The Complete How to train/tutor my youngster's Thread

i really hope thee next FM will be more detailed on that,

You can buy a cheap good youngster and CAN develop him into a star player.
I think i have never seen a player changing from 10 to 20 in the same attribute. now THAT would be awesome. to affect more.

How do I train my young promising GK? Since graduating the U-19, I put him in the B team and they made him as first choice GK. But after a year, he doesn't improve at all. Not a single of his attributes increased. My B team has excellent training facilities but only "good" coaches. I can't promote him to my senior team since he won't receive any playing time. I don't want him to go on loan because I don't think he would receive playing time there or will train on excellent facilities. I only have 2 GK's in the seniors but the sub one rarely plays already, averaging 5-10 games a season, mostly in later league games when I already secured the title or in local Cup matches. I want him to develop because he's 13 years younger than my first team GK and 14 years than my sub keeper, and my coaches and assistant has a very high opinion of him. What should I do?

How do I train my young promising GK? Since graduating the U-19, I put him in the B team and they made him as first choice GK. But after a year, he doesn't improve at all. Not a single of his attributes increased. My B team has excellent training facilities but only "good" coaches. I can't promote him to my senior team since he won't receive any playing time. I don't want him to go on loan because I don't think he would receive playing time there or will train on excellent facilities. I only have 2 GK's in the seniors but the sub one rarely plays already, averaging 5-10 games a season, mostly in later league games when I already secured the title or in local Cup matches. I want him to develop because he's 13 years younger than my first team GK and 14 years than my sub keeper, and my coaches and assistant has a very high opinion of him. What should I do?

Letting him rot in the reserves is the best way of making sure he's never going to reach his potential. You'll have to make a choice, either you will play him regularly in your first eleven, or you'll have to send him out on loan. Best thing IMO is to loan him out, but make sure he goes to a team with good facilities and where he will play in the first team - both things can be checked before you agree to the loan.

Letting him rot in the reserves is the best way of making sure he's never going to reach his potential. You'll have to make a choice, either you will play him regularly in your first eleven, or you'll have to send him out on loan. Best thing IMO is to loan him out, but make sure he goes to a team with good facilities and where he will play in the first team - both things can be checked before you agree to the loan.

He already plays first team football at my B Team. My B Team too has excellent/state-of-the-art facilities although they only have good coaches. So what's the point of him going on loan when the very reasons that we want him to go on loan is already met? It's hard to find a good team from a top-tier league with excellent facilities and coaches to bid a loan for young GK's since they have very limited skills. I don't even think that my young GK will get to play first team football on a first division club. Most probably, a club from a second division league or even lower leagues are the ones who will use a GK that young and that unskillful. And those clubs, most probably too, do not have excellent facilities and even good coaches that my B Team already have.

On the other hand, I think it will be suicidal to play my young GK in my team as we are among the best in the league. My sub-keeper alone, who rarely plays, is a lot better than my young GK.

That said, will I be better off selling him or are there other better options as I actually do not want to part with him? My B Team manager too realizes his great potential and put a 170M euros asking price for him.

i really hope thee next FM will be more detailed on that,

You can buy a cheap good youngster and CAN develop him into a star player.
I think i have never seen a player changing from 10 to 20 in the same attribute. now THAT would be awesome. to affect more.

I've managed to get a regen winger's dribbling from 4 up to 11 before. Still not exceptional, but when he has pace and acceleration both 20, it makes a helluva difference. Huge increases are possible but to that extent I'm not sure.

Is there any discernable difference in player developement if one plays him in friendlies instead of Cup/League matches compared to u/20s, or is it considered a first team outing regardless?

How shall I deal with Conor Coady and Andre Wisdom, loan coady out to a league 1 and wisdom to a league 2 club or keep them in my youth team, have them tutoured and play them in cup matches for as much as possible

How shall I deal with Conor Coady and Andre Wisdom, loan coady out to a league 1 and wisdom to a league 2 club or keep them in my youth team, have them tutoured and play them in cup matches for as much as possible
that in bold :) they wont develop much at lower league teams :)

Is there any discernable difference in player developement if one plays him in friendlies instead of Cup/League matches compared to u/20s, or is it considered a first team outing regardless?

huge difference, friendlies do not count for anything when it comes to match experience really :) only official league/cup games will count towards development

He already plays first team football at my B Team.

Ask Raikan says above, friendly football counts for nothing in development. Your B team, unless it's one of those Spanish independent teams, is essentially friendly football with even weaker teams than normal. Unless you're tutoring the players the only reason you should keep players in the reserves is to regain match fitness after injury. Competitive football, even League 1 or Championship football will do much more to your youngsters than just training all day. Once you've got a bit of a talented youth team you should aim to have at least one youngster in your starting XI at all times, unless you have one of the biggest matches of the season. If you don't do this then at least have them play matches at a loan club or feeder club, or their development will be much lower than normal.

Ask Raikan says above, friendly football counts for nothing in development. Your B team, unless it's one of those Spanish independent teams, is essentially friendly football with even weaker teams than normal. Unless you're tutoring the players the only reason you should keep players in the reserves is to regain match fitness after injury. Competitive football, even League 1 or Championship football will do much more to your youngsters than just training all day. Once you've got a bit of a talented youth team you should aim to have at least one youngster in your starting XI at all times, unless you have one of the biggest matches of the season. If you don't do this then at least have them play matches at a loan club or feeder club, or their development will be much lower than normal.

Well, its a B Team, not a reserve team. I'm playing Barca and the B Team I'm talking about is Barcelona At. Unfortunately, they were relegated to an unloaded lower league after a very frustrating first season. I only loaded Liga BBVA and Liga Adelante on my game. I've been on season 8 now and they haven't returned yet to Liga Adelante despite me spending 40M euros on players for them at one point.