The Call of the Wild - An Intercontinental Adventure

Formia

Reaction score
pentagon.png

For a third year, I am attempting to conquer the Pentagon. If you don't know, this is winning the Champions League in each of the five main continents, starting unemployed with Sunday League reputation. The new season brings a whole host of new clubs waiting to be managed, and hopefully this could be my year. I will be updating soon with my exciting first step.

Last edited:
Havnt seen you around here in a while mate. I remember following this from FM10. Will look forward to this with anticipation :)

Chunnam Dragons

Transfer Budget: £475,000
Wage Budget: £33k
MartinGreenacreNews_Inbox-17.png

This is a better offer than I could have hoped for with Sunday League reputation, starting my career in the K League. I'm not sure how many places the league has, but hopefully we can qualify for the Asian Champions League this season.

K-LeagueOverview_Stages.png

The squad is slightly bare in certain areas, but our two best players are in attack, and they are two of the best in the league. Unfortunately Indio is only on loan, though.

IndioOverview_Profile.png

JavierReinaOverview_Profile.png

Havnt seen you around here in a while mate. I remember following this from FM10. Will look forward to this with anticipation :)

I did it on 11 but it took over 20 years to get them all. Got Asia, South Africa, North America, Europe and finally South America in that order.
Started on 12. Got a job with FCAK. Only in 2nd season but mid table in top league. Have my story going at the minute so just play it an odd time to take a break :)

How did you get that job on sunday league experience?! I remember Javier Reina on one of the old games, he was absolute quality, one of my favourite players!

How did you get that job on sunday league experience?! I remember Javier Reina on one of the old games, he was absolute quality, one of my favourite players!

For some reason, by not loading the N League, I was able to get a K League job. It does seem to be a flaw in the game, but at least I'm not stuck in South Africa. And so far, Reina has proven his quality, he has the most assists in the league.

For some reason, by not loading the N League, I was able to get a K League job. It does seem to be a flaw in the game, but at least I'm not stuck in South Africa. And so far, Reina has proven his quality, he has the most assists in the league.

He used to bang them in from range for me, I can't believe he hasn't made it to a higher level to be honest, he was brilliant about 4 or 5 versions ago of the game

I managed to bring in three new players during the window - the following two and a young midfielder on a free.

AlceuOverview_Profile.png

He comes in on a free transfer to fill our last foreign player spot, and playing 4-3-1-2 we desperately needed another midfielder.

KimYoung-HooOverview_Profile-1.png

A striker who came in for £240k, he has made a great impact so far, scoring twice on his debut.

ChunnamvSuwonInformation_Overview.png

My first match in charge. A dissapointing start, but our next nine matches saw some solid performances.

ChunnamDragonsFixtures_Fixtures.png

SeoulvChunnamInformation_Overview-1.png

Our best result so far was a win away to second placed Seoul.

SangjuvChunnamInformation_Overview.png

Another very good performance, this time Young-Hoo claimed a hat-trick.

ChunnamvJejuInformation_Overview.png

And then it was Indio's turn to bag a hat-trick, cementing his place as the league's top scorer.

K-LeagueOverview_Stages-2.png

This is where we stand ten matches into my reign - the win over Busan moved us above them into third, and we have already secured a play-off spot.

Last edited:
End of 2011 Season

PohangvChunnamInformation_Overview.png

We lost at home to the bottom team, but then went away to the top team and turned them over. We seem to do much better against the top teams, and get undone from corners against the bottom sides.

K-LeagueOverview_Stages-1.png

It was very tight at the top, but we threw away a two goal lead in our final match and ended in 5th. But we still had a chance in the play-offs.

BusanvChunnamInformation_Overview.png

Robbed two minutes from time in our first and only play-off match to knock us out. It's a cruel blow, but I'm looking forward to re-shaping the squad ready for next season.

K-LeagueStats_PlayerStats.png

Reina was the K League Player of the Season, and quite rightly so. But to be without Indio, the league's top scorer, next season when he returns to his parent club will be a big miss.

MartinGreenacreNews_Inbox-18.png

Our first team centre back will also be a miss, and the worst thing - we have to pay his wages.

On an unrelated note, does anybody know how you qualify for the Champions League in South Korea?