DeclanH

Reaction score
View attachment 279610

Hello and welcome to a brand new story where I am attempting to bring back a fallen club, Blackpool. Having not to long ago played in the top flight of English football, Blackpool have recently ran into difficult times. Blackpool find themselves having financial difficulty which has recently been made clear by the condition of its football pitch and also the fact goalkeeper, Joe Lewis, had to wear a strip that he signed by himself to be auctioned. On this day Blackpool sit rock bottom of the Championship, it's time for a change.

I will be giving monthly updates on how I am doing which will include results, cup draws, player performances, tactics, monthly awards and anything else I may find relevant to update you on. I hope you enjoy the journey!

View attachment 279553

PRE-SEASON

This transfer window didn't see a lot of in and outs happening, however I did bring in myself a fresh backroom staff. Pre-season friendlies went excellent due to me relying on the squad I had at my disposal when joining. As the season draws closer I am fairly confident about what's to come.

TACTIC

There was quite a decent squad of players available to me once I joined and set to work figuring out what tactic could be best. With players such as Andrea Orlandi, Jose Miguel Cubero and Steven Davies showing great ability for the team with the addition of Nile Ranger and Nathan Delfouneso showing potential for the future I was confident that I would find the suitable tactic to ensure my team played at it's best. I quickly came to the decision to adopt a 4-3-3 formation.

View attachment 279550View attachment 279549

I used this tactic through the whole of pre-season and the results and performances were of its highest quality. However, I may at times drop a midfielder into a deeper position to play as a DM.

PRE-SEASON RESULTS

A quick round-up of the results we achieved from out pre-season fixtures.

View attachment 279547

NEW STAFF

I decided upon my arrival that the current backroom staff was very poor. As a result I went out straight away to bring in fresh coaches to ensure my players were developing properly. I brought in a variety of coaches, scouts and physios as we lacked quality in these areas.

View attachment 279546

View attachment 279544

--

We start the season with an away game to Nottingham Forest which will be a big challenge for us. My aim for the season is simply to avoid relegation but hopefully I can finish well beyond that.

Nice start mate and like the detail, as it's easy to read. Good luck, will keep an eye out for this. :)