Great story mate, KIU and it could be an all time favourite of mine.

skysports.jpg

Ian Holloway Names His First England Squad

Ian Holloway today named his first 26 man England squad for the friendly against Hungary in a week's time.

Holloway's first squad does include quite a few surprises as he takes iver in his first match as England manager must absently Frank Lampard has been left out of Holloway's squad.

Several players are being given the chance to win their first cap (caps correct to the FM11 default database) which include Sunderland right back Nedum Onuoha, Tottenham duo Michael Dawson and Tom Huddlestone. Other un-capped players include Gary Cahill,Kieran Gibbs, Jordan Henderson, Marc Albrighton, Jack Wilshere, Andy Carroll and Danny Wellbeck.

Theo Walcott has been handed an opportunity to redeem himself after being left out of former manager Fabio Capello's World Cup squad. The other player being given a "second chance" is West Brom keeper Scott Carson who has not played for England since that awful night at Wembley 2 years ago against Croatia where Carson let a Niko Krancjar 30 yarder slip through his hands and into the goal. Below is the squad list in full:

GOALKEEPERS

Joe Hart

Ben Foster

Scott Carson

DEFENDERS

Micah Richards

Nedum Onuoha

Phil Jagielka

Michael Dawson

John Terry

Gary Cahill

Ashley Cole

Leighton Baines

Kieran Gibbs

MIDFIELDERS

Tom Huddlestone

Gareth Barry

James Milner

Jordan Henderson

Ashley Young

Marc Albrighton

Theo Walcott

Steven Gerrard

Jack Wilshere

Adam Johnson

Stewart Downing

STRIKERS

Wayne Rooney

Andy Carroll

Danny Wellbeck

Last edited:
talksport_logo.jpg

New England Captains Named

In Ian Holloway's first press conference he said he would be changing captains in this new era of English football.

Ian Holloway said that the new captain would be tireless midfielder Gareth Barry, Holloway wanted someone who gave his all and commited to England and Barry seems to fit the bill perfectly.

460BarryMikeEgertonEMPICS.jpg

Holloway then went on to say that Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard would be vice-captain, as he could easily step up as captain if Barry is absent after impressing as captain when he stood in for Ferdinand at the World Cup.

StevenGerrardNew5.jpg

So far some England fans are criticising Ian Holloway for making Barry captain as many would have prefered Gerrard to take over the role and fans were very pleased with Gerrard's performances when he stood in for ex-captain Rio Ferdinand in the World Cup.

Last edited:
another good update mate, how far do you plan to take this story?

another good update mate, how far do you plan to take this story?

cheers mate definitely up to Euro 2012 and possibly up to World Cup 2018 depends on how many people follow this story

im following it, please make it a long story its great so far, however barry as captain? mmmmmm still i great player though

im following it, please make it a long story its great so far, however barry as captain? mmmmmm still i great player though

cheers mate i intend to take this story all through FM11 , as for Barry as captain he is going to be a key player for my England side and i'm just trying to make this story a bit different instead of someone like Terry, Gerrard,Ferdinand or someone like that as captain

cheers mate i intend to take this story all through FM11 , as for Barry as captain he is going to be a key player for my England side and i'm just trying to make this story a bit different instead of someone like Terry, Gerrard,Ferdinand or someone like that as captain

oh right, fair enough he is a great player should of played more for us in the past

be really different and get heskey back in the side ;D jokes good story

oh right, fair enough he is a great player should of played more for us in the past

be really different and get heskey back in the side ;D jokes good story

i am a big fan of Barry and haha Heskey has retired from international football

Just read through and this is going to be interesting! Following

Just read through and this is going to be interesting! Following

cheers mate next update tommorrow will be pre-match press conference and most likely team line-ups and post match review because i am probably not going to update on Christmas day

i would have gave the two blues centre halfs a go as they're probably around the same standard as onuoha and richards but great story absolutely loving it

i would have gave the two blues centre halfs a go as they're probably around the same standard as onuoha and richards but great story absolutely loving it

cheers mate sorry i just completely forgot about Scott Dann and Roger Johnson will most likely be in my next squad if any of my centre backs underperform

onuoha is amazing in Fm2011 at right back.
see what you mean about giving barry the captaincy.
good update:)

onuoha is amazing in Fm2011 at right back.
see what you mean about giving barry the captaincy.
good update:)

yer i heard about Onuoha and he has been in great form this season for Sunderland. Well at least someone agrees with me giving Gareth Barry the captains armband

For the captincy you should have chose someone different like a rodwell(and build a squad around him) or someone like Dawson/Scott Dann

For the captincy you should have chose someone different like a rodwell(and build a squad around him) or someone like Dawson/Scott Dann

i could off and as the story gets further on i mite well do that. My plan is to take this story to World Cup 2018 when Rodwell will be in his prime so definitely be captain in the future