The Damned United

Reaction score
Is on tonight on BBC 2 at 9pm. Im thinking of watching.
Anyone who has seen it, is it any good?

Got it on DVD.

It's a quite good movie. Well worth watching.

Got it on the old der ver der.

My favourite film. XD

Aye good film and good book. But... don't take either as being the gospel truth about events at Leeds or even about Clough. ;)

Clough went well off the rails and upset many within Liverpool with comments which he later apologised for. But I'll always remember what Shanks said about him when someone criticised Clough for being outspoken about football:

"Laddie, that man scored 200 goals in 270 matches - an incredible record - and he has won cup after cup as a manager. When he talks, pin back your ears."

The documentary should be brilliant so going to be watching that as they'll be talking to people like O'Neill about him.

Generally ace. Sheen, Spall & Meaney were as usual exccellent. However, the guys they got to play the footballers looked nothing like their real life counterparts. Billy Bremner was paricularly unreal. Spoilt things a bit.

Defo worth a watch mate. Yeah I was waiting for Bremner to speak because I knew Stephen Graham would have no chance lol.

Just watched this film the other day. I've read its not exactly truthful but I found it an amazing film

The book is far, far, far better. The film was actually a bit of a disappointment.

I really enjoyed this movie and was surprised so many people dislike it :S understandbly not all of it is true and I imagine and expect the book to be better as alot more can be fit into the story. Overall a great movie which I could watch again, Infact I may Dl or buy it very soon.