Status
Not open for further replies.
ronarch, the coach suggesting that a youngster should play in the first team is usually a sign that the players stats have been increasing quite well but the rate of increase has now slowed. The coach now thinks that the player can still increase ie his CA is still well below his PA, and the best way to aid this is by playing him against better players ie against other first teams.
As for players reaching there PA too early, and there stats declining rapidly at an early age, I have never noticed this in any of the FM series.

Regarding the OP, about African Regens have PA at 2 star, but when signing being 5 star. Is this the same for all non Major Leagues?
Is there a way to see/judge a players potential potential?
i.e African League regens potential potential anywhere from +0 stars to +2.5 stars of their current potential

If someone has a rule of thumk for the differant nations/regions?

If you change the CA of a player via FMRTE, will the stats of the player increase accordingly as well?

Ok can I ask what PA is considered world class? isit 150? im not talking about the special players ala messi

Does this apply with staff too? Because at the moment, I have a Norweign scout who's CA is 0 and his PA is -6. Would like to know whether he is worth keeping or just rid of him and sign a proven scout? :)

The general rule of thumb i use , is 150 for solid EPL level, 160 is world class, everything above is a bonus.

Remember that CA/PA are not everything though, just guidelines if you will.

More often then not out of two maxed out players , the one with slightly lower CA will completely outclass the higher one. Its all in the actual attribiutes required for every position, as well as hidden modifiers like consistency/important matches. Perfect example of this is G. Sigurosson.

Another important thing are the physical attributes. A regen with 5 strength will never be a world class defender, no matter the CA.

Last edited:
scouts are programmed to find the PA of a player and judge according to that!

Once a player's PA is reached, is it possible for the player to continue improving its stats? And by using a tougher training schedule, will a player end up having better stats or a player will still end up with similar stats due to the PA.

Hope someone could enlighten me on this. Thank you. :D

Once a player's PA is reached, is it possible for the player to continue improving its stats? And by using a tougher training schedule, will a player end up having better stats or a player will still end up with similar stats due to the PA.

a player will hardly ever reach their PA and the PA drops and rises as well due to several factors, the player will still improve, mostly on technical and mental stats as he gets older :)

a player will hardly ever reach their PA and the PA drops and rises as well due to several factors, the player will still improve, mostly on technical and mental stats as he gets older :)

So if I use a training schedule, for example heavy, will a player eventually have better stats than one which i use a medium training schedule on although the PA is the same?

not necesarily, if he doesn't have a good determination or isn't quite professional, he may complain about the heavy workload, or worse, you can injure him prety bad

Actually, a players PA never changes. Once a new game is started players with fixed PA retain this PA through the game and players with randomly generated PA (0 to -10) will have their PA assigned at the start of a new game and they then keep this PA throughout.

The clue is in the fact that PA stands for Potential Ability. CA (or Current Ability) is the only one that changes.

However, a players likelyhood of achieving their PA is affected by many things as discussed previously. It could even mean that they have no chance of reaching their PA, but it doesn't actually change their PA. It has been said, that for an older player, PA represents the best they were. If they never actually peaked at their PA, then PA represents the best they ever could have been.

In the same way, if a player has a very serious injury, or a long period of poor quality training, or isn't used enough, or for many other reasons, he may get to the point where he will never reach his PA. In this case PA still stays the same, it doesn't drop, but now just represents what he could have become, given better circumstances.

So, Raikan007, when you say "PA drops and rises as well due to several factors," this is not true. What may rise and fall is a players CA and also their ability to reach their PA, but not their PA itself. This is most definitely fixed throughout the game and anyone discovering differently will have uncovered a bug, or they will have used an in game editor.

A tip when looking at young players. Three attributes will have a large bearing on whether a young player will reach his PA and how quickly that he will do so. Determination, Ambition and Professionalism. Only determination can be seen as the other two are hidden attributes. There are two ways to determine these hidden attributes. First, you can cheat by using FM Genie Scout or FMRTE to look at the stats, or you can be honourable and play the game as it was meant and use the players description, your scout reports on these players and your own interactions with them, to determine how ambitious and professional they are for yourself.

Another tip. Don't get too hung up on PA. One player that I remember well from the past, Mehdi Mahdavikia, had a PA of 161 and yet was usually a world class winger, so CA/PA isn't everything and you need to look for players with the stats that you need.

Yet another tip. If you want to find potential wonderkids, but don't want to pay through the nose for players that have known high PA, you can do a very simple search on the games Data Editor. I don't believe that this is cheating, as the data editor is supplied with the game and is part of the package. I won't describe in detail, but essentially, you search "people" and then do a detailed search in which players PA is an option and then search for players with a PA no greater than -9 and no less than -9.

This will return you a list of all players in the game with a -9 potential, i.e. a PA anywhere from 150-180. You won't know in any particular game how good they will become, just somewhere in that range. No point in searching for players with -10 potential as this list is very short. I think that it's only one player, Aaron Ramsey. You must specify no greater than and no less than, or the data editor will return a much larger result as it will include players either below or above -9.

I hope that some of this is helpful.

Last edited:
Hey guys if you all play Football Manager 2012 you need to watch this new video, its not bullshit, its on YouTube and its a new program that lets you change different features on the game and attributes and even transfer budgets, just take a look!

Link: Football Manager 2012- FMRTE Cheat Engine - YouTube
I referred to FMRTE in my post above, but anyone who has played FM for any amount of time will already know about FMRTE. To use it is cheating, but it is useful sometimes to use it to understand how the game works.

What satisfaction would you get out of using a program like this to cheat?

One more tip on developing young players. Bear in mind that if you send them out on loan, they will develop attributes according to the loaning clubs training schedules, which may not suit your purposes, or they may develop insufficiently due to the loaning club having poor facilities, poor coaches, or simply not giving your player enough games.

If you keep your young players and train them yourself, you can choose which attributes to develop, to some extent, therefore having more control over the final result, or development of your player.

Yes, it's possible, but as a consequence some of his other stats will be reduced in order to make the CA remain equal to PA.

so if i wanted to make the perfect striker. what CA and PA but i need to put? and what numbers in the stats would i need? like say i put CA at 170, PA 195, what would i need to put say for finish? 16,17,18?

There is no fixed formula, as it depends on player position, age, and of course club facilities and coaching. It is highly variable.

For example, raising a defender's long shots skill will take more CA than raising a striker's long shots skill, whereas if the skill is tackling the reverse is true.

so if i wanted to make the perfect striker. what CA and PA but i need to put? and what numbers in the stats would i need? like say i put CA at 170, PA 195, what would i need to put say for finishing? 16,17,18?

Status
Not open for further replies.