Raikan007

Reaction score
This seems to be quite a popular question with a lot of the new members of the forum's.

The answer is simple:

1) Either select less of the players that you can live without in order to choose the most important players (i.e. leaving +2 or +3 spaces left open)

2) the best and easiest way to fix this little problem is just to go on a 1 day holiday and let your Assistant Manager sort it out for you

if there are any other ways, please PM me so that I can make the appropriate changes...
A home grown player is defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Welsh Football Association for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).
Quote by Lee

‘Home-grown players’ are defined by UEFA as players who, regardless of their nationality or age, have been trained by their club or by another club in the national association for at least three years between the age of 15 and 21. The UEFA rule does not contain any nationality conditions. It also applies in the same way to all players and all clubs participating in competitions organised by UEFA.
Researched by LordMalice

"A home grown player is defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Welsh Football Association for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21). For the purposes of this rule, the season is deemed to run from the date the first transfer window closes until the final match of the campaign. In keeping with UEFA guidelines, an Under 21 player is defined as one who is under the age of 21 on 1st January in the year in which the season commences. For the 2010/11 campaign Under 21 players will have been born on or after 1st January 1989
Researched by LordMalice

The player must have trained at your club for at least three years between the ages of 15-21. The three year requirement can be met even of the player is sold and then bought again, so even a disjointed three years will do provided the same is when the player is between 15-21 years of age.
Quoted by LordMalice

hope this helps all the questions you may have about HG players and how to get past selection headaches, if you have any HG questions, post them here...

I have lot of HG players, but they are all 0-21 ? Even tho I sign them when they were 16-17 ? Why arent they 15-21 ?

hey mate, not sure I get the question there?

some leagues have different rules on when players from certain countries are allowed to sign for certain clubs

I know, not all of them are :) if its useful, then it will be :) otherwise, its just here for me to link when people ask about HG players etc ;) the more likes the more I know its helpful :)

Thanks for the thread, it explained to me things around the problem I use to have with Liverpool's team back in the day (this problem, HG players for premiership / europa league)

If you sign a player on his 18th birthday, but send him on loan to an affiliate for the next 3 yrs, would he be classified as home grown or not?

Massively cleared that up for me! cheers Raikan!

some leagues have different rules on when players from certain countries are allowed to sign for certain clubs

Yea, my bad :D , well, in managing Burnley( EPL) and when I sign regen who is 16 yo, when he reach 19 y, he becomes 0-21. ofc I cant register him for ECL cuz he is 0-21. Common sense tells me that he should have 15-21 status, right ? My question is :
a) Why is he 0-21 instead 15-21
b) Is there any way to train player specially for 15-21 status ?

If you sign a player on his 18th birthday, but send him on loan to an affiliate for the next 3 yrs, would he be classified as home grown or not?
yes he will, even if you send him to Timbucktoo :)

if the player plays for under 21 team, and is under 21 years old, then they can play freely. i did that to jack wil and arron for 3 years to save space for other players in my save.

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 AM ----------

i thinks its only for Uefa games, and English FA.

for spain, not more than 3 non EU guys
for italy 1 non EU guy season (real strict)

yes he will, even if you send him to Timbucktoo :)

Raikan,

Are you sure this is correct? I sent my youth player to Belgium as he did not have WP. But when he came back he was no more HG. He was before he left to the affiliate.

Raikan,

Are you sure this is correct? I sent my youth player to Belgium as he did not have WP. But when he came back he was no more HG. He was before he left to the affiliate.
I am about 99% sure mate, it has happened to me all the time :) I send them out and they come back as HG, they just need to be registered with your club to be HG, they can play anywhere in the world (well preferably Belgium or some other EU country)