Steven Dodds

Reaction score
images

Dodds Hired!

Sunderland AFC owner Ellis Short has today announced the sacking of Martin O'Neil, for reasons unknown, but even more shocking news is that he has already chosen a new manager, Steven Dodds, an unknown manager.

Start of Season Expectations
View attachment 242442

This season I am looking for a solid finish in the table. I will be looking for a formation that works, so results may vary throughout the season.

Transfers In

Sime Vrsaljko - £3,100,000

View attachment 242441

Maniche - Free Transfer
View attachment 242440

Friendlies

Sunderland 2-0 Sunderland Reserves
W.Brown 30', J.Colback 85'

St. Mirren 3-2 Sunderland
M.Grant og 37', L.Cattermole 46'

Sunderland
3-0 Hamburg
T.Rincon og 5', D.Vaughan 59', Ji. D Won 63'

Marseille 3-1 Sunderland
Ji. D Won 16'

Boussu 0-3 Sunderland
Maniche 11', R.Noble 33', J.Egan 90'

Turnhot 0-4 Sunderland
N.Bendtner 11', Maniche 17', S.Sessegnon 30', J.Egan 52'

Dungannon 0-4 Sunderland
S.Sessegnon 20' 36', Maniche 56', B.Knott 66'

Portadown 0-3 Sunderland
M.Kilgallon 9', C.Gardner 33', G.Honeyman 65'

Result of Pre Season

My result of Pre Season has to be the 3-0 win over Hamburg. It was a great team win over a side that should be beating us but we overcame the odds and that win should have boosted the morale.

Player of Pre Season
images

Kieran Richardson has been my Player of Pre Season. He may not have scored a goal but he has managed to get himself 6 assists in 6 games from the Left Back position, which is brilliant. Hopefully he continues this in the Season to come.

August Results

images

Wolves 1-1 Sunderland
S.Larrsson 60'

Sunderland 0-4 Chelsea

Newcastle 3-1 Sunderland
Bendtner 19', Cattermole sent off 27'

View attachment 242516
View attachment 242517
View attachment 242518

images

Notts County 2-4 Sunderland
C.Gardner 5' 24, J.Kelly own goal 45', A.Elmohamady 63'

View attachment 242519

League Cup Draw

Birmingham vs Sunderland

Result of The Month

The result of the month can only go to one result, Notts County 2-4 Sunderland. Although not being the best result, it was still a win, the only win of the month which is
disappointing.

Player of The Month

images

None of the players really deserve to be named player of the month but if I had to give it to someone it would be Nicklas Bendtner. scoring 1 and assisting 2 in the 2 games he has played.

View attachment 242515

​September Results

images

Sunderland 2-2 Norwich
N.Bendtner 22' 42

Swansea 0-0 Sunderland

Sunderland 1-0 Blackburn
S.Sessegnon 72'

View attachment 242635

View attachment 242638

View attachment 242639

images

Birmingham 1-3 Sunderland
J.Colback 20', E.Valles own goal 26', S.Larsson 33'

View attachment 242640

League Cup Draw

Sunderland vs Manchester City

Result of The Month

The result of the month has to be the 1-0 win over Blackburn. Our 1st league win of the season, hopefully it will give us a kick up the backside and make us push on in the league instead of slouching and not putting in much effort against the weaker teams, which we have been doing of late.

Player of The Month

images

Seb Larsson is my Player of the Month. There were some candidates for this accolade but Larsson has just pipped it for me. He has collected lots of assists this month and has worked really hard for the team, covering over 10km in each game he played in.

Monthly Overview

Overall this month has been a decent one. Not the best but not the worst. It is definitely an improvement in last month, but then again that wouldn't be hard. We put in some good performances this month and I am happy with my teams effort. The Carling Cup is going well be we needed the luck of the draw and we didn't get it, Man City will be a tough fixture and we would need something special to happen if we were to progress to the next round but all we can do is hope.