apvmoreira

Reaction score
Scrolling across the forum, i see one common thing: Players cant put to work the tatics that they used before 12.1.1.

Instead of asking why (match engine, maybe, dunno, dont care), i would like to discuss what people have done to turn things better, what they have done to stay 1st on the league, to have more than 60% of ball possession and all other things.

Maybe we could find a way, all working together, to make things work and create a bridge between the 2 patches. All the work made until 12.0.4 would be good to use again and the comunity would apreciate it, think.

Cheers

Well, it's not as bad as some people would have you believe. I'm sure 70% of the unsuccessful tactics in the transition between the patches is because of the reworked corner system. As always, too many tactics rely almost solely on goals from corners to have any success beyond the mediocre, and it's good that SI are doing something about it.

But then again, I play tactics that are designed to win, not tactics that are especially designed to pass the ball between defenders/mcs X amount of times before actually doing something productive with the ball, so I can't really comment on those.

Here, I am talking about those tactics that now are struggling.

The thing is, it was not the tactics working in 12.0.x, but the extraordinary result was down to 3 major ME flaws that now in 12.1 have been corrected. Those flaws where..

1.) the human scored much, much more from set pieces.

2.) the AI never learned their backup tactics in the matchprep

3.) morale either went really high or really low

This meant that once you got onto à good start, raising the morale to superb in pre-season, you where mord likely to score the first goal. And as the human scored more from set pieces , one was even more likely to score that goal.
Now , when the AI was one or Two goals down, the went with their backup tactics, either more attacking or more defensiv. But ad they due to this bug in the match engine never learnt them, they used à tactic totally akward to the team , making the human score even more goals .

This created à circle where it meant the human for the NeXT match where again more likely to score the first goal due to high morale etc .

I actually won 20 matches in à row using the standard default settings with.....FULHAM.

Last edited:

The thing is, it was not the tactics working in 12.0.x, but the extraordinary result was down to 3 major ME flaws that now in 12.1 have been corrected. Those flaws where..

This meant that once you got onto à good start, raising the morale to superb in pre-season, you where mord likely to score the first goal. And as the human scored more from set pieces , one was even more likely to score that goal.
Now , when the AI was one or Two goals down, the went with their backup tactics, either more attacking or more defensiv. But ad they due to this bug in the match engine never learnt them, they used à tactic totally akward to the team , making the human score even more goals .

This created à circle where it meant the human for the NeXT match where again more likely to score the first goal due to high morale etc .

I actually won 20 matches in à row using the standard default settings with.....FULHAM.

TBH: As always when you explain, it sounds logical. And im sure this is the big difference between the tactics from 12.0.4 and 12.1.1. But can you also explain why the M.E. has totally forgotten about classic wingplay? Isn´t this also a flaw in the engine? The way wideplayers on a crossing position act is just madness. Either they wait to hit the cross til they are closed down or they cross the ball to all the wrong places. Most often they can´t even get to crossing opportunities although they've got all the required attributes as acceleration, first touch, dribbling crossing, technique etc...

HTML:
TBH: As always when you explain, it sounds logical. And im sure this is the big difference between the tactics from 12.0.4 and 12.1.1. But can you also explain why the M.E. has totally forgotten about classic wingplay? Isn´t this also a flaw in the engine? The way wideplayers on a crossing position act is just madness. Either they wait to hit the cross til they are closed down or they cross the ball to all the wrong places. Most often they can´t even get to crossing opportunities although they've got all the required attributes as acceleration, first touch, dribbling crossing, technique etc...

I actually dont see this problem with MR/L wingers, not when looking at à whole match. The key is to let them cross much more than dribble to beat his man. My wingers put in at lesst 10 crosses each every match. Obviously, they need to play à more direct game.

and here was me thinking i was a tactical genius with kilmarnock useing default tactics finnishing 2nd ahha.
Im crushed..

So, if it is just the set pieces, it means that the tatic is not important? What is then? Players? Team talk? Motivation?

So, if it is just the set pieces, it means that the tatic is not important? What is then? Players? Team talk? Motivation?

You need to read what I wrote again an this time also read between the lines :).
In the previous patch, it WAS enough to have à tactic that was defensivly stable enough to get the first goal by either attacking movements, ser pieces or à closing down system that the players followed( due to high morale). Also, if getting one goal behind, the human often pulled back due to high morale AND the fact the AI went to its akward defensive backup tactic.

In the current patch, things are as they should be in terms Of the human and the AI competing in equal terms. I have no problem outplaying the AI tactically by just using some ingame shouts and change to/from counter/control. More/less Width, keep the ball/get it forward into space etc .

You need to read what I wrote again an this time also read between the lines
Amateur here :D

In the current patch, things are as they should be in terms Of the human and the AI competing in equal terms. I have no problem outplaying the AI tactically by just using some ingame shouts and change to/from counter/control. More/less Width, keep the ball/get it forward into space etc .

For what i get from these lines i think that:

The tatic can be the same
Dont rely on the corner cheat
Shouts, as some people say, dont break the tatic, instead help improving

Resuming, its possible to use the tatics, but 12.1.1 is a "filter" of the so called good ones in 12.0.4, and also a filter on who can tweak to survive?

Seems to damm simple, but i agree :D