I have a question regarding PA/CA. Player like Pato and Aguero reach their PA about the age of 23. But people state, even in-game that a player is at his best at the age of 27-ish. As an example if the CA of Pato won't go any higher at 23 year due him reaching his peak, how can he be at his prime at 27 when there is no CA difference?

I hope you can answer my question, english is not my native language.
Thanks in Advance

If you see the Pato's CA at the age of 23, it will be CA = PA - 1.
Hence, in his life, Pato has not reached his PA. I think the game considered it as 'has not reached his peak', so his stats will not drop.
There are players who can be at their peak at the age of 23-29 in real life, usually world class players. So that should happen in FM too.

When Pato reaches the age of 23, it will be CA = PA - 1. Which will be his peak.
So he will not be better at the age of 27, just the same. Because he already reached his peak.

Is this correct?

First question : they go up in the expense of (mostly) physical and technical attributes.
Second question : If you define 'peak' as that, then you are correct. But I mean, he will not go down because he hasn't reached CA=PA, or he hasn't reached a particular age... Something like that.

Good Day.
In my save, Jack Wilshere's PA is 158 and his ca is 152 and it has not moved for half a season.
1. I am wondering, does the Pa determing growth rate as well, because Aaron Ramsay's pa is 172 and his ca is 160 and they both have same training and match time.

2. I got this from another site but cant really understand it...

"People usually think that the higher the PA the better the player is going to be. ..THAT IS WRONG! WHY?? Let me give you an example... I already assume that you all know Fabregas is a very talented player! IN FM07 Fabregas (age 20) has only 172 for his PA with a CA of 160+ at the beginning of the game. Why is his PA not 190+ like Ronaldo, Robben or Robinho ? Well, the reason is he is already too good for a player of his age. Thus it is impossible to put his CA of 180+ at the beginning of the game since he is too young. That is the reason why SI limits his PA to 172. If he were to have a PA of 190 + then he would be a godlike player and be better than Ronaldinho or even much better than Gerrard. "

So at the start of the game, lets assume his CA is accurately set. At age 20 he is extreemly good for his age. So his PA was only 172 so that means his maximum level will only be 172. So assuming he gets the best training and game time at arsenal (based on FM 07 Arsenal), he at age 30 for example can never reach CA 180 with the heights of Robben, even if its clear in REAL LIFE that he would be (as we see now in real life).

3.May be realating to #2 but lets say in 3 season of FM07 fabregas reached 172. So he would be 23 and would be stuff on 172 even at age 28, (barring injury etc)? While winning world cups and leading assists, and scoring goals, he could never pass 172 based on that persons explanation of ca and pa?

4. Can the CA of a person can be misleading when judging the player's ability? So a striker can have a higher ca than another striker, but is great in physical, and other areas, but poor in finishing passing composer etc. While the other has a lower CA a difference of like 10 has great finishing passing composure, pace etc for example?

So could you explain CA and PA based on these questions (question 2 is the more important 1).

IMO CA/PA more specifically PA should be more responsive and be able to change during the game according to the factors already established. It should be possible for any player/youngster to substantially improve and not be defined by pre-determined settings based on the footballing world at a certain period.

This would add another element to ones managerial abilities and would take away from PA being purely based on subjective footballing opinion i.e. prevent te mikeal leighterwood and wes morgans of this world

Sorry for not having a screenshot, but finally after 5 years, i got a regen with a PA over 190 . . . . . .. he has 199 !!!! from Boca 16 years old, cant wait for him to turn 21, he should almost reach 190 there !!!! Argentina, Brazil, Inter, Chelsea, Barcelona always produce !!!

Is a PA of 160 good enough for the top leagues or should I only be getting players 170 or 180 or more?

it will be a good player/leading player for any top team usually buzz, it is a good player!

Hi, i have a question regarding PA, if, say on one of my files a player (whose PA is set to random, say -9) has 180PA, and i edit a database for another file making him have 180 PA as well, will his stats grow in the same way? Will he (provided he gets the right training, stays free from injuries etc.) have the same stats on both files?

Last edited:
Good Day.
In my save, Jack Wilshere's PA is 158 and his ca is 152 and it has not moved for half a season.
1. I am wondering, does the Pa determing growth rate as well, because Aaron Ramsay's pa is 172 and his ca is 160 and they both have same training and match time.

2. I got this from another site but cant really understand it...

"People usually think that the higher the PA the better the player is going to be. ..THAT IS WRONG! WHY?? Let me give you an example... I already assume that you all know Fabregas is a very talented player! IN FM07 Fabregas (age 20) has only 172 for his PA with a CA of 160+ at the beginning of the game. Why is his PA not 190+ like Ronaldo, Robben or Robinho ? Well, the reason is he is already too good for a player of his age. Thus it is impossible to put his CA of 180+ at the beginning of the game since he is too young. That is the reason why SI limits his PA to 172. If he were to have a PA of 190 + then he would be a godlike player and be better than Ronaldinho or even much better than Gerrard. "

So at the start of the game, lets assume his CA is accurately set. At age 20 he is extreemly good for his age. So his PA was only 172 so that means his maximum level will only be 172. So assuming he gets the best training and game time at arsenal (based on FM 07 Arsenal), he at age 30 for example can never reach CA 180 with the heights of Robben, even if its clear in REAL LIFE that he would be (as we see now in real life).

3.May be realating to #2 but lets say in 3 season of FM07 fabregas reached 172. So he would be 23 and would be stuff on 172 even at age 28, (barring injury etc)? While winning world cups and leading assists, and scoring goals, he could never pass 172 based on that persons explanation of ca and pa?

4. Can the CA of a person can be misleading when judging the player's ability? So a striker can have a higher ca than another striker, but is great in physical, and other areas, but poor in finishing passing composer etc. While the other has a lower CA a difference of like 10 has great finishing passing composure, pace etc for example?

So could you explain CA and PA based on these questions (question 2 is the more important 1).

1. I don't know. I guess not :)

2,3,4. Simply put, high CA = more points to spend. Whether a player is good or not is based on your judgement. A striker with 10 finishing with 180 CA is surely not better poacher than, say, van Nistelrooy with surely less than 150 CA.

Hi, i have a question regarding PA, if, say on one of my files a player (whose PA is set to random, say -9) has 180PA, and i edit a database for another file making him have 180 PA as well, will his stats grow in the same way? Will he (provided he gets the right training, stays free from injuries etc.) have the same stats on both files?

Nope. Not exactly. There is an element called randomness in the game. But I guess it would be almost the same provided both players go through exact same conditions.

Here's what I think is the danger of CA and PA. You have to be aware so you don't misjudge a player because of it. In my previous Liverpool save I bought Steven Defour, and he played brilliantly. In Genie Scout his PA was something like 167 and his CA was like 160. He had stats that were better than many other midfielders with a higher CA and PA. BUT, he was superior when it came to positional rating (something like 79%). As previously mentioned here, mental stats don't have that much influence on CA and PA, and that is exactly Defour's strenght.

Bottomline, if I had only looked and CA and PA I would've ended up buying Moussa Sissoko or M'Vila. But instead I got Defour and he was the best player of the team (and yeah I won Champions League twice). So be careful not to overrate CA and PA

that is what I am also trying to instil in the members here, I say stats talk and CA walks... :)

on the other hand, M'Vila and Sissoko are fantastic players too, probably better in my opinion, but all great players!

Here's what I think is the danger of CA and PA. You have to be aware so you don't misjudge a player because of it. In my previous Liverpool save I bought Steven Defour, and he played brilliantly. In Genie Scout his PA was something like 167 and his CA was like 160. He had stats that were better than many other midfielders with a higher CA and PA. BUT, he was superior when it came to positional rating (something like 79%). As previously mentioned here, mental stats don't have that much influence on CA and PA, and that is exactly Defour's strenght.

Bottomline, if I had only looked and CA and PA I would've ended up buying Moussa Sissoko or M'Vila. But instead I got Defour and he was the best player of the team (and yeah I won Champions League twice). So be careful not to overrate CA and PA

Indeed. CA and PA only is the way SI models real life. I think they can't find better models though.
CA and PA can be misleading and a Rivaldo with around 120 CA can still be devastating with his awesome mental stats.

My Daniel Estrada plays around 7.1 rating average in serie A. He had only around 120 CA and I still want to make the loan deal permanent. 1 m splashed for him at winter transfer window.

Btw, agreed with Raikan about M'Vila, an example of deep lying regista with his defensive capabilities as a bonus, something Defour lacked.

Note again : mental stats do take some CA (and it is not a little). But physical stats take a lot of CA.

Anyone know where I can find genie scout for FM 2011 and how I install it?

Hi everybody;

I've noticed Genie includes best rate acording to the CA/PA; I'd like to know wich parameters are used to set this level. I mean; some players reach their PA very soon, but during the seasons their best rate increase the percentage without any change of the CA. Is affected by other variable like favourite movements or something like this?

Thanks.