fireflysam

Reaction score
Hello I havn't posted much on these forums but always check them out as I love the football manager games.
Now I promised my self that this game would be different, as many past football manager games I fall into two areas of people that play this game. The first being I copy others tactics and then either rage when I lose or just get bored as a huge part of the game is mixing up tactics and changing them game to game or the second, being that try as I might I fail at tactics.

This time I wanted it to be different, I've been watching alot of counter attacking football be it on youtube or the TV and I think I'm close to the tactic that I want so bad.
I have only tested this tactic with Southampton so far and not the whole way through a season yet.
Although I can tell you the counter side of the play is mild at best the attacking play is by far close to being perfect, but too much like the Liverpool side that last season let so many goals in.
My tactic is a 4-2-3-1,
It plays with one DM and the other DM being a DLP (the star man) and 2 IF and 1 AMC and the DLP up front, this tactic is saved as having two full backs as support, I find this tactic can use (and i prefer) playing one wingback as attack but of course this must be a player that can play this role very well. The idea is the attacking part of the team is to play direct and limit the defenders and the DM S to short passing so by limiting them this allows the attacking players to (as the kids say) do their thing. With the defencive line I find the deeper you goal the better the defence and higher up the weaker and it effect the play as well. Fast players in the attacking line up is a must other than that I've attached the formation would love someone to test or discuss this tactic and thank you for your time :)

Last edited: