this question is fairly general and doesn't just apply to regens but what is the difference between gold stars and silver stars on a scout report. i would assume it's for first team and youth team quality but how do they compare against each other?

e.g if a scout report gave 4 silver stars how many gold stars is that worth?

Thought a silver star was 0,2 gold star. But you make me doubt now...

Answer on the topic of Kevin 222 that is closed and moved to this topic:

"Can you change the making of regen potential.
Hello is there a program our there that makes regen have better potential? so that you will get better players? A program that maybe can thange so that like 40% of all regens will get -10 potential? "

Yes, you can use your fmrte editor. Go to the FMRTE options (under Current Screen). Then choose Wonder Kid Generator.

Hello im at everton first season and my scout reccomended a regen GK his name is tony grant, is he worth keeping, and how good do you think he will become?
Thanks

He is definitely worth keeping and he should become pretty good.

he looks pretty good, loan him out for experience and tutor him all the time!

Thanks Raikan and wee-lee, im just unsure as his teamwork is 1 -_- ! Although i dont know whether it matters when your a GK

where would you guys recommend to look for the best regens? I need to sniff the cheap ones out before they get snapped up as I am working on a tight budget!

where would you guys recommend to look for the best regens? I need to sniff the cheap ones out before they get snapped up as I am working on a tight budget!
On July 1 or 2 go to Argentina's country page, click on clubs and then go to each club's squad and look for the players with no value yet. This means they were just created. Scout them all and put in bids for any gems you find. The AI takes a month or two to scout them and start showing interest, so you can easily beat them to the punch.

Do the same on January 2/3 for Brazil. Especially if you don't have those leagues loaded, the game will create regens up to 20 years old, some of which might be able to break into your starting 11 immediately.

I scout all the top countries (I have England, France, Spain, Italy, and Germany loaded as playable leagues on my save) immediately after their regen creation dates. Go to each country's league table and pick the first team, switch to their youth squad and see who has no value yet. There should be between 6-10 regens on each team, so scout them and use the quick flick buttons to go to the next team and repeat.

Admittedly this can get a bit tedious, so if you wait a week or two you can go to the youth teams and see which 15 and 16-year olds have high value ($1 million or more generally). This speeds things quite a bit as usually there will be only 1 or 2 new regens for each team that are high value. However if wait you'll need to pay more for their transfer and there's a chance that other teams might have caught on to them.

I've found a few world-class African regens in my game which is in 2015, and South/Central America have produced several with the likes of Mexico, Peru, Colombia, and Uruguay creating some excellent players. There's been one good South Korean keeper (who is 5'9", lol) so Asia's been pretty poor and I don't bother scouting those countries manually, I just leave a few scouts on roaming.

Can someone tell me a few good clubs for regens or clubs that have the best youth facilites please ?

i need players,any pozitions,just to play in a third romanian league(low salary,max 4,300 key player)

Can someone tell me a few good clubs for regens or clubs that have the best youth facilites please ?

In my games there tend to be a lot of quality regens from the following clubs:
PSV
Genoa
Marseille
Man Utd
Arsenal
Athletic (Bilbao) Always get absolute quality regens
Boca
River
Every Brazilian Club

Obviously though there are always good regens popping up from all over the place

Hi, at ManU I have a youngster who has the potential to become a world class player. Here's a screenshot:

coffimissihoun.png

As you can see, his composure and strength are very bad and so will prevent him from him becoming a leading EPL centre-back. So, I have devised a training regimen for him:

coffimissihoun2.png

Can he become a good defender for my ManU side? My scouts say that he will be a good player for my team and give him 3-stars, which is not bad considering Rooney manages only 4-stars. The schedule might seem odd, but I am doing it to ensure that more CA points go to Strength and Composure, if possible. Any suggestions?

I plan to decrease defending, strength and shooting and give more to tactics and ball control if his composure and strength increase.

EDIT: How do I increase the terrible mental stats the youngsters seem to have in general?

Last edited:
Hi, at ManU I have a youngster who has the potential to become a world class player. Here's a screenshot:

coffimissihoun.png

As you can see, his composure and strength are very bad and so will prevent him from him becoming a leading EPL centre-back. So, I have devised a training regimen for him:

coffimissihoun2.png

Can he become a good defender for my ManU side? My scouts say that he will be a good player for my team and give him 3-stars, which is not bad considering Rooney manages only 4-stars. The schedule might seem odd, but I am doing it to ensure that more CA points go to Strength and Composure, if possible. Any suggestions?

I plan to decrease defending, strength and shooting and give more to tactics and ball control if his composure and strength increase.

EDIT: How do I increase the terrible mental stats the youngsters seem to have in general?

I just realized that I am using SFraser's theory in my training, but I would still like to know what you think of his future prospects in terms of his attributes. Is it possible for him to become a top centre-back or will his lack of strength and composure prevent that? I am trying to rectify it but I don't know how successful I will be. Sometimes a player's destiny can't be changed.

EDIT: BTW, a hint for those who love to find the future stars. Create notes for all countries that you plan to scout for regens and set a yearly reminder of the date on which regens appear. Send out your scouts on that day ;)

Last edited:
Does this lad ever gonna be world-class CB with this jumping?

CA:152 PA:187 now.

Does this lad ever gonna be world-class CB with this jumping?

CA:152 PA:187 now.
yes he will, he will make a fantastic covering defender, great pace and great anticipation, covering defenders do not need to be that great in the air ;)

coffimissihoun.png

coffimissihoun2.png

What about this guy? He has poor strength and composure but maybe they could be improved since he is only 16?