Kriztofa

Reaction score
I ended up losing my old Leeds Story that I was doing, no idea how, just wouldn't load up! Argh! I've decided to try my hand at another Leeds story, this time with a little twist - hopefully you'll enjoy it :)

Back to where they belong!

Leeds%20United%20Icon.png

Tonight saw the end of the reign of Leeds Manager Simon Grayson. The Yorkshire Evening Post reported the resignation of Grayson due to the fact that he was arrested for a drunken brawl within the nearby pub of the "Old Peacock". Police Inspector Steven Jackson stated that; "Mr. Grayson assaulted two youths outside of the pub, it is suspected that the youths insulted himself and his wife, the victims received head injuries and another received a gashed arm."

0,,10273~5414354,00.jpg

Leeds Chairman Ken Bates was quick to get the season underway and shortly after the arrest of Grayson, his contract was terminated and another manager is looking to be appointed. The bookies are tipping Rangers favourite Ally McCoist to leave the Glasgow Giants to take the role at Elland Road, however Alan Curbishley and David Batty could all receive the nod.

The Likely Candidates

mccoist-2007-1.jpg
33849_news.jpg
3325499789_a2127afd9c_m.jpg

- Hope you enjoy it! :) Oh, and also - I've pm'ed an admin to close my other one.

I will follow this seen as though I follow Leeds sometimes e.g results ect.

skyt.png

Breaking News!

Leeds Chairman Ken Bates appears to have gotten Leeds' fans drooling due to his apparent capture of Rangers prolific goal scorer Ally McCoist, earlier this week after the termination of Simon Grayson's contract, BetFair.com reported that the current Rangers Assistant Manager, McCoist, could be joining Leeds United as the Manager. Walter Smith had tipped Ally to replace him as the manager of Rangers, however it appears that despite Smith's predictions, they won't be coming true as McCoist has indeed flown down to Leeds in order to reportedly sign a contract to become the new manager of Leeds.

"We've heard tons about the manager situation but we really want it to speed up, Ally will definitely be a great influence to myself and the other lads around the camp at the moment. Obviously it'd be great for him to become the Manager here at Leeds." stated Leeds favourite, Jermaine Beckford.

jermaine-beckford__1116295c.jpg

A deal still hasn't been finalised between Bates and McCoist but it indeed looks as though BetFair's predictions could definitely be correct.

mccoist1305_468x455.jpg
Leeds_United_Elland_Road_view_781769.jpg

Last edited:
Good start mate
Couldn't have gone with Booby Lennox or Henrik Larsson though? :D

Definitely not! :p

Who's Larsson at these days anyhow?

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

bbcj.png

McCoist Contract Talk Dies Down

Contract talk between McCoist and Bates have died down after McCoist asked if Bates was blind. Comedy genius McCoist asked the Leeds Chairman if he knew that the contract said on it; "£20 p/w." Immediately, Bates flew into a rage with the Scot and McCoist was sent packing back to Glasgow and back to his Assistant Manager role at Rangers. The Evening Post attempted to ask Bates about the reported bust-up but he slapped the camera and microphone away.

Ken_Bates_550495a.jpg

"I'm deeply disappointed that Mr. Bates mis-understood what I meant by what I said, I definitely meant no offence towards him but frankly if he's too far up his own behind to believe even he can make mistakes then I wouldn't enjoy working with him or anybody to do with him, I wish Leeds well in the future." McCoist was unavailable for any further comment and it appears that the market is still wide open for a new manager to come into Leeds.

_45453106_ally_mccoist_512.jpg

The Evening Post caught up with vice captain Jonny Howson afterwards: "I honestly don't know what the **** happened, I really wanted McCoist to join Leeds as the gaffer and I really think he could motivate us and put together a fantastic team. I hope that things can swiftly move over and something can get sorted out quickly."

0,,10273~5372248,00.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Comments are greatly appreciated guys! :)

waccoe.png

User: Kriztofa

"Hey guys, just got back from Leeds/Bradford Airport from my holiday in Lanzerote, had a fantastic time by the way :)

But yeah, I thought I'd mention something to you guys. I saw Lucas Radebe stood in the WHSmiths! ****** ****, maybe he's coming back to manage Leeds? ;) I got a picture! Doubt it, but anyway, thought I'd let you guys know haha!"

lucas-radebe-with-jabulani.JPG

User: ben_parker - USER BANNED

"sure u have lol. i was in leeds bradford yday and i didnt see him

User: Ste1234

"seriously? maybe he cud be joining leeds as a manager :S"

...please scroll down...

- Thought I'd give it a little twist. :)

I like the twists and turns :D
And Larsson is now managing a swedish team called Landskrona or something and he says he'd love to return to Celtic one day.
Maybe afterNiel Lennon retires after winning the Champions League for the 5th time in a row Larsson will take over :p

I like the twists and turns :D
And Larsson is now managing a swedish team called Landskrona or something and he says he'd love to return to Celtic one day.
Maybe afterNiel Lennon retires after winning the Champions League for the 5th time in a row Larsson will take over :p

Hopefully not! :p Thanks for the feedback, always appreciated. Despite being a Rangers fan, can't deny that Larsson was a legend. Just a shame the 'Gers never landed him... well, when I invent that time machine... ;) I'm following your story by the way, interesting twist!

Will Leeds ever get a manager ?

Hopefully...

leedsu.png

Taking the Reigns

Leeds have been the subject of immense speculation as to who exactly their new manager will be, after the failings between Bates and McCoist there had been rumours of a return for Batty or a new chapter in Curbishley's career, but those were quickly put to dust at the comments of Bates."

"David and Alan are fantastic people, but I don't want to fork out that amount of m- I mean, I just can't see them managing Leeds in the future and taking the club to the highest of the high. Definitely myself and I'm sure the fans want somebody who they believe capable of satisfying the massive club desire."

skyt.png

BREAKING NEWS!

A press conference is being held at Elland Road as Ken Bates announces who will be taking the reigns at Leeds United. We go there live now.

_44421140_ken_bates_getty203.jpg

"Mr Bates, you've called a press conference here to announce the new manager at Leeds, yes?

"Yep, I most certainly have."

"Reports are linking everybody to the job, is there any concrete evidence on any of these rumours?

"I know there's a rumour of Lucas Radebe joining the club and there definitely could be some truth within that."

"Does that mean that Lucas himself will be the new Manager of Leeds United?"

"Until the person in question arrives, I can't divulge any more information."

The door opened at the press conference, immediately, cameras began flashing at both Mr. Bates and the unknown person entering the room.

image065.jpg

None other than former Captain Gary Kelly had walked through the door, only to shake hands with Mr. Bates and to sit himself down to the chair of the press conference.

"Gary, I'm assuming you're announcing that you will become the new manager at Leeds United, correct?"

"That's correct, yes."

"The reports had linked your close friend Lucas Radebe to the job, why hadn't he got the nod over you?"

"Well, currently, Mr. Bates thought I was the right man for the job and I believe I can take this club back to the level that I played at, I'm a total fan of Leeds United and I understand the pressures of former managers. I've lived the highs and lows here and I believe I'll hopefully, do the fans proud."

"Ken, you implied that Lucas would play a part here at Leeds, what exactly is his part?"

"Well, we're currently looking at Lucas to take an assistant manager role besides Gary."

- Hope you liked the twist guys! I'll post up transfers and pre-season results tomorrow, I think I'm done for my introduction now haha!

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

bbcj.png

Leeds Announce New Kits!

th_leedshome.png
th_leedsaway.png
th_leedsthird.png

* Credit goes to andymcg44 for these awesome kits!

New Leeds manager Gary Kelly took no time making his mark upon Elland Road when he announced the new shirts being modelled by vice club captain Jonny Howson and Jermaine Beckford. "The kits look fantastic and I'd like to thank everyone who had a part to play in making them, it goes back to the old look especially - the Admiral and Thistle Hotels combination was fantastic and Leeds had their main success with this combination.

leedsu.png

Leeds Transfer Rumours

Richard_Naylor_280x_958378a.jpg

The main rumours being circulated from inside the camp is that a large number of players could be on their way out, Richard Naylor has been stripped of his captaincy - Kelly was claimed as saying; "Richard hopefully won't be leaving, but I think we need a club captain who the players can look up to more highly than him." Due to this, it's on the cards that he could be leaving.

Casper Ankergren, Shane Higgs, Tresor Kandol, Mike Grella, Andy Hughes and Andy Robinson are all transfer listed and definitely look to be on their way out of Elland Road, despite this, Kelly has not been linked with any new players over the transfer window.

- Again, I'm always looking for feedback guys.

Last edited: