The Car Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 8K

Steve*

Y.N.W.A.
Reaction score
Had a quick look around but didnt see a similar thread. Basically im looking for a new car and unsure what to go for. My budget stretches to 13,000 Euro and my car as a trade in.(02 Seat Ibiza Sport) so thats about 15K i can play with. Just looking for suggestions and any tips.

Heres my top choices so far:
Focus
View attachment 169649

Leon
View attachment 169648

Renault Megane Coupe
View attachment 169650

If i get any answers thats great but also feel free to say what you drive and what your favourite cars are :)

nice vehicles there buddy :) I would suggest the: cars in South Africa are farking expensive, you guys are lucky there! extremely cheap in comparison to here.. for exammple, the Renault Megane Coupe is R396 990 here (standard) that is equivalent to £36 090

Volvo C30:
C30-T5-1.jpg

Hyndai Sonata: (super sexy vehicle, took it for a test drive, feels like a Merc/Jag and looks like one too) not sure the price there
sacarfan-hyundai-sonata-20t-1.jpg

nice vehicles there buddy :) I would suggest the: cars in South Africa are farking expensive, you guys are lucky there! extremely cheap in comparison to here.. for exammple, the Renault Megane Coupe is R396 990 here (standard) that is equivalent to £36 090

Volvo C30:
C30-T5-1.jpg

Hyndai Sonata: (super sexy vehicle, took it for a test drive, feels like a Merc/Jag and looks like one too) not sure the price there
sacarfan-hyundai-sonata-20t-1.jpg

Oh my God,£36k for a megane? Im irish so cars tend to be a bit cheaper than Britain even. All 3 cars i listed are between 12k and 16k maximum. I could get a loan but rather go straight in this economy lately.
I like the Sonata. Bit plush for me yet :)

Oh and Niall,i wouldnt be caught dead in a Prius. :P

Anyway heres my favourite car:
View attachment 169673
A 78 911 turbo. My old man has one and its the mutts nuts :)

Im learning to drive right now, but ive got a little Ford Ka. Its actually a great little car. It has almost no weight, so its like a go-kart lol.

yeah I know, its farking redonculous! I was looking to get my lady a Hyndai IX35:
c9a0363c3b16493a9973ecf5422efc7d.jpg

it is R289 000 here for the top of the range model, thats equivalent to £25 803!

your dads vehicle is farking sexy!

It's all about you,are you speed demon or normal driver
if you speed demon you better choose Leon/Megane(considering Leon win Wtcc 4/3 times)
if you normal driver you better choose Focus,classy and elegant
Btw how about Ford Fiesta,simple,mini size,but stylish
almost buy Fiesta before my parents finally buy me a Suzuki Swift :P
ps: Prius is good,huh(especially the new one)
and your dad was cool

A Renalt Clio :)

Personally from the 3 cars in the OP id go with the Leon but in blue.

It's all about you,are you speed demon or normal driver
if you speed demon you better choose Leon/Megane(considering Leon win Wtcc 4/3 times)
if you normal driver you better choose Focus,classy and elegant
Btw how about Ford Fiesta,simple,mini size,but stylish
almost buy Fiesta before my parents finally buy me a Suzuki Swift :P
ps: Prius is good,huh(especially the new one)
and your dad was cool

Or just get a Focus ST.

That Hyundai is nice Raikan. :)

@ Blank 27: i used to be a speed demon but have calmed down in the last few years. Just looking for something a little bigger than what i have and has to be 4 door. I find Ford are the most expensive for new parts and the Renaults and Seat havnt the best electronics.
Im edging away from the Megane and its close call between Focus and Leon. Btw, dad still has the 911 but thinking of selling it for another restoration project. hes thinking maybe a Ferrari 348ts or a Dino.

Chaz that drop top is savage :) Personally i prefer the 427 boss but cant go wrong with any vintage mustang :)

Im not resigning myself to a Focus or Megane. Any other suggestions for the 15k mark? Has to be new from dealer as dont want to go second hand. :)

after considering what you say,i think you should buy Focus,elegant and simple
btw the pic you post on Focus is the concept right?the real one is more sportier
Leon is good,just not sure
but some things you have too think after buy a car:
1.Aftersales
2.Dealers,Service,and Spareparts
3.how long you want to use the car
4.The Value(if you want to sell the car after 3-5 years)
ps:if your Dad really want to do another restoration,i vote for 348, :wub: that sexy car

VW Polo :wub: my dad got his 2nd hand for 1k

jesus, in South Africa, the only thing I can get for 1k (R11 000) are 3 new BMW wheels for my brother in law's Merc CLK 320! ****, a 2nd hand VW golf here would be around 11k depending in the year, even 16k!

think I should come over and buy a car then bring it back on a ship :)

jesus, in South Africa, the only thing I can get for 1k (R11 000) are 3 new BMW wheels for my brother in law's Merc CLK 320! ****, a 2nd hand VW golf here would be around 11k depending in the year, even 16k!

think I should come over and buy a car then bring it back on a ship :)

why so expensive :S thats about same price as a new one :O unless new ones are more expensive as well there :S
quite a lot of cars about 10 years old are under £1000 here. only postitive with used cars staying expensive there is at least you wont lose as much money :)

it just is mate :) even though we have some of the biggest manufacturing plants in the world, VW and Toyota are really big here! still so expensive....

Ford Focus: ST (£28 090k)
Ford South Africa | Focus ST

it just is mate :) even though we have some of the biggest manufacturing plants in the world, VW and Toyota are really big here! still so expensive....

Ford Focus: ST (£28 090k)
Ford South Africa | Focus ST

If you were looking at importing a new car buy one in Ireland. They are even cheaper base price before a Vehicle Registration Tax(VRT) which you wouldnt pay if exporting it. About 10-15% cheaper than british base prices.

Back