The Best League System in the World

The Shots

Banned
Reaction score
I have a few questions, and I might make a DB with responces...

1. What makes English football so attractive, and the best League in the World?

2. What influence does La Liga (Liga BBVA) have on the Spanish National team, making them the best team in the world?

3. What does Non-European football lack, that makes it so much worse than Europe. (A bit of controversy on this question, but still :S)

The reason this is in Editing rather than football, is that I would like to use your answers to help make Non-European football bigger on FM11, and I will be remodeling nations, and league systems such as poor reputation countries like San Marino and Reunion.

Also the whole point of the DB is to take the realism out of the game, and try to allow poor countries to be a force, without 'cheating.'

Thanks for reading and answering my questions.

To answer number 3, the economy of most european nations are far stronger and healthier than most other nations, say south america.

In turn they can offer better wages than clubs based outside europe, which attracts all the best players.

Besides alot of south american teams would put it up to european teams, they are almost always superior in technique and very good in possession of the ball.

The population and financial state of the country.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

It is the economy of the country that attracts players, not the wages.

that and the big european teams tend to be buying teams whereas the other big teams around the world for example the south american teams have always made their money through selling on brilliant players at a profit.

I have a few questions, and I might make a DB with responces...

1. What makes English football so attractive, and the best League in the World?

2. What influence does La Liga (Liga BBVA) have on the Spanish National team, making them the best team in the world?

3. What does Non-European football lack, that makes it so much worse than Europe. (A bit of controversy on this question, but still :S)

The reason this is in Editing rather than football, is that I would like to use your answers to help make Non-European football bigger on FM11, and I will be remodeling nations, and league systems such as poor reputation countries like San Marino and Reunion.

Also the whole point of the DB is to take the realism out of the game, and try to allow poor countries to be a force, without 'cheating.'

Thanks for reading and answering my questions.

1. It's probably the best, but not certainly the best. Spain's top 2 are much better than England's top 2. Positions 3-5 in England are better than Spain's 3-5 probably. 6-20? I don't think there's much difference. As far as being attractive, people in England think it's attractive, and many people do not. In all of my time in Latin America I've never heard anyone describe the Premiership as attractive. The people that do find it attractive like it for its pace.

2. The Spanish NT is good because Spanish youth development is good and because their entire NT plays on two different team pretty much and they have great chemistry. And Spanish players are playing for their best clubs and in the Champions League. This isn't the case as much in England.

3. Non-European football is much, much better than European football. Europeans have more money and buy up all of the Latin players, but if you had to play in your own country (pretty much how it was before the 90's), Argentina's and Brazil's leagues would wipe the floor with European teams. Uruguay would be good as well.

The solution to what you're looking for is making a 0 foreigner rule in the major leagues. It took a long time but that's what I did. Look at my story for a link to the databases that I made. The problem is the foreign players just sit on the bench and are OK with doing so. So you have to use FMRTE to expire their contracts. Took an amazing amount of time, and I'm almost done. I'll post the save on my story as soon as I finish (and then will continue the story).

In the english league there is much more competition between teams.There are no two teams that will win the league every year such as Celtic & Rangers in the SPL, Barca and Real in La Liga and Ajax and Feyenoord.

In the english league there is much more competition between teams.There are no two teams that will win the league every year such as Celtic & Rangers in the SPL, Barca and Real in La Liga and Ajax and Feyenoord.

Man u & chelsea ? :p

I'd say curtis290 has pretty much said it all :)

Thats kind of pant tbh. More teams in Spain have won their league in the same time that the Prem has been founded than England.

Also, Twente have won their league, as well as PSV and AZ Alkmaar, so that is kind of invalid.

:(

It used to be ManU and Arsenal, then it became ManU and Chelsea, now it's just ManU...the Prem is just as much of a two-horse race as La Liga or the SPL, the difference is that the top two in La Liga are much better than the top 2 in the Prem.

Edit: oops, I hadn't refreshed the page in like 2 hours when I replied.

Last edited:
Well, if the Brazilian teams could keep the their players here, it would definitly be the best league, but only Santa would make that possible...
Anyway, if the Brasileirao isn't the best league in terms of skilled players(oh, the irony), it is definitly the best in the world for competition. In Spain, almost every year, it's Barca or Real Madrid. In the portuguese league, the winner will probably be Sporting, Porto, Benfica or Braga. The English Premier legue has more teams that can win, like Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Totteham... In Brasileirao, every year, the favorites are: Palmeiras, Santos, Sao Paulo, Corinthians, Flamengo, Fluminense, Internacional, Gremio and Cruzeiro, and, sometimes, Botafogo. The level of the competition is well balanced(doesn't mean it's good, unfortunately). It would be awesome to see the great players here(not for Palmeiras, 2001-2010 was the worst decade in our history), Sao Paulo with Kaka, Julio Baptista, Luis Fabiano, Lugano, Grafite. Santos: Robinho, Diego, Renato, Alex(Chelsea). Corinthians had Mascherano and Tevez playing in 2005. Palmeiras had Alex(Fenerbahce) and Henrique. Internacional: Nilmar and Pato. And the list goes on..
If you check the La Liga champions, since 1959, only 13 times the champion wasn't Barca or Real Madrid. Real Madrid won it 25 times since that year. In Brazil, Palmeiras and Santos are the greatest champions, and both have won the league "just" 8 times. Another thing, is that were, sometimes, 2 championships in just one year(67, 68, 87).

In a few words, if the Brasileirao isn't the best of the leagues in terms of players, it certainly is in "emotion". I believe the same is happening now in Argentina, as Boca and River are struggling to even qualify for the Libertadores. I believe that the Uruguay League is more similar to the Spanish league, as Penarol and Nacional are the greatest there.

Well, if the Brazilian teams could keep the their players here, it would definitly be the best league, but only Santa would make that possible...
Anyway, if the Brasileirao isn't the best league in terms of skilled players(oh, the irony), it is definitly the best in the world for competition. In Spain, almost every year, it's Barca or Real Madrid. In the portuguese league, the winner will probably be Sporting, Porto, Benfica or Braga. The English Premier legue has more teams that can win, like Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Totteham... In Brasileirao, every year, the favorites are: Palmeiras, Santos, Sao Paulo, Corinthians, Flamengo, Fluminense, Internacional, Gremio and Cruzeiro, and, sometimes, Botafogo. The level of the competition is well balanced(doesn't mean it's good, unfortunately). It would be awesome to see the great players here(not for Palmeiras, 2001-2010 was the worst decade in our history), Sao Paulo with Kaka, Julio Baptista, Luis Fabiano, Lugano, Grafite. Santos: Robinho, Diego, Renato, Alex(Chelsea). Corinthians had Mascherano and Tevez playing in 2005. Palmeiras had Alex(Fenerbahce) and Henrique. Internacional: Nilmar and Pato. And the list goes on..
If you check the La Liga champions, since 1959, only 13 times the champion wasn't Barca or Real Madrid. Real Madrid won it 25 times since that year. In Brazil, Palmeiras and Santos are the greatest champions, and both have won the league "just" 8 times. Another thing, is that were, sometimes, 2 championships in just one year(67, 68, 87).

In a few words, if the Brasileirao isn't the best of the leagues in terms of players, it certainly is in "emotion". I believe the same is happening now in Argentina, as Boca and River are struggling to even qualify for the Libertadores. I believe that the Uruguay League is more similar to the Spanish league, as Penarol and Nacional are the greatest there.

As Brazil develops it's only getting better and better...its pool of players is so large. But if everyone played in their own leagues Argentina would be just as good...they have won more Libertadores, you know, which is because during that era they were just as good if not slightly better than the Brazilian league.

1. It's probably the best, but not certainly the best. Spain's top 2 are much better than England's top 2. Positions 3-5 in England are better than Spain's 3-5 probably. 6-20? I don't think there's much difference. As far as being attractive, people in England think it's attractive, and many people do not. In all of my time in Latin America I've never heard anyone describe the Premiership as attractive. The people that do find it attractive like it for its pace.

I disagree. Barca and Real Madrid are not "much better" then the current top two teams in the Premier league. They are about the same. If Man Utd faced Barca, and Arsenal faced Madrid, it would all come down to where they were playing, who was playing, and what kind of mood the players are in. And lets not forget Arsenal are on course to knock Barca out of the Champions league.

2. The Spanish NT is good because Spanish youth development is good and because their entire NT plays on two different team pretty much and they have great chemistry. And Spanish players are playing for their best clubs and in the Champions League. This isn't the case as much in England.
I agree. The players know each other's play style and easily translates that to national team.

3. Non-European football is much, much better than European football. Europeans have more money and buy up all of the Latin players, but if you had to play in your own country (pretty much how it was before the 90's), Argentina's and Brazil's leagues would wipe the floor with European teams. Uruguay would be good as well.
50/50 agree/disagree. Spain, Netherlands and Germany are topping the FIFA rankings are they not? Spain and Germany where the two best teams in the World cup were they not? And the next generation of wonderkids are coming out from the Europeans aren't they? The Hazards, Lukaku's, Wilshere, Enzo Zidane? Prob missing a view.

And the next generation of wonderkids are coming out from the Europeans aren't they? The Hazards, Lukaku's, Wilshere, Enzo Zidane? Prob missing a view.

You seem to play too much FM :p Do you really think Brazil and Argentina aren't producing good youngsters? Neymar, Lamela, Lanzini, Funes Mori, Ganso, Alex Sandro, Casemiro... need I continue? I'm saving quite a few names here... I can bet my left ball on the majority of the next top players coming from South America, although I'm keeping my right one just in case.

I disagree. Barca and Real Madrid are not "much better" then the current top two teams in the Premier league. They are about the same. If Man Utd faced Barca, and Arsenal faced Madrid, it would all come down to where they were playing, who was playing, and what kind of mood the players are in. And lets not forget Arsenal are on course to knock Barca out of the Champions league.

Sorry but Barca and Real Madrid are just on a different level right now...they thrash every team they play. True they might not win in two-legged draws in the CL where they have a target on their backs, but I'm sure Barca will finish off Arsenal with ease. Both Barca and Real had lots of players that played deep into the cup, that's their problem, and fatigue will catch up to them, which is why I don't see either winning the Champions League.

50/50 agree/disagree. Spain, Netherlands and Germany are topping the FIFA rankings are they not? Spain and Germany where the two best teams in the World cup were they not? And the next generation of wonderkids are coming out from the Europeans aren't they? The Hazards, Lukaku's, Wilshere, Enzo Zidane? Prob missing a view.

Yeah that's because Argentina and Brazil have the problem of none of their players playing in the same leagues with the same style. Many of them have trained in Europe for years, and they don't gel well together at all. Many of them are far too 'specialized' in the traditional European football sense. If they all played in their domestic leagues, they would be different players, and the team would play much better together. Just remember that when the historic Liverpool teams of the 80's went to the Intercontinental Cup they were soundly beaten by Zico's Flamengo and Bochini's Independiente. Even the Uruguayan teams were great in these competitions into the 90's.

the best league system in the world is the Scottish one.

lol

(this is a joke by the way)

As Brazil develops it's only getting better and better...its pool of players is so large. But if everyone played in their own leagues Argentina would be just as good...they have won more Libertadores, you know, which is because during that era they were just as good if not slightly better than the Brazilian league.

Yes, the Brazilian league is getting better now, and, hopefully, the 2014 WC will help us, even with those "White Elephants" stadiums in North and Central states. Or it will help develop the smaller teams. About the Argentinian teams winning more Libertadores, there is something with the Brazilian teams in the "Liberta", they get to the final and, as we say, "get yellow", it seems that teams from Argentina are more prepared to play it. I mean, Palmeiras lost 3 Libertadores finals, but we would win the 2001 edition if the Referee didn't play for Boca Jrs.:mad:

What I mostly miss in South American clubs is marketing strategies, everybody knows the Champions League Anthem, but they don't know the Libertadores Anthem(It actually exists). From what I read in the forums here, South American leagues aren't really watched in Europe, while here, well... I just watched Real Madrid vs Lyon here, and it's not Pay Per View or anything like that. When the clubs find out about the profits of showing their stuff to the world, we'll get better. It's seems that just Corinthians, Internacional and Sao Paulo know that. A big part of the problem has a lot to do with the fans too. I believe you've all heard about what Corinthians' fans did to their own club properties( trowing rocks at the players' cars...), in Brazil, and, I believe in Argentina too, they don't spend money on their teams, people buy pirate jerseys, nobody cares about supporting the team with a bit of money every month(we call it "social supporter", but I don't know the english term). But they do spend a lot of time and money with the Organizadas("Organized Supporters") and the Barra Bravas...

I personally think that the League System in Argentina is pretty good :D

And i also like the Brazilian system, they have their Premier League...and State Championships.

Just remember that when the historic Liverpool teams of the 80's went to the Intercontinental Cup they were soundly beaten by Zico's Flamengo and Bochini's Independiente. Even the Uruguayan teams were great in these competitions into the 90's.
The Intercontinental Cup was a great cup.. Palmeiras played a lot better than Manchester United in 99, but Marcos "wasn't in a good mood" that day and we lost so many chances to score... :'(CONMEBOL 25 x UEFA 25, was the final score for the Intecontinetal Cup. I would also like to see South American teams playing more times against European teams in Friendly cups, like the Trofeo Ramon de Carranza, the Joan Gamper Trophy or any other, but the calendar won't allow that(Not in FM, I've beat Ajax(2x1) and Milan(4x0:D) in friendly matches with PalmeirasXD). More friendly competitions with South American teams would also be great, like the Uruguayan "Campeonato Internacional de Verano".

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

I personally think that the League System in Argentina is pretty good :D

And i also like the Brazilian system, they have their Premier League...and State Championships.

Argentinan League System is Apertura/Clausura, right?

And, about the State Championships, I really like them, but they're too long, the Sao Paulo State Championship(Campeonato Paulista) has 23 rounds, more than half a season, they could take only from 7 to 10 rounds, and still be as interesting for the big clubs and good for the smaller teams. That would save time for the pre-season and, as I said before, Friendly Championships.

I like the Rio State Championship style, just like Apertura/Clausura, but smaller. Still, I think the Paulistao should be more like the World Cup, with a group & Knockout style.

1 - It has pace, shocks and money.

2 - The core of the team (Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Villa) play together for Barcelona, good chemistry IMO.

3 - Money

In response to most exciting league in the world, Russia has to be up there? CSKA, Zenit, Rubin, Spartak, Lokomotiv, Dynamo (to a lesser extent) are all up trying to win the league, even Terek Grozny and Anzhi are being talked about this year.

In response to most exciting league in the world, Russia has to be up there? CSKA, Zenit, Rubin, Spartak, Lokomotiv, Dynamo (to a lesser extent) are all up trying to win the league, even Terek Grozny and Anzhi are being talked about this year.

I forgot that the Russian League has a balanced level too, maybe one of the best European leagues in terms of "numbers of favorites". Dynamo is Lev Yashin team, isn't it? Is Anzhi or Grozny R.Carlos new team?

Last edited: