Kroos,Balotelli,Areola,Otamendi,Ramsey and 3 more i don't remember

Hum, I didn't know that the PA of some players changed, I thought that they didn't reach their full potential because they weren't trained well and that was it, but when I start new games in benfica, the minus numbers on the players who have it are always the same, and the PA also, but growth of players is generally pretty slow.

Excellent post... ;)
I didn' t know much about negative ratings of PA, so when I edited database I was a little confused...

Excellent stuff...I can't believe I didn't give this thread a serous look before. I was fuzzy about negative potential and about this:

The CA can improve by correct guidance and correct amount of games until the maximum figure, which is PA, at the correct time. If you use players who are under 19 too much then he is going to reach his PA too fast and therefore, it causes "burn out."

BTW, what exactly do you mean by burnout? I mean, what is its effect on the player? Is his PA going to decrease? Or something more visible will happen?

Excellent stuff...I can't believe I didn't give this thread a serous look before. I was fuzzy about negative potential and about this:

BTW, what exactly do you mean by burnout? I mean, what is its effect on the player? Is his PA going to decrease? Or something more visible will happen?
yes, his PA will decrease, i was listening to a commentator talking about our Rugby Captain, John Smith saying stuff about certain amount of hours you can last or perform at your best during your career, if you are used too much when you are a youngster, your "brilliant" years will be shortened due to the fact that by the age of say 21 you have played 2000 hrs of football, at age 31 you would have played 4500 hrs, now the optimal playing time during a career is say like 3500 hrs, at age 28 or 29 the player would have succeeded that milestone, hence being burnt out afterwards! (these are all complete made up numbers and hours just by the way :D)

but do you get what i am saying? does it make sense? i will find some info to help explain it better!

yes, his PA will decrease, i was listening to a commentator talking about our Rugby Captain, John Smith saying stuff about certain amount of hours you can last or perform at your best during your career, if you are used too much when you are a youngster, your "brilliant" years will be shortened due to the fact that by the age of say 21 you have played 2000 hrs of football, at age 31 you would have played 4500 hrs, now the optimal playing time during a career is say like 3500 hrs, at age 28 or 29 the player would have succeeded that milestone, hence being burnt out afterwards! (these are all complete made up numbers and hours just by the way :D)

but do you get what i am saying? does it make sense? i will find some info to help explain it better!

Yes, it makes sense to a certain extent. I wouldn't spend too much time on it as the chances of such players playing too much for my first team are a bit minute.

Might be slightly off-topic but, how many CA points is used by each of the three big attribute categories? Someone said Physical Attributes cost more CA points than the other. True or False?

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Determination, Professionalism and Ambition.

Yes, physical attributes take a disproportionate share of CA points. FM 2011 will probably have that fixed. This also makes signing youngsters with poor physical attributes a bit iffy IMO.

Age is also an important determinant of the progress rate. And I would say Professionalism > Ambition >> Determination as far as progress rate is concerned. If the Genie Scout is right ;)

Yes, it makes sense to a certain extent. I wouldn't spend too much time on it as the chances of such players playing too much for my first team are a bit minute.
yeah not going to happen really, it also depends if you are a smaller team (not huge squads like United or Chelsea etc) and you need this certain "wonderkid" to play for you week in week out compared to allowing him and being able to rotate him and rest him etc

ouch.... dint know about the burnout bit.... had been using serge aurier as RB whole of last season .... starts virtually every game.... will go slow on him now... although it will be difficult coz he is 18 and already a good player....

ty.... excellent stuff....

Sorry if this is really basic but,
I was wondering if CA/PA affects/can be linked to a players attributes. When buying players, I tend to use Genie Scout to find the players with best PA, but won't necessarily have/end up with great attributes; however I have seen players with good in game attributes, but have a poor CA/PA, which inevitably puts me off buying the player.

I was wondering if CA/PA affects/can be linked to a players attributes. When buying players, I tend to use Genie Scout to find the players with best PA, but won't necessarily have/end up with great attributes; however I have seen players with good in game attributes, but have a poor CA/PA, which inevitably puts me off buying the player.
I am of the mindset that stats talk and PA walk, if the player has good stats for what you are looking for, then buy him, dont worry too much about PA as most young players never get there really, buy stats, not PA ;)

for eg, this Regen (he is only rated 2 stars, but he has good stats for what I want him to do and tell him to do tactically....) still needs better Decision and Flair though (Nani has bad Decisions...;))

View attachment 109936View attachment 109937

CA is something like you have some points, and you distribute them to the attributes. (not exactly like that of course, but think of CA like that).
If you have a high CA but distribution of the points are poor (example : 20 marking for a striker), then of course that turns out not to be good.
Judge the players by attributes, not CA/PA.

Edit : however, the value PA-CA suggests how far your player can go.
Example : Messi has PA-CA = 5, so he will not develop further. On the other hand, Lukaku will develop much more than what he is at the start of the game.

Last edited:
Thats all good info fellas, but you mentioned that the CA & PA are assigned to staff also, does this affect their ability to coach aswell?

For instance, will a 35 year old coach with a PA 180 develop to be a brillient coach or is it a nothing attribute for staff that doesn't affect the coaching or scouting ability?