Reaction score
Hi fellow fm2012 players please read and enjoy my story of my career as a football manager. Starting my career at the end of the 2011-12 season.

The ambition to be the most successful manager and win as many trophies as i can......

View attachment 260396

After Finishing 17th in the 2011-12 season. Newcastle United Sacked Alan Pardew and I saw this as a ambitious but great way to start my football life. I applied for the job and was shocked when i was offered a two year deal. I signed frantically and couldn't believe that i was a premier league manager.

The squad i inherited had plenty of potential and with the right tactics i believed i could have this team challenging for the European places within 12 months. The hard work started now.

View attachment 260398

Turning up at Darsley Park (Newcastle's Training Ground) i looked around the facilities and decided that i needed to get some backroom staff in that had my philosophy of football.

Andrew Cole - First Team Coach - Former Newcastle Player and great inspiration for the players.
View attachment 260399

Ray Clemence - Goalkeeping Coach - Great Proven Goalkeeping Coach who would surely make Tim Krul a great Goalkeeper.
View attachment 260400

Terry McDermott - Assistant Manager - Terry is Newcastle through and through and bringing him back to the club would surely help the fans realise that i have the club's interest at heart.
View attachment 260401

Gary Lewin - Physio - Simply the best physio in Europe for me. Hopefully able to keep my injuries down to a minimum
View attachment 260402

Looking at the squad i knew that there will need to be some faces coming and going to help me with my goal of European football, i also had to sort out a pre-season friendly schedule.......... more to follow.......

After putting a friendly schedule together and wheeling and dealing in the transfer market. This is how my pre-season unfolded
Transfers In
Cheik M'Bengue Toulouse £5.75 Million
Sebastien Bassong Tottenham £2.3 Million
William Gallas Tottenham £475,000
Jose Bosingwa Chelsea Free Transfer
Charlie Adam Liverpool Loan
Yossi Benayoun Chelsea Loan
Marouane Chamakh Arsenal Loan
Esteban Granero Real Madrid Loan
Felipe Melo Juventus Loan

Transfers Out
Danny Guthrie Blackpool £2.5 Million
Gabriel Obertan Southampton £2.2 Million
Shola Ameobi Birmingham City £2 Million
Mike Williamson Southampton £2 Million
Dan Gosling Derby County £1.9 Million
Danny Simpson Southampton £1.5 Million
Ryan Taylor Fulham £1.5 Million
Leon Best Bristol City £1.3 Million
Tomas Kadar/Peter Lovenkrands and Alan Smith Released

PRE-SEASON RESULTS

Hoffenheim 5-2 Newcastle United(Chamakh x2)

Barnsley 1-3 Newcastle United (Chamakh x3)

Newcastle United 4-0 F.C. Porto (Benayoun, Ba, Gosling & M'Bengue)

Carlisle United 0-1 Newcastle United (Ba)

A.C. Milan 2-2 Newcastle United (Granero & P.Cisse)

Newcastle United 2-1 Red Bull Salzburg (Vuckic & Marveaux)

Newcastle United
1-1 At. Madrid (P.Cisse)

Crusaders 1-5 Newcastle United (Ba, Cisse, Chamakh & Coloccini x2)

Pre Season Review

I am happy with how pre-season went, The additions i have made to the squad look great and the squad looks strong in quality and in depth. The friendlies i arranged went great and now both myself and the squad are raring to go and have a good season.

August results and review next.........​