samillyroy

Reaction score
150px-TSV_1860_München.svg.png

1860 Munich is a curious story in German football history. One time winners of the German top flight, they have in the decades since fallen far, far behind their great rivals Bayern Munich in German football. In fact up until 1993 1860 had dropped right back into the doldrums of amateur football, a team that had completely lost its way.

Their return reached a peak in 2000 when they qualified for the Champions League only to lose out to Leeds United, and since then they have dropped back and now linger in the 2nd Bundesliga, whilst sharing a stadium with their bigger brother Bayern Munich.

Where did it all go wrong?

Many link it back to a famous match between 1860's youth side and a team consisting of a familiar face:

"Before the young Franz left the Giesing borough of Munich to turn the football world on its head, his career path took a dramatic turn of direction, though little did he know it at the time. Playing in a match for his local side against 1860 Munich’s youth team, Beckenbauer got a clip round the ear from an opposition player, prompting him to join local rivals FC Bayern instead of his favourite team at the time, 1860.

His subsequent success at Bayern left little doubt as to whether he made the right choice. Five German championships, four DFB Cups, three European Cups, one UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup and one Intercontinental Cup are evidence enough of Bayern's dominance during the 1970s, a decade in which the four-time German Footballer of the Year matured into one of the world's greatest defenders."

Who's to say that had things been different, it would now be 1860 with the prestige and history of the great Bayern Munich.

Nevertheless, the Lions as 1860 are affectionately known by their proud supporters, are determined to waken from their slumber and really stir up the rivalry that used to exist between them and Bayern. I am looking to forge a new identity for the club.

1860 MUENCHEN'S TROPHY CABINET

View attachment 372966

FC BAYERN MUENCHEN'S TROPHY CABINET

View attachment 372967

A daunting task indeed...

Last edited:

August 2012

View attachment 373072

A rather bizarre game of football in which we hit the woodwork twice and had 10 times as many shots as our opponents, but they scored with their only 2 shots of the game. Decent performance though.

View attachment 373073
Another match where we struggle to take our chances but we come back to at least grab a point against another of the promoted sides.

View attachment 373075
A first win of the campaign as we see off 3rd Division Arminia Bielefeld and fully deserved. We dominated play.

View attachment 373074
A draw, but a good draw away against title favourites FC Köln and we might have got even more with a bit of luck.

View attachment 372984

A good draw for the next round of the Pokal with another opportunity to progress against Aachen.

View attachment 372985

Wrong end of the table to be in all honesty but I can't argue with the performances, they've been top notch. We just have to keep going and the luck will come soon.

Die Löwen tief im Herzen tragen!

Last edited:
anyone know how to make the pictures viewed larger, so you don't have to click on them to see them clearly?? :D

anyone know how to make the pictures viewed larger, so you don't have to click on them to see them clearly?? :D
when you upload the ss just double click on it and you can than change its size

September 2012

View attachment 373076
Our first league win of the season but we had to come from behind with 10 men to get it! A top performance.

View attachment 373077
Top of the table Dresden never saw us coming as we cruised past them for a second win on the trot. Halfar was again impressive on the left with captain Ben Lauth converting a penalty for good measure.

View attachment 373078
Apparently we're the kind of team that smashes all the big teams. A 3-0 win against an expensively assembled Hertha side was brilliant, and we were well worthy of the scoreline.

View attachment 373079
A point, and naturally our worst performance of the month so far. We were slow out of the blocks and Stahl gave a penalty away, only to redeem himself with a nice strike toward the end.

View attachment 373080
Our only loss of the month against a strong St. Pauli side. We bossed the first half but they came out second half all guns blazing and were really worthy of the 3 points in the end.

View attachment 373081
Nice to end the month on a high as we eventually saw off lowly Paderborn thanks really to a late penalty converted by Stoppelkamp.

View attachment 373082

After a strong month in the league, the promotion spots are in sight! I was sure it was a matter of time after August with the way we were playing and we have put in some top results since.

The only sticky point was losing promising striker Bobby Shou Wood for 4 months, effectively ruling him out until after the winter break.

View attachment 373083
Not much activity on the transfer front, Alfriyie boosts our full-back position whilst Mineiro comes in on a short term contract to provide back up in midfield, a place where we are short of real experience.

View attachment 373085

Kolja was a cheap and reliable full-back to bring in and he hasn't disappointed so far.

View attachment 373084

I transfer listed a number of players and while we had some people sniffing around, no-one actually made the move. These are mostly my München II players getting some loan experience, with only Korbinian Vollmann likely to ever make the step up.

Great start ! And great idea for a story ! I think these kinda saves are better as trying to eclipse Bayerns success can only keep you motivated to keep the save going ! Might take some time though ;)

Great start ! And great idea for a story ! I think these kinda saves are better as trying to eclipse Bayerns success can only keep you motivated to keep the save going ! Might take some time though ;)

oh yeah it's a big story to try and attempt.. I think the best thing I can try to do is eclipse them in terms of prestige rather than match what they've won because that's a little unrealistic. I'll upload at the end of the seasons how we've come in terms of that. Hopefully I can do it :)

And also I'm sure you guessed I took inspiration in the layout and story ;) yours is the best I've seen in a while, I respect the way you manage. So sick of seeing first thing people doing is buying wellington nem etc, and then thinking that it's an achievement to then go on and win stuff ha.

Hope you follow :)

October 2012

View attachment 373402
A frustrating game for us really, having taken the lead I had expected us to hold on and grab the win but we allowed them back in the game and they eventually snuck a winner.

View attachment 373403
I was not pleased with this performance against a side in the relegation zone. We only just managed a point in the dying minutes as we came from 2-0 down to grab a draw. Poor performance.

View attachment 373404
Not such a bad result, but the manner of it was dissapointing. Winning with 10 minutes to go again we let two goals go in, and despite Stoppelkamp's dramatic equaliser it was a poor display. No league wins this month.

View attachment 373405
Really dissapointing. Aachen are bottom of the third league so this was beyond unacceptable and I let my players no this in no uncertain terms.

So out of the cup and three games without a win in the league, it hasn't been a great month. Without making excuses though we have lost several important players to long term injury which has knocked the wind out of our sails. Ziereis, Maier, Arne Feick, Bobby Shou Wood and Kai Bülow are all key players for us and we will be without all of them for several months.

Here's the league table, as we slip down to the middle of the pack.

View attachment 373406

Not a huge problem if we were to finish mid-table, seeing as this isn't a team I've been able to mould myself yet. Having side that, we have enough potential if we can get a run going to be challenging at the top.

Die Löwen tief im Herzen tragen.

November 2012

View attachment 373423
A really poor result, compounded by the fact that we took the lead against a side bottom of the table. Things are looking a little shaky at the moment.

View attachment 373424
Another dissapointing result as we take the lead and yet go on to squander it. We even had a winner disallowed just before Idrissou's penalty.

View attachment 373425
A welcome victory against fourth placed Bochum as our experienced head Bierofka guides us to our first victory in six games.

View attachment 373426
I don't know how we lost this as we conceded two early goals but dominated from then on. We got ourselves back in the game and then had a penalty in the second half but Lauth missed his second of the season.

View attachment 373427
A decent way to end the month after the dissapointing displays in recent games. Lauth bagged his first in a while, and we wrapped things up in the first half.

So a difficult month again for us, but at least we got two wins on the board which leaves us mid-table still.

View attachment 373428

I would suggest that the excuse for our form is the number of injuries we've had (Gabor Kiraly our number 1 keeper will miss the whole of December and missed all of November), and the fact that this isn't a team I have been able to mould.

That said I think with the squad we have we should be aiming for higher and I hope for some consistency after the winter break.

images

December 2012

View attachment 373432
A great performance against a side who beat us on the opening day. Halfar has been excellent this season.

View attachment 373433
Slammed Regensburg to finish off 2012 thanks to a wonderful hat-trick from Bierofka. We were all over them from the word go and take their 4th position to end the year.

An excellent way to end the year! 3 wins on the trot and we have been playing some nice football. We finish 2012 one spot away from the promotion places.

View attachment 373434

A game in hand on the top 3 and 6 points behind means that we still have a job on to qualify for the promotion spots, which would in itself be quite an achievement! I have confidence though.

Until next time,

January 2013

No fixtures this month, instead it's time for me to re-assess my squad and potentially bring in some extra players.

So first of all, transfers in. Stephan Hain has signed a pre-contract with us and will join up with the first team in the summer. He is still fairly young but is an exciting prospect and I hope he can provide Maier with suitable competition in the no.10 role.

View attachment 373456

Because of our apparently good performances this season, the board re-assessed the budgets and gave me an extra £200k for players. I therefore brought in a man called Fegor Ogude from Valerenga in Norway for £170k, a pure steal.

View attachment 373457

YOUTH PROSPECTS

I have been pleasantly surprised at the standard of young players coming through the under 19s and under 21s. I would show you our brightest prospects (Sebastian Maier, Bobby Shou Wood and Markus Ziereis but injury has hampered their development and effect on the squad).

Instead, these three players have surprised all of us with their capabilities at this level and have performed well in the first few months.

View attachment 373458

Vitus Eicher will never likely be a top goalkeeper but he has come in since Gabor Kiraly's injury and has performed really well. I have been delighted with his attitude.

View attachment 373459
It never looked particularly likely that Phillipp Steinhart would get a look in this season but injuries to Fathi, Feick and Volz all forced my hand but he came in and really impressed in November and December. Will likely feature until the end of the season.

View attachment 373460
In my eyes the best prospect currently at the club, Christoph Schindler has come on leaps and bounds since the beginning of the season and I see him as the spine of the team for the future. A real talent.

All looks bright for die Blaue Löwen currently, I can't wait for 2013!

February 2013

View attachment 374188
A top performance to continue our recent form. Halfar was particularly impressive.

View attachment 374189
Oh dear, a complete reverse of the last match. We were actually well in this game but kept being hit with sucker punches much to our annoyance. Dissapointing.

View attachment 374190
Results such as the last two matches are leaving the possibility of promotion as no more than a distant dream sadly. We also missed a penalty, the third miss this season from Ben Lauth.

View attachment 374191
Hmm, the month ends very dissapointingly and our early year optimism has been replaced by benign realisation. Hopefully we can kick on a little bit and finish a little higher than our current position.

Three poor consecutive results against teams that are arguably though top teams in this division leaves us bang in mid table again. I'm hoping we can pick ourselves up from this slump and end the season well.

View attachment 374192

​Die Löwen tief im Herzen tragen!

Hey, i've had a Die Lowen save going on for quite a while now and i've had so much fun with some remarkable results.....so i thought i'd go ahead and give you a bit of motiation and show you what the youth academy can churn out if you keep upgrading it. hope you get players like this too eventually...... Steam Community :: Screenshot Steam Community :: Screenshot Steam Community :: Screenshot Steam Community :: Screenshot Steam Community :: Screenshot Steam Community :: Screenshot

And by the way, Strusi is the best player i've ever developed...pure class!! :D

Keep it up Sam. It's actually a really nice layout you've got. It'll be hard trying to eclipse Bayern but I'm sure you'll get there in the end :)