King Sid

Reaction score
So in the January transfer window my chairman decided to sell my star striker to Wolves over my head. My job was going fine, we were in the play-offs in the Championship when we were expected to get relegated. So after my strikers gone we start slipping down the table due to not being able to score, as my other good one was injured.

Now the board are saying my job is in danger because I sold the fans favourite player and didn't get enough money for him and results have got worse. We're safe from relegation but I now have a very insecure job apparently.

How is this in anyway fair and is there a way to stop the board from selling players over your head?

Who was the striker?

A 20 year old regen called James Cook. Board sold him for £2.5mill when he's the best player in the Championship and had the potential according to my coaches to be a star in the Premiership. He'd been with me for 3 seasons and scored 74 goals in 111 appearances for me.

That sounds to be a bug-alike. They sold the player and now they're pretending you sold him lol.

Nice to know it was Wolves who picked him up.

Some of my friends experienced that as well. The board selling the star, and then clanting the manager for selling the favourite and not getting enough for him. It's a bug, no doubt. Hopefully SI is aware of it, and will fix it when the next patch is published.

No it's realistic ^ ^ . Board sells star player for cash, latter realize that it was a stupid decision => blame manager to avoid responsibility.

No it's realistic ^ ^ . Board sells star player for cash, latter realize that it was a stupid decision => blame manager to avoid responsibility.
That really sucks...but sadly that was my first thought too. And this is regardless of sport -- front office screws up mightily and blames the person doing the work on the field for not making it happen.

I just wish there was some way you could stop the board from doing this. Like maybe if there was an option in the boardroom to say "If you sell this player I'll walk out" or something along those lines. At least then you wouldn't be completely helpless.

On a slightly different note, why do interviewers never ask the reason for resigning from a club? They would do in real life but all I've had in my games so far is "Do you regret resigning from 'name of club'?

set really unrealistic prices for ur star players, u will never get a bid for them , and can probably keep them through their whole carrier