The Career Of Stephen Marshall...

Marshy

Reaction score
I have began a Journeyman career. My reputation is at the automatic setting. I have put on something like 23 Leagues from 13 Nations.

I will accept the first job that is offered to me and begin my career from there. I have done a Journeyman career before but by the time I actually wanted to start writing about it, I was already into my second season.

Anyway, I like to wait until all the jobs at the available at the start of the game are filled before searching for a job. That way, it's likely that the manager was sacked and it will leave me with more of a challenge.

As I am writing this, I am entering August. I will update it further when I finally leave the unemployed category.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 2nd September:
Stephen Marshall is offered the managerial position at Union Royale Namur of the Belgian Second League.

Only one game into the season, Marshall has arrived at a brilliant time so he is given enough time to make an impact and has nearly a full season for his managerial stylings to come into effect.

I am given a transfer budget of £36,500 and a wage budget of £10k p/w. Not too shabby.

After seeing my media prediction of 19th, I expected the worst when looking at the team. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw how highly rated my squad was. Marshall's first aim was to tighten up his backroom staff. He faced a stumbling block however, when his assistant manager, Kurt Jacobs, refused to agree to a mutual termination for anything less than £100k.

Marshall's hopes of improving his backroom staff were once again dashed when he saw that the club already had 4 coaches employed and the board were not allowing another to join the club.

UR Namur today released a statement regarding the future of coach Youssef Palm's future; "UR Namur and Youssef Palm have come to the agreement of a mutual termination of Palm's contract. Palm served the club well in the two months he spent here and we wish him all the best on his future endeavours.

Later that day, Marshall's decision to accept the job at UR Namur was questionned in relation to the fact that Marshall does not speak a word of French. When asked whether this would have a negative effect, he replied;
"I don't have an opinion one way or the other." Before adding; "So know your role and shut your mouth!"

After only one day at the club, Marshall would be thrown straight into the deep end with a Second League match against Olympic Charleroi.

However, in the one day spent at the club, Marshall was very impressed with what he saw. Charleroi as a parent club and a fine team. An impressive transfer and wage budget not to mention the 3,500 capacity stadium.

UR Namur have come to terms on the mutual termination of goalkeeping coach Damien Pierrard's contract. We wish him the best in his future endeavours.

Will update after the months fixtures.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hold on, I may have just found a fatal flaw in this team. WE HAVE NO CENTRE BACKS!??

Last edited:
were u applying for jobs or we u waiting 4 one 2 b actually offered.

I went on holiday and had the settings at apply for all managerial vacancies and return when a job is offered.

cool, i personally like to start as a top 4 team in a **** foreign league and make it to the big time like that, lower league teams annoy me too much

This really is an odd team. 5 first team goalkeepers and two first team centre backs (Both injured)
The board's minimum expectation is to avoid relegation but after looking at the team, I think I can do better.

September Results:

Olympic Charleroi 2 -0 UR Namur - Missing several defenders but this result gives me an insight of how tough this is going to be. Not liking that you're only allowed four substitutes but I'm sure I'll adapt. It's going to take a lot of tactical tweaking before I get this right. We were outplayed but we perhaps deserved a goal and the clean sheet flatters Olympic Charleroi a little.

Over the last two days, Stephen Marshall has begun his "revolution" at UR Namur and brought in fitness coach, Bart Gilis and coach, Mario Novoselac. These two coaches brought in at a time when Marshall is said to be pushing his players to their physical limits in order to get the best out of them all and to see who should be in his first team. Following the defeat to Olympic Charleroi, Marshall was quoted to have said; "There is a lot of work to be done" And players and staff at the club have told us that he is working himself extremely hard, as well as the players,in order to work out the tactics required to help UR Namur push for promotion.

Stephen Marshall has today confirmed the signings of centre backs, Joel Kiki (22) and Mike Vermolen (24). Both players were seeking a club and Marshall has brought them in, hoping that they will bolster his defence which is lacking stability.

UR Namur 4 - 1 Sint Truiden
- Apparently my tactics are working. We definitely got lucky seeing as our first two goals were penalties courtesy of Rachid Benayen. We added two more goals both in injury time. A result that I am delighted with, we were expected to lose and we came out and gave a fantastic performance.

Antwerp 3 - 0 UR Namur - Didn't see this coming. Considering I had just thrashed a title challenging team, I would've expected to beat this side as well. That's just football though. Manchester United's feeder club dominated me all thanks to Fabio.

UR Namur 2 - 0 OH Leuven
- I'm really starting to think that we can get a playoff place no problem here. I know I've played 4 won 2, lost 2, but I think I've got a good squad and I'm using the Tylerbode tactic which seems to be working. Hopefully we can become a little bit more consistent and we should do well this season.

Virton 3 - 1 UR Namur - Maybe forget what I just said. We deserved to lose this one. We lost Kiki in our last match and maybe we're feeling the effects already.
______________________________________________________________-

End Of The Month:
First month in charge hasn't been too bad. Played 5, won 2, lost 3. I see potential in the team and I'm hoping that we can make a real push for the playoffs this season. Perhaps the biggest cause for concern at the moment is the wage budget. £600 p/w over it at the moment so next month I'll try and reduce it.