Nomadic

Reaction score

Hello and Welcome to my FM16 Jorneyman Story. I will continue to progress with my other story on the site http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...tories/351293-rise-wales-carmarthen-town.html but have lost a bit of motivation due to the lack of domestic competition, so will be splitting my time between these 2 saves.

Meet Nomadic a young Samoan, whose dream is to lift the World Cup. Unfortunately, being an Islander in Samoa, where the national sport is rugby he has had little to no opportunities to kick start his career. It also doesn't help that he is 6'7" and weighs 19 stone!

View attachment 181655
View attachment 181649

Having given up on his dreams to become a professional player, he has decided to turn his attention to managing. However, as we all know starting a career in managing with no experience or qualifications is virtually impossible. So he has come up with a 6 stage plan, to work his way up the footballing ladder and eventually get his hands on that illustrious World Cup Trophy.

The Challenge

I will be starting the game unemployed, with no coaching qualifications (as you can see above) and can only take up the mantle with club's playing in there Nation's Capital. To make the challenge slightly more difficult/diverse i will have to progress 'block-by-block' and am only allowed to move up a block each time i have won the top domestic division and cup from one of the Nations in the previous block.​

BLOCK ONE: India, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia

BLOCK TWO: Ireland, Finland, Peru, South Africa, Australia and China

BLOCK THREE: Austria, Scotland, Sweden, USA, Argentina and South Korea

BLOCK FOUR: Portugal, Turkey, Holland, Mexico and Brazil

BLOCK FIVE: England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France

BLOCK SIX: National Side

So for example, before i can take a job in South Africa I must first conquer India, Hong Kong, Singapore or Malaysia first. As i progress through each block the level of football should increase, allowing me to improve my reputation and qualifications.

Rules:

- I can only manage
teams playing inside the Nation's Capital City

- If i get sacked by a club from a country, that Nation becomes locked and have to find a job in another Nation in that same block

- I do not need to win the League and Cup in the same year, it is cumulative but must be in same Nation.

- If i get offered a job that pays more money in the same block, i must accept it.

- Only time I can apply for jobs is when i am moving up a block or been sacked

Hopefully it all makes sense and hope you all enjoy the story
:)

Let me know if you can think of any additional Nations to add to any block, but feel these selections offer a good range from across the World, based on reputation.

Last edited:
Goo idea. I'm finnish so if you take HJK there isn't much competition cause they're biggest and richest team in Finland.

Goo idea. I'm finnish so if you take HJK there isn't much competition cause they're biggest and richest team in Finland.

Thanks mate.

I know, playing in the Capital City works well for some Nations but not others i guess. Will all depend on who offers me a job when the time comes!

Thanks mate.

I know, playing in the Capital City works well for some Nations but not others i guess. Will all depend on who offers me a job when the time comes!

I forge say there is another Veikkausliiga(finnish top tier) team from Helsinki. It's HIFK and this season are their just second season in Veikkausliiga

Looking good mate - the only issue is that there is no team from Australia's capital (Canberra) in the A-League. If you're ok with tweaking it a bit Canberra was chosen as Australia's capital city as a compromise between Melbourne and Sydney (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canberra) so maybe you could manage a side from either Melbourne or Sydney instead.

Come to think of it don't think Brazil's capital has a team that you can use in game, despite the massive stadium, Rio was the old capital though so you could take a team from their.

Looking forward to this

Last edited:
Looking good mate - the only issue is that there is no team from Australia's capital (Canberra) in the A-League. If you're ok with tweaking it a bit Canberra was chosen as Australia's capital city as a compromise between Melbourne and Sydney (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canberra) so maybe you could manage a side from either Melbourne or Sydney instead.

Ah thanks for the heads up mate, could of been sat for ages looking for a job offer! haha. I just saw this challenge online somewhere and thought it looked an interesting take on a journeyman career, but didn't really think teams not being present in the Capitals. So will just have to come up for alternatives in those scenarios.

Come to think of it don't think Brazil's capital has a team that you can use in game, despite the massive stadium, Rio was the old capital though so you could take a team from their.

Looking forward to this

Thanks mate. I really should of done a bit more research into available teams playing in the Nation's Capitals haha. Yeah Rio sounds a good alternative for Brazil!

11th October 2015 - The start of my Journey

I was surprised to receive a number of early job offers from both Finland and Malaysia. Unfortunately, Finland are in the block 2 and no clubs within Malaysia's Capital, Kuala Lumpur offered me a job.

View attachment 181279

As there is no recognised capital city as such in Singapore, I was able to accept an early offer from Balestier Khalsa, signing a 13.5 month contract with the club. Not many would call it the dream job, but is a stepping stone to launch my career.

View attachment 181277

We are currently sat 2nd from bottom with just 4 games remaining in the season and with no teams set to be relegated, I effectively have 4 matches to get a feel of the squad and the League, in preparation for next season.

View attachment 181276
View attachment 181275

The squad looks pretty average, with the exception of our 4 foreign players. From reading up on the League rules, i have determined that i am allowed to register 6 foreign players but am only allowed 4 in my match day squad. Some areas of the squad look as though they could do with strengthening, but is difficult to gauge until i see the standard of the League.

View attachment 181273

3 Best Players:

View attachment 181271

Emir Lotinac - A Serbian born right winger, who looks to be our stand out player. He currently has an average match rating of 7.75 in all competitions this season, showing his ability in an underachieving team.

View attachment 181270

Igor Cerina - A Croatian fullback, who can play right across the backline. He is naturally suited to playing RB and will be looking for him to establish a deadly combination with Lotinac.

View attachment 181269

Miroslav Kristic - Another Croatian born player, who can play as either a striker or AMC. He possesses a lot of flair and am sure he will love running at a low quality defensive line.

Season Round Up

View attachment 180735
View attachment 180734

So having joined Balestier with only 4 games remaining in the season, there was little i could do to change the teams fortunes this season, finishing in a lowly 8th place.

I have been doing a bit of tinkering with my tactics and formations in the 4 games, as I tried to assess my squad of players. We failed to score in my opening 3 matches, before cruising to victory over bottom place. Hopefully the board will give me some pocket money next season and will be looking to cut a number of players deemed surplus to requirements, in order to free up some money.

View attachment 180733

The board have also agreed to fund me through my first coaching qualification, which will be an essential requirement when landing a future job at a more reputable club.

View attachment 180732

The end of season awards, gave me a good opportunity to look at our best players from this season. it was also interesting to see a very different formation to the one i have started develop.

View attachment 180727

My victory over Harimau Muda was deemed to be the match of the season, despite only managing 4 matches. The bookies feel we have the ability to finish mid-table, so with the right additions we could be pushing around of the top of the table next season. Although is probably a bi to early to consider ourselves title contenders.

Good effort to finish off the campaign, I'm sure you'll be right up there next season!

You should have an easy enough time in Ireland if you find your way there, with Shamrock Rovers or Bohemians in the top division or in the first division with Cabinteely, Shelbourne and UCD

Good effort to finish off the campaign, I'm sure you'll be right up there next season!

Thanks mate.

Yeah, with the right additions I feel as though i could be in with a shout.

You should have an easy enough time in Ireland if you find your way there, with Shamrock Rovers or Bohemians in the top division or in the first division with Cabinteely, Shelbourne and UCD

Hopefully one will take a punt on me when the time comes :)

This challenge does have potential to be easy if i can land the right jobs, but have a feeling things wont go quite to plan! haha

Season Preview

View attachment 179975

So the competitions i need to win in order to progress to the 2nd block are the the League and the Singapore Cup. The board haven't really set me difficult objectives as they would really settle for a mid-table finish in the League, which should be achievable.

So the bookies don't really consider us to be a main title contender, but could potentially be a dark horse. Would be worth a small stake, no doubts.

View attachment 179974

I managed to offload a number of players, that i didn't consider good enough, and freed up some wage budget to spend on better quality. We made decent money off the sale of Cmajcanin, and was able to bring in another foreign replacement, of arguably higher standard, who can be seen below

View attachment 179972

Ben Litfin - A young Aussie central midfielder with the potential to develop further. He will be our key man in midfield and will be hoping for a big season from him.

View attachment 179970

February

View attachment 179909
View attachment 179907

A busy opening month to the season, sees us move up to 2nd in the table. The congested fixtures, really took it's toll on the players and forced me to make regular changes between matches which wasn't ideal. Despite this slight inconvenience, we have started the season really well and despite it being very early days, a potential title challenge could be on the cards...

View attachment 179912
View attachment 179910

Zallan scored an absolute screamer in our 1-0 victory over Harimau and deservedly picks up goal of the month. Right winger, Lotinac also makes it into Team of the Month.

View attachment 179906

I have already set a new undefeated record for Balestier, which eventually reached 7 before the defeat against Hougang.

View attachment 179905

A much quieter month to look forward to in March, which should allow me to field a full strength team for each match, barring any injuries.

March

View attachment 179615
View attachment 179614

A 100% win record in March, opens up a 2 point gap at the top of the table. We are now a 1/3 of the way through the season and the possibility of winning the League is starting to look like a massive possibility. Tampines were the favourites to win the League and after defeating them 2-0 away, our confidence is starting to grow.

View attachment 179613

The Singapore Cup preliminary round has been drawn and puts us up against an unknown team to me in the lower divisions. I cant see us not progressing here, and going through to the Quarter Finals.

View attachment 179612

4 Games to look forward to in April, as we look to extend our lead at the top of the table.