The Complete How to train/tutor my youngster's Thread

What is more important good training facilities and staff or first team football?

What is more important good training facilities and staff or first team football?

id say they cancel each other out.
Good training facilities for them to use however they need good staff to make sure they are getting the best out of the training. However without first team football they wont get any decent experience in the game.

Last edited:
hey guys i know this is abit off topic but i just brought neven subotic for my liverpool save , im playing with my friend doing network play but im having troubles with him , as you can see his concentration is a 9 and i really want to sort this out because i hear good this about him in threads ...does anyone know if he gets better as he play along or is there any way of training him on that ??? im thinking of getting kjear because hes making mistakes i play his as cover if anyone can give me any advice i would much appreciate it thanks !!!

p.s ohh buy the way this is for 2011 patch 11.3 thanks !!!

put his tactics and defending training on intensive mate!

Just bought Lucas Digne for my Vilarreal team and i'm thinking putting Capdevilla to tutor him. But i also have Fran Garcia who has the potential to be a quality player. So, should i tutor Digne or Garcia?

Hey Raikan,
superb guide!

Let's see, i'm a little confused.
What is there any difference between youth coach and coach?
I usually promote youth coaches to coaches so they can coach 1st team and the kids.
Is there any effect?
Second, let's say my 16 year old is doing superb, is it good to put him into reserve team for reserve matches? Well, there is difference in training schedule though, as if the kid was put to reserve, he will be training with the 1st team, will it affect his progress?
Lastly, is it ok to give my boys intensive training although they are unhappy, but they dont seem to get injured?
thanks

filipe, Fran Garcia does not develop well enough, I am in the 4th season of my Villareal save and he has barely developed... I have not given him the exact amount of 1st team football to develop, but still not great.... like Mario, not that great! you can do both, start off with Digne :)

thanks abby, as you said, youth coaches ONLY train YOUTH players... these take up coach slots, promoting them allows them to train 1st team players as well which will increase the quality of your training (ans lighten the workload meaning more specialization)

as I mentioned, have that 16 yr old in the 1st team screen, just by him being there his stats seem to develop alot quicker than being stuck in the reserves... sub him on for each game, even 1 minute is sufficient :)

if the players have high fitness and stamina this should not be a problem, but some players will get injured and tired/jaded quickly, so be careful of that :)

Hello Raikan007,

I have a very simple question or rather absurd. Now there is a player Mario Balloteli (Mancity), a trouble maker.
How can i change his personality in FM11??
Then there are players like Sturridge, Kakuta who are selfish.
How can i train them to be unselfish in FM11??
is it possible>? or .......

you can influence personality changes through tutoring, find a player who is a model professional or something of the sorts and get that player (select 1st or 2nd option) to tutor Mario... emphasis being on influence, it does not always work out!

you can tutor them with players who have higher teamwork stats than them (also 1st or 2nd option)

I've been going over this and making personalized training courses for my hot prospects, may sounds like a dumb question, but whats a PPM O_O I'm really not up to date with all these abbreviations..

you can influence personality changes through tutoring, find a player who is a model professional or something of the sorts and get that player (select 1st or 2nd option) to tutor Mario... emphasis being on influence, it does not always work out!

you can tutor them with players who have higher teamwork stats than them (also 1st or 2nd option)

Well i tried to tutor Tomas Kalas via John Terry, TK ignored JT? Now Ivanovic is tutoring TK.
Isnt JT the best CD and Role model for youngsters?
If you can clarify this?
thanks

yeah he is very good, some players wont be tutored by some players, I cannot tell you who will say yes and who will say no :) so many factors :p

I have 2 amazing RB Regens, pleased with myself at how I managed to bring him up to reach his full potential, sending him off to Everton was a pretty good idea, now I've got another 4 star potential RB in my youth team, I've set his tutor as Ferronetti (Udinese) who's a model professional. this leads to my other question, can I only put my 16 year old RB on personalized training methods when he signs a pro contract?

what PPM's and Individual training focus' would you recommend???

Thanks for all the good advice, I normally just loan players out to any club but will try some different methods now.

Okay, I've only skimmed this thread but pretty sure I've seen no mentions of the actual tutor options of FM 2011, the ones from the OP are from 2010. I don't know how they translate to 2011 except the "learn from" one and since there is four options in 2011, what does the extra one do? There are the options I'm talking about:

1) As a senior member of the squad, I'd like you to tutor (young player's name) as I feel he can benefit from your experience.

2) I'd like you to start tutoring *young player's name) as I think he can leanr alot from you.

3) (Young player's name) needs a bit of help in his development and I'd like you to tutor him as he looks up to you as a player and as a person.

4) Can you help tutor (you player's name) as his development has stalled a little and I feel you could really help kick-start his career.

yeah mate, they are from Fm10...

1) this teaches PPM's and mental stats esepecially Determination!

2) same as above but also team work and work rate increase/influence/decisions etc

3) personality traits (Professional/Leader etc) some mental stats

4) never tried this one really, probably just stats