The CLASSIC TACTIC Project I - The WM

Zagallo

Reaction score
This is a trip down the memory lane with a project about CLASSIC TACTICS and first is the WM tactic or 3-2-2-3.
The WM system was created in the mid-1920's by Herbert Chapman of Arsenal to counter a change in the offside law in 1925. The change had reduced the number of opposition players that attackers needed between themselves and the goal-line from three to two. This led to the introduction of a centre-back to stop the opposing centre-forward, and tried to balance defensive and offensive playing. The formation became so successful that by the late-1930's most English clubs had adopted the WM.
Retrospectively the WM has been described as a 3-2-2-3.

I've tried for about 6 games with Hull,(4 W and 2 D) and the potential is very good, so I need more people to try it for at least 10 games and post some feedback please. Thank's

NEW UPDATED TWEAKS

DOWNLOAD LINK
: http://www.easy-share.com/1909383792/WM by Zico.tac
Formation_WM.jpg

Last edited:
I only asked because the creator is Zico

Nice 1 mate....but not the tactic I'd use......Goals Galore all day long (Unless I get bored and make something by myself)

Sorry, but after what has been going on on this site, I felt I had to Check

I've been trying it with Hull 13 games played, 4th PL beat Everton 1st table 3-0, Everton's first defeat season. Everton 1st 30 pts, Hull 4th 27 pts.

Updated tweaks

60659089.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

Any feedback welcome.

Wrong section for a start. Surely you should not upload the thing until you finish at least one season?

Hi Kris, which section it should be then? The idea behind it, is just to recreate classic tactics, not claiming to win anything for me to try it whole season. Anyway, I'm Hull at the moment and playing WM and enjoying it so much that I will post my results here end of season.Cheers

I like the idea of it. If it proves well for you i will try it out.

I moved this to the tactics section.

i would love to this work in fm2010. zagallo what are the current pros and cons? think i might start a second game with this actually....

Have you try it by the way , let's say for 10 games?
Well, I can tell you now you are going to be shocked

i have recently tried this tactic with fulham, losing 7, drawing 1 and winning 1. i conceded 22 and scored 6. so i can now officially vouch for it's dreadfulness. how you have managed to get it working for yourself is a mystery to me, but i am confident that this tactic won't work for the majority of people.

for me it is similar to giving your players AIDS. nothing against the creator, but the WM isn't used in modern football for a very simple reason: it is stupidly unbalanced. i have never used a tactic which allows opposition wide players more time and space. i was about as shocked with the results as i was last week, when i was told that milk is produced by cows.