The @bidstack FM Cup (£1,000 prize pool)

Danny

Premium
Reaction score
Not going to lie, I've totally forgot to update this thread with more info/results etc.

The BidstackFMCup HAS started and a load of games have already been played, my plan is on Saturday to have myself or someone else update this thread with everything that has happened during the cup so far.

If you want to catch up with what's happened before then, @fmbase &@fmcreators on Twitter are the places to be.

Or, the fmcreators Discord server has dedicated channels for the cup: https://discord.gg/9n2FgXV

The bidstack FM Cup: The Group Stages

teaser.png

Welcome!

In this post I will be looking at the group stages of the bidstack FM Cup. If you haven't heard of the bidstack FM Cup before or you don't know what it is about. I wrote an article on it here. The group stages for the bidstack FM Cup were drawn live on Twitch by one of the admins Mozza. It was a very tense draw with many big hitters being drawn together in the same groups.

the-fm-cup-group-stage-draw.png

As you can see from the draw there are some really challenging and even groups. Group B is a prime example of the Football Managaer big guns going up against each other with FMZweierkette and FMGuru in that group. Group H is a perfect example of a level playing field with KylexFM, KegManPlays, DatguyJaycee and Parkin90 all being at a similar reputable standing.

Group A

Beardmore FM 5-1 Inverted Wingbacks. Inverted Winbacks 2-0 Beardmore FM
Rampant FM 0-3 Inverted Wingbacks. Inverted Wingbacks 0-6 Rampant FM

654421471a95dc74abc8677eac094152.png

Only a few games played in Group A bit it is already heating up to be a very tightly contested group. It all hangs on Regista’s games. But Inverted Wingbacks currently in top spot with 4 games played.

Group B

Mozza 2-2 StannersFM. StannersFM 1-1 Mozza
FM Zweierkette 2-0 FM Guru. FM Guru 2-1 FM Zweierkette

ade40f23471f2de9b3d10d328134a97a.png

Not many games played in Group B. But already very tight in the games. The big guns had to settle for 1 win a piece whilst Mozza and StannersFM couldn’t make the most of their matches. FM Zweierkette currently top on goal difference.

Group C

Superr Pengu1n 3-0 Otterdam City. Otterdam City 1-0 Superr Pengu1n
FM Trequartista 3-3 Otterdam City. Otterdam City 3-2 FM Trequartista

9e58de411bf4820c6ec6998a3a2dbf1d.png

Just the 2 sets of games played in this group. That’s Otterdam City looking pretty at the top of the table. But, so much left to be decided in this group. Some would say extra pressure has been thrown onto Fryman7; previous FMWEC champion. But who knows, Superr Pengu1n too on goal difference after only the 2 games played.

Group D

CookieFM 4-1 Vulrak. Vulrak 5-3 CookieFM
RJPlays 2-2 Azzopardi. Azzopardi 1-1 RJPlays
RJPlays 7-1 Vulrak. Vulrak 2-6 RJPlays
CookieFM 1-0 RJPlays. RJPlays 1-1 CookieFM
Azzopardi 1-2 Vulrak. Vulrak 1-1 Azzopardi
CookieFM 4-0 Azzopardi. Azzopardi 2-0 CookieFM

4a88412a7cad7879c50f3856e114131a.png

The first completed group within the first week of the competition. Big congratulations to the effort put in by this group. It was a greatly contested group with qualification in doubt until the very last game where Vulrak snatched qualification away from Azzopardi’s grasp. CookieFM and RJPlays who were considered underdogs to qualify from this group. Have done it! Big congrats to you both.

Group E

Mikaelinho FM 4-2 Cap GoodSpeed. Cap GoodSpeed 3-3 Mikaelinho FM
Cap GoodSpeed 2-1 Macbearded. Macbearded 7-3 Cap GoodSpeed
KevMC 3-2 Cap GoodSpeed. Cap GoodSpeed 4-3 KevMC
Mikaelinho FM 2-0 Macbearded. Macbearded 0-6 Mikaelinho FM
Macbearded 2-2 KevMC. KevMC 3-2 Macbearded

28ebace366c7b7faff35900d166c950d.png

Group E are waiting on 1 game to be played between Mikaelinho FM and KevMC before its complete. Unfortunately, Macbearded is already out of the running but Cap GoodSpeed still has a chance of qualifying if Mikaelinho can beat KevMC in the 2 games with a goal difference of more than 6 goals. Currently top is Mikaelinho FM on a smashing 10 points.

Group F

Bobby G 1-1 SammyDoda. SammyDoda 2-4 Bobby G

aaeb38adb3a0acb278ca9e79e5ec4cb3.png

Only the 1 set of games been played so far in this group. A long way to go that’s for sure. But SammyDoda will want to bounce back from the defeat and look to improve in the coming games. Bobby G sits top othe group with 4 points. A lot of football to be played.

Group G

FM Mariner 4-2 VivalaVida. VivalaVida 4-0 FM Mariner
Beasley 1-2 FM Mariner. FM Mariner 4-1 Beasley
VivalaVida 1-1 Beasley. Beasley 2-4 VivalaVida

38ea7ed7819dd254010e141dd00eb421.png

Group G has already had 2 front runners so far in FM Mariner and VivalaVida. BigDadyHam has it all to play for. Beasley will need to make sure he takes 6 points from BigDadyHam if he has any chance of qualifying. FM Mariner sits top of the group on 9 points.

Group H

KegManPlays 2-3 KylexFM. KylexFM 2-3 KegManPlays
KegManPlays 3-3 Jaycee. Jaycee 0-0 KegManPlays
Parkin 1-0 KegManPlays. KegManPlays 2-2 Parkin

2af3de3c30eef1fe395c782fdadc07a0.png

KegManPlays has smashed out his 6 games and has a total of 6 points so far. The rest of the group have it all to play for with points on the board for everyone already. KegManPlays sits top at the moment.

Thank you for reading this update on how the bidstack FM Cup has gone 1 week into the competition. Please do let me know in the comments or on Twitter any feedback you may have. See you next time.

Some of these matches have been crazy, the RJPlays v Vulrak matches didn't go how I'd expect it to go, and the scoreline over the two games was crazy! I didn't think anyone saw that coming...