impala

Reaction score
*This is my first time of posting a football manager story, so I'll be delightful to receive any comments/thoughts/suggestions/critics.

The Beginning: The Villans Story

attachment.php

The Villans

Aston Villa Football Club or simply AVFC is one of the oldest football club and the most successful football clubs in the history of English football. The club was founded in 1874 and has played at their current home ground, Villa Park, since 1987. The Villans were founder members of The Football League (in 1888) and they were also the founder members of The Premiere League (in 1992).

History

View attachment 390880

Aston Villa have the fourth highest total of major honours won by an English club, having won the First Division Championship seven times and the FA Cup seven times. The Villans also won the 82' European Cup, and are thus one of five English clubs to win what is now the UEFA Champions League.

Club Informations

View attachment 390881

Having legends such Paul McGarth and English-man Dennis Mortimer is indicating that Aston Villa was once a top English football club.

Stadium

View attachment 390878
View attachment 390879

The Villa Park located in Witton, Birmingham has been home of Aston Villa Football Club since 1897 with a seating capacity of 42,682. As we can see we have a pretty decent facilities with top training facilities and superb youth training facilities.

attachment.php

Robert Ziegler Takes Charge at Aston Villa

_66434524_paul_lambert.jpg

Paul Lambert waving to the fans in his last game as manager

Aston Villa have officially announced that the new manager, Robert Ziegler will be taking charge of the club. The previous manager Paul Lambert has been sacked as he failed to give a good performance for the last season. "It's been a great honour to welcome our new manager to our home here at the Villa Park." Said the owner, Randy Lerner. The new English-born manager will be taking charge the Aston Villa starting tomorrow. This breaking news have shocked the football news as Paul Lambert has only took in charge for over a year now.

TARGETS

Trophies
English Premier League -
FA Cup -
Community Shield -
Capital One Cup -
Champions League Winner -
EURO Cup -
Do a double -
Treble -

Players
Have international players min. 10 -
Have a world class player from the academy -
Have an excellent regen -
Have players with value 50m or more -

​*will be updated

Last edited:
attachment.php

Players

Goalkeepers

View attachment 390874View attachment 390873View attachment 390872

Brad Guzan | Jed Steer | Shay Given

Well it's obvious that Brad Guzan will be my first choice of goalie in this season with the young talented Jed Steer coming as rotation. As Shay Given he will be my back up and also he can become a tutor as he has so much experience before.

Defenders and Full Backs

View attachment 390871View attachment 390870View attachment 390869View attachment 390868View attachment 390864View attachment 390862

Alan Hutton | Nathan Baker | Ron Vlaar | Ciaran Clark | Antonio Luna | Matthew Lotton

Vlaar and Clark will of course be my first choice of central defenders with Baker as back ups. For the full backs Lotton will be my first choice of the right side and Luna on the left side. I probably will search good wing backs also for back ups as Lotton and Lune are the only one right now.

Midfielders

View attachment 390855View attachment 390854View attachment 390853View attachment 390852View attachment 390851View attachment 390850View attachment 390849View attachment 390848View attachment 390847View attachment 390846
N'Zogbia | Bacuna | El Ahmadi | Albrighton | Westwood | Delph | Herd | Sylla | Gardner | Tonev

Well, we have so many young talented midfielders such as Albrighton, Sylla, and Delph. So I would say we have strong midfielders. Those will be the starting line ups and Bacuna also. The rest will be the back ups and maybe some of these will have to go as I need the transfer budget for buying new players.

Strikers

View attachment 390845View attachment 390844View attachment 390843View attachment 390842View attachment 390841View attachment 390840

Helenius | Weimann | Agbonlahor | Benteke | Kozak | Bent

The Great Benteke of course will be my first choice as he have the superb finishing and with Agbonlahor on his side as I need someone that have a good off-ball movement (but it still depends on the tactics I will use). Helenius and Kozak will be the back ups and as for Weimann and Bent I would consider to sell them.

Last edited:
i really liked bent when i was doing a fulham save he scored a ton of goals and ended up 2nd in the league goal charts just aheads up! :)

but otherwise will be following :)

i really liked bent when i was doing a fulham save he scored a ton of goals and ended up 2nd in the league goal charts just aheads up! :)

but otherwise will be following :)

Bent is a decent player but the only problem is his age, well, I would prefer more on Benteke but maybe I would sell Benteke as well and look for other young talented strikers.

Love the layout mate! Villa always get relegated first season on my games so will be interesting to see how you get on.

attachment.php

Tactics

First

FORMATION1_zpse021acd6.jpg

A normal 4-4-2 diamond formation. I consider this old classic formation because I got so much strikers on my club. So using 1 striker only will resulting a lot of talented strikers wasted. In this formation I'll adapt an attacking game with more direct passes from the midfield. Benteke will be my advance foward as he got a strong finishing and Kozak will be on his side. I will see from my first few fixtures if that my playmakers could pass the ball correctly or not.

Second

FORMATION2_zps2644d9b7.jpg

4-5-1 type formation. In this formation is more like a defence formation with more ball possession. I hope that the players could adapt shorter passing and low tempo game as I demand a more ball possession in this formation.

Third

FORMATION3_zps41118ab8.jpg

My 4-3-3 attacking formation. In this formation it will be much more of higher tempo and through passes game. Besides through passing game I would ask the winger to cross more ball to the box as I have Kozak with high heading attribute (20 Heading).

PS: If you guys have any suggestion or critics on my tactics just post it below because I'm still considering which tactics should I use.

Last edited:
Bent is a decent player but the only problem is his age, well, I would prefer more on Benteke but maybe I would sell Benteke as well and look for other young talented strikers.
think the only one ive never seen preform is helenius and kozlak in the game the rest id keep :)

attachment.php

PRE SEASON

PRESEASON_zpsca868ac1.jpg

I had to say that the team did an excellent job during the pre season matches. We even defeated HSV and Getafe considering that they are better than us. The most promising one is Leandro Bacuna scored a hatrick and 1 assist on a match vs Gimnastica. I really hope that he can develop well here in Aston Villa. I finally decided to use the 4-3-3 Attacking formation, as you can see the first 3 match we only did one good match against under 21s. I tried the other 2 formation during Basel and CSKA Moscow match and the result is not that good. After that I regularly use the 4-3-3 attacking formation for the rest of the match and the result was fantastic!

View attachment 390664
Leandro Bacuna

TRANSFERS

TRANSFER_zps934b00e0.jpg

I'm pretty disappointed of this season transfer budget. Somehow the owner didn't want to give me any transfer budget as we have a loan debt of 100m ++. So what I did was I sold some of my players and make loan to some of these fantastic players. Besides loan, I decided to improve my training staff. I removed 1/2 of my previous staff to bring some new coaching staffs. Even my old assistant manager I replace it with the new one with better attributes.

IN

View attachment 390663
Lucas Digne

I manage to loan this promising young talented left back from PSG, with only 50% wage and I can use his service until end of the season. I need a rotation for Luna as he the only left back available in squad right now. I hope that I can transfer him permanently to Villa Park.

View attachment 390662
Andrea Bertolacci

Even though we have so many midfielders I'm a bit surprise that we don't have a good attacking midfielders with advance playmaker capability. He will fill the central gap for become the master mind of attacking with Fabian Delph as his back ups. If he did well this season maybe I would considering his transfer permanently.

OUT

View attachment 390661
Alan Hutton

Since the start of the game he was wanted by several clubs and with his age that almost reach 30, there's no reason for him for not to go from the Villa Park.

View attachment 390658
Nathan Baker

Actually is kinda sad to see him leaving the Villa Park as he rated 4 stars for potential to become a star in this league. But I desperately need the money for rebuilding my squad by adding some new coaches and the budget for loaning Lucas Digne. I hope I can bring him back sometime.

*next update will be a monthly update of August report.

Last edited:
I am looking forward to this story mate because I am a villa fan. I am glad you sold Hutton because he is rubbish.

attachment.php

AUGUST 2013

FIXTURES

FIXTURESAUGUST_zps59f8239d.jpg

So the team did an excellent start of this month, managing to win 3 out of 4 games. I'm very pleased with the team's morale and consistency through the games although we did lost at our last game of the month.

1st game (English Premiere League)
AVFCvWB_zps2e238481.jpg

Aston Villa: Albrighton (45+1)

I'm very pleased with how the team manage to win the first game of the season. Even though in this game the morale was quite poor, the team successfully deliver a good start and have more ball possession through out the game. I'm happy with this match performance.

Player of the match: Jonas Olsson (West Brom)

2nd game (English Premiere League)
AVFCvsCARDIFF_zps6027b9a0.jpg

Cardiff: Odemwingie (34, 49) Aston Villa: Benteke (2, 16, 52), Bacuna (37), Agbonlahor (67)

Fantastic game! It was a fun game to watch we manage to scored first 3 goals and taking the lead at the 1st half. At the 2nd half the team spirit suddenly increased even more and scored another two fantastic goals! It was a fantastic game and we did it on their home stadium! I'm sure their fans will be very devastated after seeing that game, what a
humiliation! And by the way Benteke scored his first hat-trick of the season.

Player of the match: Christian Benteke (Aston Villa)

3rd game (Capital One Cup)
AVFCvBLAPPL_zps49336b63.jpg

Blackpool: Davies (34), Osbourne (76) Aston Villa: Bacuna (61), Benteke (73, pen 90+2)

Even though we won this game, i'm a bit disappointed with my team performance. Our defences were very poor and weak as they were the one who taking lead first. Only Matt Lowtton who delivered a very good performance, he was good at both defence and offence from the right side, amazing pace. I think we only won this game by luck with Benteke scored from penalty at the injury time.

Player of the match: Christian Benteke (Aston Villa)

4rd game (English Premiere League)
AVFCvsSTK_zpsde4e5712.jpg

Stoke: Pennant (25)

A very very poor performance! I was speechless in this game. I even get mad on the team after we take so much ball possession and goal attempt we cannot deliver it through the net! Benteke was useless in this game having only 4.7 rating and I had to replace him at half-time, well actually it's because of the solid performance from Ryan Shawcross who marked him tightly. The only one player who didn't upset me was Yacouba Sylla, he had a good performance on the midfield. He managed to intercept some of opponent crucial passes, without him I don't know what will be the end result of this game.

Player of the match: Ryan Shawcross (Stoke)

PLAYER OF THE MONTH:
Christian Benteke

View attachment 565640

Scored 5 goals out of 4 matches and he scored his first hat-trick of the season during AVFC vs Cardiff game. Amazing performance during this month and I hope he had a good consistency over the next months!

LEAGUE TABLE

STANDINGLEAGUE_zpse17f5cd0.jpg

SQUAD

SQUAD_zps49e79da6.jpg

TRANSFER WINDOW
TRANSFERWINDOW_zps4dfd8063.jpg

Mostly the transfer were just between EPL teams. Lucas Leiva transfer from Liverpool to Man City is the no.1 highlight of this summer transfer window with 23M transfer deal.

ELSEWHERE:

View attachment 390453

Chelsea won the Euro Super Cup against Bayer Munchen with final score 2-1. Good job Mourinho!

*next update will be a September report

Last edited:
attachment.php

SEPTEMBER 2013

FIXTURES

FIXTURES_zps56b88579.jpg

Not a best month! We only managed to win 2 out of 4 games and also with a one defeat at the Villa Park. However I'm very pleased with the team's morale and performance at away games and I could say that the team did a good job there. A lost from Newcastle was really disappointing because through out the game we have more ball possession and goal attempts but it never went to the net. We're also get through the Capital One Cup 3rd round with a fantastic game, I would say Burnley was a little bit lucky there managed to scored 3 goals through our net. So it's a good month with a little disappointment.

Team Stat

TEAMSTAT_zps8e9a1148.jpg

League Table

LEAGUETABLE_zps98e171e1.jpg

Not bad at all for this month league table, we're currently lying at 8th and things just running according to plan so far. Hope we can be at top 10 over the next months.

Capital One Cup

View attachment 390017
Player of the month:
Ron Vlaar

View attachment 390015

A good month for Ron Vlaar, his solid effort at the defence line was brilliant! He managed to get a 7 rating from all of the four games. His influence as a captain was never questionable, without him I think we could loose at our away matches. Nice one Ron! Keep it up!

*next update will be the October report

Last edited:
attachment.php

October 2013

FIXTURES

FIXTURES_zps8de37d22.jpg

A **** of a month! We faced all of the top four teams! It was an all out defence month, I adapted the 'park the bus' system to the teams. Everyday we practice about defence, defence, and defence. I need to say that it's not a best month but I can't be disappointed with the result. We managed to have a tie game versus Man Utd at the Villa Park and even a tie at Emirates Stadium, which was awesome! I'm pretty happy with how the boys managed to have a rock-solid performance through out the month! I even get a credit by Mourinho for giving a all out defence formation and it requires them to work even hard. But the most important are the team's morale and this month is quite good actually and I'm pretty excited to see what happen next month. Well, a loss against Man City was acceptable as the teams already put an all out performance against Arsenal 3 days before and I can't blame them for the loss. Good job team!

TEAM STATUS

SQUAD_zps75ad1874.jpg

LEAGUE TABLE

*For the league table I'll update it with December report because I forgot to take a screen shot of October league table.

Player of the month:
Matt Lowton

View attachment 389607

Managed to get two times player of the match. His solid effort at the pitch was unbelievable! He got the speed for helping the forward and also got the skills to tackle his opponents. He even got a highlight of comparing him to a big giant rock as if there's a rock in front of the goal. Amazing performance!

*next update will be a November report and even a December report

Last edited: