The "City's Ridiculous Transfers" Thread

BuzzLIte

Reaction score
In my Man Utd save, City has bought so many good players in 2 seasons that I was planning on buying. What's bad is that some of these players are bought for way too much, and then aren't even played...leading to some saddening drops in value. Here are my examples.

Luka Modric - 41.5M ---value now---> 10.5M
Marek Hamisk - 29.5M ---value now---> 20M
Arturo Vidal - 18.5M ---value now--->5.75M
Aly Cissoko - 12.75M ---value now---> 7.75M
Djario Srna - 9.75M ---value now---> 4M
Ryan Shawgrass - 13.25M ---value now---> 7M

Fabio Coentrao (Backup) - 7.75M ---value now---> 5.25M
Bryan Ruiz (Backup) - 16M ---value now---> 6.25M
Ashley Young (Backup) - 17M ---value now---> 5M

They're transfer's have also pushed some good players out (who I also can't buy).

Yaya Toure - Backup (11 apps in the 2nd season)
David Silva - Backup (9 apps in the 2nd season)
Nigel de Jong - Reserves Listed 4.3M
Emmanuel Adebayor - Reserves Listed 2.5M
Aleksandar Kolarov - Reserves Listed 3.6M
Joleon Lescott - Reserves Listed 1.8M
Pablo Zabaleta - Reserves Listed 1.6M
Jo - Reserves Listed 850K

Maybe some people haven't had the bad luck I've had, but it'd be cool to see other people's troubles.

They paid something like 25m for Criscito first season and I picked him up for 9m in my second season in my Chelsea game.Also picked up adam Johnson for 7m at Christmas in the first season.(considering you have to pay like 60m at the start it seemed like a good deal)

they brought arjen robben for 40 something million 2 seasons later i brought him for 8mil :')

They always sign Cabaye and Farfan on my saves, they both flop and i usually get cabaye for under 3 million

they signed one of my under 18's when i was fc united for 550k, never played him isn't on the game anymore as he was unattached for 3 years
lets all laugh at city

there reserves just beat mine 6-1 , i'm second in the reserve league, that says something

Whenever I start a new game, City always go for Fernandinho of Shakhtar. They pay £15M for him, and he barely plays for them. Biggest waste of money they spent lol. And it's good to see it happen cos I'm a United fan ;)

My friend your grammar is very bad.

Anyhow, on my saves:

Subotic - 33 mil, after 1 season value dropped to 8 mil
Fernandinho - 17 mil, after 1 season on sale for 4 mil
Arturo Vidal - 19 mil, after 1 season on sale for 6 mil
Farfan - 16 mil, 2 seasons later transfer listed for 3 mil
Gervinho - 21 mil, value dropped to 8.5 mil, still playing for City
Srna - 10 mil, value dropped to 3 mil, got TL-ed for 2.4 mil
Mbia - 29 mil, value dropped to 9 mil
Hummels - 34 mil, value down to 12 mil, and they guy got listed for loan
Pastore - 50 mil, value down to 20 mil
Cabaye - 10 mil, value down to 3.5 mil but doesn't get TL-ed

It's normal values drop... You could buy someone for 50m and despite having 8+ average ratings his value will still drop.

BTW, none of those buys are stupid. And btw#2 guys, if they buy a 30 year old player it's normal you can buy him 2 years later for less.

Last edited:
It's normal values drop... You could buy someone for 50m and despite having 8+ average ratings his value will still drop.

BTW, none of those buys are stupid.

I think the point the OP is making is that they buy them and never play them.
Basically wasting money (if that's even possible for Sheikh Mansour "HAS UNLIMITED MONEY" bin Zayed Al Nahyan)

I think the point the OP is making is that they buy them and never play them.
Basically wasting money (if that's even possible for Sheikh Mansour "HAS UNLIMITED MONEY" bin Zayed Al Nahyan)

Yeah, they buy so much quality that most of goes to waste and you have to be sad when you see players who you wanted to buy rotting on their bench (usually because they decided to buy another player for that same position).

When I play as City, Tevez is the key man every season. In my Man Utd save, he rotates with Dzeko as a RW.

Pastore pwns for them on my save. ******* annoying.

Have to lol at city. whenever they buy a good player. flopps like **** in the end. like Mata came at 36.5m, which is the recod high for City, then within a year, the price when down to 19m. LOLed. he then moved back to Valencia after spending two years at city. SAD!

They brought Gareth Bale in the 2016 season for 46 million.

Same on my save...

Willian - Bought for 10.75 - Sold for 2.5
Adam Johnson (bought in real life for 7m, sold in game for 1.5m
Emmanuel Adebayor (bought irl for 25m, let go for free to Chelsea)
Joleon Lescott - 24m - let go for free
Shaun Wright Phillips - 8m - Free
Carlos Tevez - 25.5m - Free
Gareth Barry - 12m - Free
Zabaleta - 7m - 2.5m
Jo - 18m - Free
Caicedo - 5m - Free

To be fair to them though, they have made quite a bit of profit on other players, like Boyata, who they sold to Villareal for 15m, and only bought for 3 or something.

In my Villa save they bought Coentrao (sp?) and then they dont register him for the pl.

They also bought Mauro Bosseli for 10m£, and placed him in their reserve squad.

It indeed is natural for the player values to drop. I would consider buying messi for 50 million a ''bargain'', yet his value will drop back to around 40 million over time. (Euro)

29M for Hamsik is a bargain, I even paid 40m for him :D

fist season they spent 157m on players : cabya maicon pastore gervinho vidal and more
second season they spent 112m on players : hamsik (they got pastore season before) sanchez farfan clichy
third season the spent 87m on one player neymar from real madrid(me)
forth season so far spent 0m