The Courteeners

Jack

Castaway
Reaction score
Got quite into this band recently.

Anyway, my mate is a big fan and the other day he comes to me and says they are doing a special gig in Manchester, at the Ruby Lounge. This place holds about 400 people so its gonna be a special gig.

So, we went this morning to get the tickets, as they were only on sale at the venue, starting at 10am. We got there at half 8, early-ish. The queue was fairly big but we thought we could get to the front before the tickets were all gone..

2 and a half hours later we are at the front. 4 people in front of us.

The venue manager comes brewing out of the door, and says:

'Sorry, we have sold our allocation of 270 tickets, we have none left.'

FML.

(just thought I would post this so you can all laugh at me.)

Your opinion mate, obviously I think they're decent haha!

Unlucky is not the word haha. I am actually gutted!

lucky you. awful band.

WHS

Surprised they still have that many fans, arent they another one of those indiea bands that have 1 album and a couple of songs you know then dissapear?

WHS

Surprised they still have that many fans, arent they another one of those indiea bands that have 1 album and a couple of songs you know then dissapear?

Nah, they're doing quite well for themselves and have got a big cult following in Manchester. Managed to sell out GMEX which holds 10,000 people.

Wannabees if you ask me.
Another I fancy Liam Gallagher front man. No originality whatsoever.
However i must express my commiseration's to you sir. I have had a similar experience with the one and only Stone Roses.

Wannabees if you ask me.
However i must express my commiseration's to you sir. I have had a similar experience with the one and only Stone Roses.

Aww mate they are decent, their new stuff is pretty good. Check out 'You overdid It Doll' on youtube. Different to anything they've done :)

I'll give you that, he does fancy the Gallaghers, but doesn't every indie band nowadays from Manchester!

Stone Roses... I Wanna Be Adored gives me goosebumps when the bass kicks in. Saw Ian Brown at Leeds this year. He is pretty **** live tbh! But he played fools gold so its all good.

Wannabees if you ask me.

I fancy Ian Brown front man*

remember Liams just Brown with the twatyness levels ratcheted up