I3east

Reaction score

After the new patch was released i decided to close my other story and start a new story which will be more of a challenge for me to succeed as a manager.

attachment.php

Quinn sacks Bruce and announces new manager just hours after

niall_quinn_1369596c.jpg

Sunderland owner Niall Quinn has today confirmed that Steve Bruce has been sacked and former Liverpool and Inter Milan manager Rafa Benitez will take the helm at the club. This decision has bewildered many Sunderland supporters but Benitez has been given Quinn's backing.

'I believe that Benitez has the potential to take this club forward, the other applicants hadn't well impressed me and Rafa was perfect for the job. He knows the Premier League well and he knows the teams well too. I understand the fans are unhappy about the sacking of Bruce but i think it is best for the club'

Steve Bruce did a good job during his time at the Stadium Of Light leading Sunderland to a 13th place finish last campaign. Bruce also has signed Asamoah Gyan from Stade Rennais for £13,000,000. Bruce had this to say on his departure,

' I am obviously very sad to be leaving Sunderland as they are a great club, i have enjoyed my time here but it has to end sometime, unfortunately my time is now. I will miss everything to do with Sunderland, the fans, the players and the stadium. I wish to return to management as soon as possible and i would love to return here one day and I wish Rafa all the best for the future'

Benitez has been linked with many players since taking over including Jimmy Bullard, Alan Smith, Dale Jennings and Vincent Enyeama but meanwhile he may have a uphill battle on his hand as Inter Milan and Liverpool are interested in Jordan Henderson and Lee Cattermole and they are willing to pay up to £20,000,000 for both players.

Last edited:
Sunderland should be a good team to use with the new patch.

With such depth in the middle of the park, and who will partner Gyan? or will he play alone up front?

Looking forward to this, good luck mate.

Bent's gone Villa, hasn't he? XD
Good luck mate, and hopefully it's good as mines ;)