The Blogging Footballer - Darius Vassell

Deano

Deuce
Reaction score
Hey, I've been following Vassells blog for awhile and it really is interesting. His struggle to cope with the culture and new ways is really something and you really begin to feel for him. He pours his heart out into his blog because well he is alone there and does not get to see his family, friends and wife enough. It's extremely heartfelt and you cant help but feel for the guy, you can feel his desperation to come back to the league.

There was a BBC blog that referenced it (awful piece of writing) but I noticed it has gained it a little more exposure. It's definately worth a read.

http://www.vassell.net/Darius/Blog/Blog.html

the man who made his reputation on one goal in one game... how's he playing there?

I think he could do a job for someone in the prem, maybe stoke, cant be any worse than Benjani and hes still around.

My washing machine and dryer should arrive today, i have a mounting of clothes to get through not to mention ironing also.. In my my toilet upstairs there is a shoot which goes down 2 floors into the utility room, allowing me to send all dirty clothes downstairs where they will land into a wash basket... wash baskets! i need to get some of those or the clothes will just be landing on the floor..

Anyways its a good idea and something i could do with at home in England.. Ill test it out with some old vests and socks first make sure theres no blockage

Finally. A blog with laundry. Perfect. :wub:

Check out the recent one about his tyres getting ****** when he went to get ps3.

I think he's just depressed that his attributes in Football Manager are so low.

I was quite shocking when a championship team didn't snap him up, unless he thinks he's better than that :/
which is debatable
shame though really, he is an honest bloke and does deserve a second chance in English football.

Although i do have to admit, when he was rumoured to cross the divide of Brum, as Ridgewell and Gardner have, every Blues fan was preying that he wouldn't LOL

"Vassell was mugged in Didsbury, Manchester in the early hours of 9 December 2008. He was uninjured but his watch and earrings were stolen.[14] When at Aston Villa Vassell missed several games after using a power drill during a night out with John Nicholson on his toe nail in attempt to relieve pressure on a swollen toe, leading to an infection"

Not a very lucky guy is he Lol.

He had bags of pace but little ability. Sort of like me in my day :S

Will check this out, Thanks Deano.