The Changing Face Of Football

maybe copy the page into the OP, will probs get more people to read it and may get a discussion going

I read it and found it slightly interesting. Myself being a Portsmouth fan haven't really seen a negative impact on football fans. OK I'm only 21 and went for a few seasons straight but now being in Plymouth I go when I can.

In my opinion it is still a fantastic day out. I go with my dad, we meet old school friends before the match have a pint or two and then go and watch the match. The atmosphere is always electric and I love being a Portsmouth fan.

That being said the atmosphere at the bigger grounds disappoints me. I went to Old Trafford in the FA Cup in 2008 and 3,500 Pompey fans outsung the 65000 odd Man U fans. I loved it but was disappointed in their support. Then at Wembley last year in the Cup Final, the Chelsea fans barely sang and the Portsmouth fans were still there applauding our team AFTER the winner's presentation when all the Chelsea fans had left. This is what annoys me.

Playing in the Championship this year has been a breath of fresh air, the fans are much better and actually support their teams. While football in the upper echelons may be on the downward spiral I think that football in the nPower Leagues is still going strong and we have to hope that money doesn't ruin it as well.

Seeing as I am quite new to the forum perhaps one of the mods will move it later on to its best location(H)