Status
Not open for further replies.

X FACTOR

Banned
Reaction score
This a tactic I've been painstakingly putting together since FM2010 came out. It's unorthodox, but I've won the EPL with Everton in the first season with it. I've had some great match results:

Formation:
Spoiler:
a9mqfm.jpg

^Usually have a box-to-box (Fellaini or Rodwell) in
Arteta's position, it was just his rotation. Nain is more of a
MC than a creative AMC. Buying Dzagoev for that slot for
2010-2011. Should be amazing.

A great result:
Spoiler:
29xx5r8.jpg

I know the formation is a bit screwy, it may be difficult for some to adapt to this tactic, but it has worked wonders for me. I beat Arsenal twice, 1 win and tie over Chelsea, 1 win 1 loss from Man , 2 wins over Liverpool.

Description:
Spoiler: The tactic is high in possession, heavy closing from midfielders and defensive duties for wingers and fullbacks, while limited defenders keeps the conceding goals to a minimum. The staggered formation results in a quick bouncing pinball passing game that seems to confuse the defense out of position, thus the name. Attack is either a siege or a counter, 3 attacking midfielders feed the lone striker during counters. It's pivotal to have a decent complete striker. A 'Run from deep' MC along with the AMC go into the box for crosses, a hanging back DM collects loose clearance and cuts down on counters, as well as performing as a deep lying play-maker with 'often throughballs'. The Fullbacks function mostly defensively, but they station on the touchline during sieges to flick on quick crosses. Often see my DM collect a clearance, pass straight to them like loading a cannon for an immediate secondary attempt at a cross while the forwards are joined by the wingers in the box. Beautiful thing.

Another thing worth noting; my team was almost entirely made up of underdeveloped youths. I gutted my first team roster to buy some young gems. These results are in the first season before they've even had a chance to develop. I can't wait to see how they do in a couple seasons.

Let me know how it works out for you all.

*Edit, included the second version of the tactic.
Attached Files
tac.gif
4-1-1-3-1 (Everton, Jan 2010).tac (1.1 KB, 2194 views)
tac.gif
confuser2.0 (Leeds, Feb 2010).tac (1.1 KB, 547 views)
tac.gif
confuser3.0 (Everton, Feb 2013).tac (1.1 KB, 140 views) I DID NOT MAKE THIS

Jesus Christ. This is blatantly obvious me have a new Ryan21. Stop stealing threads and giving the site a bad reputation.

in the words of Billy Redrup - "can someone ban this spatula"

If you want to post tactics on here make sure they are yours unless you have creators permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.