View attachment 165989

TRANSFER NEWS:

OUT:

View attachment 165988
Michal Kutlik - £100k to Stabaek

A huge loss to us, as Michal made it clear he wanted to play in Europe and wasn't keen on seeing if we could achieve that this year. I managed to get a good fee for our right back, who's been exceptional for us and the money brought in will definitely help the finances.

View attachment 165986
Lubislav Laura - £100k to Ross County

Another big blow to our title push, as Ross County made us an offer we couldn't refuse. With the board keen to sanction a move to Ujpest, I was delighted Ross County offered more than the £60k the Hungarian side, which again will be a boost to the current financial situation.

IN:

View attachment 165985
Ivan Loncar - Season loan from Dinamo

I've used our link with Dinamo to bring in highly rated youngster Ivan. He'll be a direct replacement for Michal Kutlik and has the potential to develop into a much better player. Hopefully despite his young age, he will perform as well as Michal did.

View attachment 165984
Adama Soumaoro - Free

Adama has the attributes to be a top player for us. Though things didn't work out for him at Lille, he has joined as one of our highest earners, I hope the risk is worth taking and with Ivan Hladik's loan coming to an end, we needed a replacement.

View attachment 165983

MAY 2017:

View attachment 165982
Another deal signed and another year in Slovakia for me. I'm enjoying it at Dolny Kubin and believe we have the making of a side that has potential, with the right additions in the summer, to challenge for the domestic league and cup. Hopefully we can achieve some European football at the end of this season, which will give me better options to bring into the football club.

INJURY NEWS:

View attachment 165981

FORTUNA LIGA:

View attachment 165980
What a fantastic first season in the top flight. Considering we were expected to fight relegation at the start of the season, we've surprised a number of people. Finishing second above the big powerhouse thats Slovan Bratislava is another brilliant achievement. We can now look forward to European football next season for the first time in our history.

View attachment 165978
It's a shame we had a slight wobble midway through the second half of the season, as a couple more positive results could've seen us win the title. That said, take nothing away from the squad as every player has performed very consistently this year and will be eager to continue this run of form next year.

SLOVNAFT CUP:

View attachment 165972
So close to winning our first ever trophy, as we were beaten on penalties by relegated Podbrezova in the final. We led twice, but conceded immediately from kick off on both
occasions and it was young talent Ivan Loncar who missed his penalty in sudden death.

Congrats on an incredible season! Unlucky in the cup final and with that injury though :/

View attachment 165969

END OF SEASON REVIEW 2016/17:

SQUAD OVERVIEW:

View attachment 165967
The squad performed very consistently in our first season in the Fortuna Liga. The challenge for most of the players will be, to see if they can continue it next season, especially now we have the Europa League to play in and look forward too.
​I only ended up using 22 players this year and with an extra competition to play in, I'll have to look to add more quality to the squad and hopefully the board will free up some transfers funds to allow me to strengthen in the summer.

AWARDS:

View attachment 165966
​Fans' Player of the Year goes to Matus Otruba, who continued his excellent form this year. It was close call between him and Andrew Kliment, who was instrumental in our midfield and scored some vital goals for us. The Young Player of the Year award also goes to Matus Otruba, as he sweeps up at the annual presentation award night. To make it a hat-trick of awards, Matus also signed a contract extension with the club, which will see him with us until 2020.

SEASON REVIEW:

View attachment 165964

TEAM OF THE YEAR:

View attachment 165963

TOP SCORER AWARD:

View attachment 165961
For his first season at the club and in Slovakia, Harry has done brilliantly to win the top goal scorer award. I'm sure he would've liked to have added to his tally and with another striker on my wishlist, he'll have more competition next season.

Congrats on an incredible season! Unlucky in the cup final and with that injury though :/

Thanks mate, yeah was gutted we couldn't win our first trophy and especially against a side who were relegated. That said, I'm delighted to have Europa League football next season, which should bring in some good money and allow me to strengthen and move onto the next level. Yeah the injury was a big blow to us and hampered us slightly, but we managed to stick together and finish the season on an high. :)