The best use of imported tactics?

davidb30

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I dont post very often, but I have been a memeber and a fan of both this website and football manager since the game first came out years ago. This site was always helpful, but now it really is a fantastic place for fans of the game!

Anyway, my question is...

What do you think is the best way to use imported tactics from the testing page?

Should we stick to the file exactly to get the best results or is it best to use it as a base to modify to suit your team?

I have done both so just wanted to see what you all thought? Does changing roles to suit your team actually help or are you taking away from the "tested final product" so to speak?

for example I dont like using inverted wing backs very much, but if i change this am I going to 'break' the tactic?

I always stick to the file exactly to get the best results for a season. After that I may modify and compare if it's better or worse after my modification. Sadly, most of the time it became bad :p

mpst of the time i play dukes 433, but i had a variation with df to wingers or even IW, so some times a small change is better

I always stick to the file exactly to get the best results for a season. After that I may modify and compare if it's better or worse after my modification. Sadly, most of the time it became bad :p

HaHa The same for me ! I always try it first and then change something to see if it works better, but it never works xD

Something else : I'm very often surprised by players that i was thinking nothing good in the tactic... and that reveal some unexpected talent !