply due to a stupid error by Ally Cissokho which lead to a penalty.

Victor (35, pen 66)

Victor Riuz (59)

Valencia vs Zaragoza

For this match I had Piatti returning from injury so I was confident to get a result.

View attachment 313661

And I got the win. I dominated most of the match and deserved to win. Ally Cissohko nearly cost us the game again by giving away another penalty. Luckily Soldado was on form to get two goals to get us the win.

Juan Bernat (28), Soldado (42, 78)

Apono (pen 12)

Valencia vs CFR Cluj

Losing the first Champions league game to Juventus the team was determined to get a win in this match.

View attachment 313662

And the team did just that. The game never looked like slipping out of our hands. The team outplayed Cluj with Soldado picking up another 2 goals. Cissohko also was sat on the bench this match due to previously giving away 2 penalties.

Juan Bernat "6", Soldado (46, pen 74)

Kapetanos (65)

Levante vs Valencia

With this match being away I expected a draw or maybe a small win.

View attachment 313663

The result was better then expected. The team played superbly and outplayed Levante at their home ground.

Rami (1), Soldado (37), Victor Ruiz (48)

Valencia vs Athletic Bilbao

With Athletic being 1st at the time I wasn't expecting much away from home.

View attachment 313678

We won and we deserved it. Tino Costa scored a Wonderful Freekick which was hit into the top left corner where the keeper had no chance.

Tino Costa (56), Soldado (90)

Arsenal vs Valencia

With Arsenal winning both of their group stage matches I had very to little chance of winning or even getting a point away from home.

View attachment 313679

But I managed it! With Arsenal wasting every opportunity they got I managed to get a penalty and win the game.

Soldado (pen 62)

Betis vs Valencia

With betis being 12th at the time I had high hopes in getting the 3 points in this match.

View attachment 313680

And I did! My team played superbly and got the win with a double from Jonas and 1 from Soldado.

Jonas (29, 48), Soldado (78)

Badalona vs Valencia

In this match I was confident of walking away with the win to progress in the cup.

View attachment 313681

And I did. With goals from Albelda and Cissohko I got an easy win.

Albelda (7), Cissohko (30)

Player of the month

The Player of the month has to go to Soldado with a man of the match performance. He got 6 goals in 6 games.

View attachment 313682

I will be putting this story to a stop as no one is interested and its just pointless if I'm just writing up a story to look at it myself.

I will be putting this story to a stop as no one is interested and its just pointless if I'm just writing up a story to look at it myself.
Im reading with interest, you cant expect people to comment after every update most people dont look at stories until you have a few pages up as they want to see you are commited to the story, i generally dont read stories until they have 5 pages of updates unless they spike my interest like yours as i am currently in a At Madrid story, dont give up yet people take time to get interested

Im reading with interest, you cant expect people to comment after every update most people dont look at stories until you have a few pages up as they want to see you are commited to the story, i generally dont read stories until they have 5 pages of updates unless they spike my interest like yours as i am currently in a At Madrid story, dont give up yet people take time to get interested

Thanks for that, I guess I'll carry on until the end of the season and see the interest then.

Finally

Finally a thread on Valencia!!!!!!

With Real Madrid and Barcelona dominating world football you would think there are more interest in the bats, being the third most successfull team in Espana!!!

Great thread! How are you doing now with matches?

Could I please see your team instructions to tactic?

I have tried making my own Valencia Tactic since the relase but this year has been the hardest. But having most success with the rigid ones.

Finally a thread on Valencia!!!!!!

With Real Madrid and Barcelona dominating world football you would think there are more interest in the bats, being the third most successfull team in Espana!!!

Great thread! How are you doing now with matches?

Could I please see your team instructions to tactic?

I have tried making my own Valencia Tactic since the relase but this year has been the hardest. But having most success with the rigid ones.

Nice to see you enjoying the thread :).

With the matches I haven't been able to play much due to being busy with other things but I will post updates when possible.

The tactic I am using is one I made myself and to be honest it's working better then I thought it would.

View attachment 314276

The training I've been concentrating on is getting the team familiar with the tactic. Soldado has been doing well in this tactic.

Nice to see you enjoying the thread :).

With the matches I haven't been able to play much due to being busy with other things but I will post updates when possible.

The tactic I am using is one I made myself and to be honest it's working better then I thought it would.

View attachment 314276

The training I've been concentrating on is getting the team familiar with the tactic. Soldado has been doing well in this tactic.

Not only enjoying, but loving the thread.

Thank you for sharing. 2nd in the league is actually astonishing when considering how big RM and Barca are.

How long away in the season are you mate?

Not only enjoying, but loving the thread.

Thank you for sharing. 2nd in the league is actually astonishing when considering how big RM and Barca are.

How long away in the season are you mate?

12 games in. already played RM and Barca away in the league. should be easy sailing from now on.

View attachment 314284

Nice! See Soldado is doing well! Ruiz and Rami also seem to be performing excellent. Rami is in my opinion a world class defender here. Not just with the attributes, but his average rating is always high, almost unrelated to how the team is performing in my experiance...

Do you h ave any money to reinforce in jan? Maybe a couple of backup wingers? :)

I've got 2 mil. I was thinking of getting Wellington Nem if he's available.

Ok! Im also in a relatively new Valencia game (november). During the summer i bought a lot of players and sold some. Bought: Cirigliano, Okore, Fierro, Ademilson, Hiljemark, Mattheus, Luke Shaw, Josip Radosevic, Stanciu, Bakkali, Jadson.

Sold: Piatti, Feghouli, Tino Costa, Soldado (23 m pounds), Banega and Bernat.

Know that a lot of the players I sold are good, but this is my 10th Valencia story since buying fm 13, so thought I would experiment with a lot of talents.

Everyone you sold I'd probably not even think to sell for at least 2 seasons. I won't make too many transfers in the summer as I don't want to disrupt the team.

Back