Status
Not open for further replies.

Mawerr

Reaction score
skysports_logo.jpg

First Job In Management : Stockport County

Alex Mawer was announced as the new Stockport county manager today, he is a relative newcomer to football and this is his first job in full-time management. Previously Mawer has worked as a coach at local rivals Oldham Athletic, he was working under John Sheridan and left Oldham in the summer. Sheridan was sacked in March but Mawer stayed on with Joe Royle, who didn't enjoy a successful spell when he only won one game. Stockport are working on a tight budget and only just had enough money to hire Mawer. Stockport were unable to hire an experienced manager as people like Jim Gannon were not prepared to drop their wages so low, but Stockport chairman Jim Melrose said that Mawer was the perfect man for the job and with his connections with Oldham he might be able to get some players in on loan deals or permanent signings. Mawer has been given a transfer budget of £0 but that could all change when Stockport are taken over by the 2012 consortium in a few weeks time. More updates to come in the very near future ....

Stockport Announce New Kits

Stockport have announced that they are bringing out two new kits for the 2010/2011 campaign. The have also announced that they have acquired a new sponsor -'Facebook' who will sponsor the shirts for the next three years.

Pre-Season Results

Glasgow Uni' 0 - 1 Stockport

Ebbsfleet 0 - 0 Stockport

Distillery 1 - 2 Stockport

Elgin 1 - 1 Stockport

Stockport 1 - 0 Luton

Stockport 1 - 6 Sunderland

Altrincham 0 - 0 Stockport

attachment.php

Monthly Review - August

Stockport have had a very good month in all, they have made some good progress in moving up the league and also signed a couple of loan players. Paul Black and Dale Stephens have joined the club from Oldham Athletic on season-long loans. Tope Obadeyi and Jordan cook have also signed for the blues from premier league clubs. The club find themselves 6th in league (shown in the table above) with 3 wins and 2 draws and they haven't lost a game yet. The Hatters also reached the second round of the league cup where in the first round they beat Hartlepool on penalties but crashed out in the second round to Championship club Burnley. The chairman of the football club is said to be happy with progress, although off the field the takeover of the club seems to be taking a while.

my advice would be when you post your games in your month update do it all in one post members like it that way but good start so far.

my advice would be when you post your games in your month update do it all in one post members like it that way but good start so far.

Yeah i see what you mean, i'll start after september, cheers for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.