The Climb - The Story of Stan Collymore

reubomad

Reaction score
The Climb

images

Now a new story.
I have made a few stories on here but none of the save games were interesting or exciting, I am now equipped with some good skills on how to make a good story. Thanks for xJamesWilliams' Jamie Carragher story, Brendn's Liverpool five year plan and Timmzeh's Pozzo machine. There are many more but these are the stories that really rejuvenated my love for Football Manager.

My story like many others will focus on a unemployed manager by the name of... Stanley Collymore.

Now Stan Collymore had a colourful but controversial career, he is normally associated with Nottingham Forest and Liverpool, where he prooved his ability to be a prolific goal scorer. Stan held the record for biggest transfer fee when he moved to Liverpool from Forest for £8.5 million. Stan started his career at Stafford Rangers in 1990, it wasn't long before his goal scoring talents became noticed and he was picked up by Crystal Palace. He failed to make a big impact and soon signed for Southend United in Division One (now the Championship) at Southend he soon began scoring goals and he helped Southend stay safe from relegation.

In 1993 Collymore was picked up by Nottingham Forest for £2.75 million, he made a big impact on a struggling Forest team who had just been relegated, on top of that Brian Clough had recently retired. He spent two seasons at the Reds scoring 41 goals in 60 appearances; lifting Forest back in the top flight and he helped them secure a UEFA cup place the following season.

Stan Collymore was on the radar of many high profile clubs like Manchester United, Newcastle and Everton and it wasn't long before he signed for Liverpool in 1995 for £8.5 million - a English transfer record. He scored on his debut and became a key part of the Liverpool squad. He finished his time at Liverpool with 28 goals in 64 appearances.

After two seasons at Anfield he was off to his favourite childhood club Aston Villa for £7 million. He didn't impress for Villa and ended up making only 46 appearances in three seasons and only 7 goals. Collymore ended his career with Leicester, Bradford and Real Oviedo with barely any appearances for any of these clubs. Collymore has now developed a reputation as a outspoken bad boy who has been accused of ******* and he was found to have punched his girlfiend in 1998.

It is now my job to restore Collymore's reputation and make him the best of his game. It will be tricky as I have given him a National C license and since Collymore made only 3 appearances for the national team I have just put his previous playing experiance at at National though I have used the editor to add him international appearances.

How will Collymore do?

Strongly dislike Collymore and really don't think he'd nearly cope in management with the way he handles abuse on Twitter. Good luck!

Strongly dislike Collymore and really don't think he'd nearly cope in management with the way he handles abuse on Twitter. Good luck!
Thanks. Yeah Collymore is a strange one. He was a great striker in his day but the aftermath of his career has really destroyed his reputation and my opinion of him. So I hope I can restore his reputation.

The Climb - Looking for a job

contract.jpg

It was the 10th of July and a Friday. The sun was out and Stan had just finished a online article about the World Cup and who he thought would win the final. This was a daily routine for Collymore, make a article, update Twitter and attend some interviews. This day was going to be different though. He had just sent the article when his phone rang. It was a number unknown to him but he recognised that this was a Scottish number. He picked his phone up.

SC: Hello, who is this?
UNK: My name is Bill Darroch I'm chairman of Stenhousemuir, we play in Scottish League One.
SC: Oh right, why have you called me?
BD: Well, recently we have got rid of our manager and we are on the look out for any possible candidates for the vacant position. And since you have a history in the game we would like to invite you for a interview on the 12th.
SC: Ok, I'll try and turn up but I'm not making any promises.
BD: Thank you Mr Collymore, have a good day.

Well let's just say Collymore attended the interview. They liked his determination and proposals so... Collymore was hired!