Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that our Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first tactic posted at this site. I first started using it at my story and, surprisingly, got some amazing results. Now, I am not going to say I am a tactic mastermind (that has to go to iNickStuff) or this is a ultimate goal scoring tactic, but I seem to get results with it, and so wanted to post it. So here it is:​

As the title suggests, it is a 4-1-2-2-1 formation. The Philosophy is Fluid and the Starting Strategy is Control. The marking is 'Man Marking'. The rest is just default.

Here are the roles:

GK: Defend

FB: Full Back/Automatic
CB: Centre Back/Cover
CB: Centre Back/Stopper
FB: Centre Back/Automatic

DMF: Defensive Midfielder/Defend
CMF: Centre Midfielder/Automatic
CMF: Advanced Playmaker/Support

ARM: Winger/Attack
ARL: Winger/Attack
ST: Poacher/Attack

These are the results that made me want to upload it:

Obviously, there has been a few draws, but you have to see this result: 6-2 against Milan. Torres is a great poacher for this tactic; his got flair, finishing and is very quick. That's what made him score so much for my team. So you might want to look out for that.

This is my first tactic so there are bounds to be improvements. I want constructive criticism and no 'Your tactic is ****'. It probably is but you never know. So can you guys please test it out? I have only used Chelsea really, but I am going to start with Leichester to test it with them. Thank you for reading and I hope this tactic brings you as much success as it did for me!

The tactic is attached with this post.​

Last edited:
Reaction score
4-2-2-2-1 = 12 players.
Ah ****. I meant 4-1-2-2-1 :S
I can't change the thread title too :mad:

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

So? Anyone going to try it?

Reaction score
Ah ****. I meant 4-1-2-2-1 :S
I can't change the thread title too :mad:

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

So? Anyone going to try it?
Ill try it out soon mate, when I do ill post my findings.

Reaction score
I try it :)

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

It is good in defence but need litle tweak in ofansive

Reaction score
I feel that the attack should be improved, the defence is very good. In some games my opponnent only has 1 shot on goal. I did win Porto with a struggeling Sporting side.

Reaction score
I try it :)

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

It is good in defence but need litle tweak in ofansive
I feel that the attack should be improved, the defence is very good. In some games my opponnent only has 1 shot on goal. I did win Porto with a struggeling Sporting side.
Strange. I thought it was the other way around :S

Reaction score
I will inform you with results soon, as I am using this still with Sporting.

Reaction score
I will inform you with results soon, as I am using this still with Sporting.
I will post my results with Leichester later today

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

OK, maybe not Leichester, and maybe not the hardest team on the world, but look at the shots and the possesion. We dominated this match top to bottom and I am surprised that I didn't win by more than three goals.

Reaction score
Ill try it outI am gonna be starting as Chelsea on 11.3.Any reccomended sales?
I know Chelsea start with o transfer budget so I'll want to raise funds for key purchaces.
I'll sell anyone who you where able to get money for in your game.
Whats the best pitch size for the tactic.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ill try it outI am gonna be starting as Chelsea on 11.3.Any reccomended sales?
I know Chelsea start with o transfer budget so I'll want to raise funds for key purchaces.
I'll sell anyone who you where able to get money for in your game.
Whats the best pitch size for the tactic.
Pitch size: Normal
To tell the truth I didn't buy anyone or sell anyone <)
I started this save from February

Reaction score
Pitch size: Normal
To tell the truth I didn't buy anyone or sell anyone <)
I started this save from February
K I ended up selling 2 or 3 reserve players and made about 2m from that and then I sold Alex to city for 13m and bought Vertonghen from Ajax for 9.75m plus 3 other signings that cost about 2m in total

Reaction score
K I ended up selling 2 or 3 reserve players and made about 2m from that and then I sold Alex to city for 13m and bought Vertonghen from Ajax for 9.75m plus 3 other signings that cost about 2m in total
Cool, tell me your results :)