The Canaries Are Flying High - A Norwich City Story

AndrewLFC

Reaction score
View attachment 461890
Norwich City Appoint Brewer

Norwich City have appointed Bristolian Andrew Brewer on a 12-month rolling contract. The former Sunday League coach, 25, is believed to have turned down the vacant Crystal Palace job in favour of joining the East Anglian club. Norwich parted company with Chris Hughton last week following a spat he had with club captain Sebastian Bassong.

"I was delighted when I found out Norwich had accepted my job application even though I have had no professional experience until now" Brewer said, "It really is a dream come true and I hope I can make this historic club extremely successful in the near future."

When asked if he had any targets he wished to fulfil in the future, Andrew Brewer replied, "I think our squad is capable of qualifying for the Champions League by 2016. That may come as a shock to you, but I am not the only one who think this a possibility. I spoke to the team this morning about it and the vast majority think we have the quality to succeed our goals."

This is Andrew Brewer's first full time job in football and this appointment has certainly raised some eyebrows.

I am privileged to have a squad as talented as this in the Premier League. Before he left, Chris Hughton brought in some fantastic players like Leroy Fer and RvW. I think my best players are Sebastien Bassong, Leroy Fer and RvW. I am thinking about bringing in a young right-back as cover for Ricky Martin because the Canaries lack depth in that department and Whittaker is going to be put on the transfer list immediately. Has anybody got any suggestions for a good young right-back? I was thinking about Adam Henley from Blackburn. I have ?7m to spend. Also, David Fox will join Steven Whittaker on the transfer list.

I hope you will enjoy this story :). Please give me feedback because I want to improve!