Sheahan

Reaction score
Hiya people, this story is pretty basic in design, Im going to start at a league two club an work my way up the managerial ladder, hopefully going on to win a trophy in all of the major nations in my league.

I have decided to start my career at newly promoted Burton Albion in League 2. The main reasons for this choice was that Burton are my local team an i thought it would be a nice challenge to see how far i could get with them.

As we are newly promoted there isnt any expectation on the clubs shoulders, we're expected to try an not get relegated and enjoy our time in the cups, so anything more than relegation an first round exits will be a nice little bonus.

Im going to try an bring a few players in on loan just to try an secure our place in this league.

TRANSFERS & PRE-SEASON COMPLETED

I've managed to sign the players i wanted an felt i needed. Febian Brandy has come in on a 3 month loan as i wasnt fully confident in my strike force an i had no long term loans left

As far as pre-season goes i was happy with all the results bar the 7-1 thrashing by Napoli.

I think we should have a very good chance of avoiding the drop an staying clear of any relegation battles, realistically i will be aiming for a mid-table finish

Last edited:
7 Games into the season an i feel this is the first time i've really gotten into a game on fm10 iv struggled to enjoy the game with various teams but i feel at home here at Albion.

Im amazed at our run of results at the start of the season, the highlight of which came with our League Cup first round win at home to Blackpool, now im gonna take a little time to talk about the game.

Shrewsbury 1-2 Burton Albion (Maghoma, Mee)

Burton Albion 4-4 Blackpool (AET) 5-4 Penalties (Pearson (2), Brandy, Evans)
This was single handly the best game ive ever been apart of, going 1 down early on but goin in at half time 2-2 i thought we'd had all our luck, this seemed to be coming true in the second half as Blackpool again took the lead, only to have us come back an get an equaliser. Extra time came along an the same happened once again Blackpool would again take the lead only for us to come from the depths an grab a well earned equaliser. Penalties went to 4-4 as Blackpool stepped up an missed there final penalty, leaving us to calmly put away our 5th an final spot kick. Sadly this wasnt repeated in the 2nd round against Sheff Wed but just getting past the First round is an amazing achievement for the boys.

Burton Albion 4-1 Morecambe (Pearson, Mills (2), Harrad)

Burton Albion 2-1 Torquay (Brandy (2))

Lincoln 1-3 Burton Albion (Harrad, Mills, Brandy)

Burton Albion 2-5 Sheff Wed. (LC) (Maghoma, Brandy)

Burton Albion 3-3 Northampton (Evans, Walker, Maghoma)

Chesterfield 2-3 Burton Albion (JPT) (Walker, Brandy, Maghoma)

Bradford 1-1 Burton Albion (Brandy)

Notts Co 2-0 Burton Albion

Player to watch for:-

Cory Evans

So far this season Cory has surpassed everything i expected of him, he's a fantasic midfielder who can win the ball, use vision to use the ball or quite capably finish from outside the box. He's also stepped up an claimed the captains arm-band while current captain Alexis Praide struggles to find form. a special mention must also go out to 2 fantastic players in Adam Clayton and Febian Brandy. Without these 3 so far i dont think we would be doing anywhere near as well

Last edited:
Next Update will come just before the january window

Cool, good luck mate.

SEPTEMBER

Burton Albion 3-1 Dag & Red (Pearson, Harrad, OG)

Bournemouth 4-2 Burton Albion (Harrad, Maghoma)

Burton Albion 2-0 Macclesfield (Pearson, Mills)

This proved to be a tough month for the boys as it showed some our not so glamours weaknesses, we can score goals but we can also concede them whilst not fully concerntrating

Man of the month - Pearson:- started the month as my 4th choice striker, but proved he was more than capable of performing at this level. With back up players of this quality we could go far in this league

OCTOBER

Burton Albion 3-1 Rochdale (Phillips, Pearson, McGrath)

Burton Albion 1-0 Barnet (Harrad)

Port Vale 0-1 Burton Albion (Evans) JPT R2

Chesterfield 1-1 Burton Albion (OG)

Grimsby 3-1 Burton Albion (Clayton)

Burton Albion 0-6 Bury

Well what can i say, this month started off with 3 quality results, the build up of games an lack of away form could be a real bad thing for us this season

Player of the month - Clayton:- Another young lad brought in on loan, he's really stepped his game up this month playing some quality passes an controlling games also showed he can score cracking goals.

NOVEMBER

Burton Albion 4-0 Dag & Red (Brandy(2), Evans(2)) FA R1

Notts Co 3-1 Burton Albion (Evans)

Burton Albion 4-0 Hereford (OG, Reid (2), Harrad)

Crewe 3-2 Burton Albion (Reid, Pearson)

Brentford 1-1 Burton Albion (Prijovic) FA R2

This month saw the departue of Febian Brandy who had just learned to score again in his last game. It did also see the arrival of another couple of young lads on short term loans though, Prijovic and Reid saw plenty of action for me an seem quality signings. Main positive of this month was managing to get a replay against Brentford, now we can get some money for the return fixture, also on a side note 3rd round match up would be away against Arsenal were we to get through. Tasty

Player of the month - Evans:- Again stepping up an doing the same as Clayton did last month, these 2 are bossing my midfield at a young age an i think im going to be looking at trying to sign them both when there contracts run out at there current clubs. fingers crossed

DECEMBER

Burton Albion 2-2 Accrington (Prijovic, Clayton)

Rotherham 3-5 Burton Albion (Reid(3), McGrath, Prijovic)

Burton Albion 1-1 Brentford (Reid) FA R2 replay (Won on Penalties)

Burton Albion 2-0 Aldershot (Walker, Nardiello)

Darlington 1-2 Burton Albion (Maghoma, McGrath)

Cheltenham 2-1 Burton Albion (McGrath)

Port Vale 1-1 Burton Albion (Phillips)

Burton Albion 3-1 Notts Co (Boertien, Nardiello)

This month saw me finally capture a striker on contract id been waiting to find the right one an i did that in Nardiello. Also a great month for results, finishing up wih the win over Notts Co after a very busy month, the boys are tired but they've set up an amazing 3rd Round in the FA cup against Arsenal. We can dream...

Player of the Month - Reid:- Im really loving some of my loan signings this season an i feel without them we wouldnt of got very far at all, Reid is another player who when its counted has stepped up to the plate, along with Prijovic ive found a replacement for Brandy

End of report position - 4th

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

JANUARY

Arsenal 3-0 Burton Albion FA R3
Burton Albion 6-0 Lincoln (Prijovic(4), McGrath, Reid)
Morecambe 3-2 Burton Albion (Prijovic, McGrath)
Burton Albion 4-2 Shrewsbury (Nardiello(2), Magahoma, Harrad)
Torquay 2-0 Burton Albion
Northampton 2-2 Burton Albion (Harrad, Moutinho)

Another signing this month, Moutinho can play either on the wing or upfront, im trying to get the cover in ready for Reid and Prijovic leaving. Not a great month results wise although it was really impressive to see the team come back an win 6-0 after being dumped out by Arsenal. We're still scoring but we're still conceding too, also that away forms looking pretty poor right now an its making me think we need to make changes. This month has seen us slip to 6th

Player of the month - Prijovic:- No suprises on this one, some fantastic goals. Easily a player id look at bringing back to the team. All round quality player

Feburary

Burton Albion 1-0 Port Vale (Nardiello)

Burton Albion 2-1 Crewe (Maghoma, Mills)

Hereford 3-1 Burton Albion (Parkes)

Accrington 3-0 Burton Albion

Burton Albion 1-3 Rotherham (Maghoma)

Poor finish to this month and our dream of playing in League 1 seems to be slipping away, we've struggled with having 4 defenders injured at one time, also we see Clayton go back to Man City due to a long term injury, it's sad to see the lad leave so early on, next month should see a vast improvement with defenders returning as 9 conceded in 3 games isnt good enough

Player of the month - Maghoma:- Not many players played well this month an Maghoma has been a driving force for us, nobody came close to his performances this month

MARCH

Aldershot 2-2 Burton Albion (Nardiello(2))

Burton Albion 0-0 Cheltenham

Burton Albion 3-1 Chesterfield (Moutinho, Mills, Evans)

Barnet 0-1 Burton Albion

Well one month 0 loses sounds good to me, defenders coming back really helped us out here an with the games not coming as fast now we're picking up fitness again. Hopefully making that push for auto promotion again now as were back to 4th

Player of the month - Evans:- Once again controlling in the middle, i honestly cant stop raving about this lad, if we can get him for next season he'll be wearing the armband mark my words

APRIL

Burton Albion 1-0 Darlington (McGrath)

Bury 5-3 Burton Albion (Moutinho, Maghoma, McGrath)

Burton Albion 2-2 Bradford (Maghoma, Nardiello)

Macclesfield 1-4 Burton Albion (Moutinho(3), Nardiello)

Dag & Red 1-2 Burton Albion (McGrath, Harrad)

Burton Albion 2-0 Bournemouth (Nardiello, Moutinho)

Fantastic month for us, we're back up in 3rd and if we beat Rochdale next month we should be promoted, it's all getting a bit tense now, love how well the boys are playing though its amazing to watch an be a part of

Player of the month - Moutinho/Nardiello:- i really couldnt decided between the guys this month, both played out of there skins to try an get us up an promoted an hopefully it all pays off

MAY

Rochdale 3-2 Burton Albion
Burton Albion 5-1 Grimsby (Gyan, Towell, Nardiello(2), Mills)

Well playoffs it is, guess we cant complain when we we're expected to finish 24th

Last edited: