The Deadly Owl (Chuncho): A Universidad de Chile Story

LGFIRE

Reaction score
The Deadly Owl (Chuncho): A Universidad de Chile Story
chuncho.png

Las_Últimas_Noticias_Logotipo.jpg

2011_07_14_1055_1310655337_original.jpg

Jorge Sampaoli: It's time to go
The Universidad de Chile manager has called it quits with Universdad de Chile, as he believes there are greater challenges for him across the globe.

Today Argentinian manager Jorge Sampaoli has decided its time to leave. Jorge has won the hearts of all the 'Bulla' fans, and with only a few words he destroyed their hearts and got them thinking whats next. Jorge has been improving the Chilean league ever since he joined la U. He plays attractive attacking football with 3 at the back, earning his nickname "mini-Bielsa" all he wants to see his players do is win and play football. With many great years he has decided to leave. Here is his words at the press conference where he said no questions will be taken.

J. Sampaoli: "It's been a great experience to manage a team with such good history in Chilean football. I loved to go out there in the field and give it my best. The fans I have so easily fallen in love with have to understand, it is time for me to go. I have done my utmost job here, and think if I don't jump out the wagon now, it will be to late. European football is the dream to every player out there, and so it is for a manager. I want to prove that not only can I manage in "lower leagues" as some people say, but also the best, if I were to go to Liga BBVA, EPL, or Serie A ect, its to show that I am one of the best for what I do, and I will give it my all to achieve. I loved coaching these players, we all have a great understanding on what each other want done, and they knew that under my spell as manager they were to behave outside the field and inside the field. It is sad to leave but it is something I must do"

Questions from Univ. de Chile fans now arise who will be the new manager? what will he bring to offer? and will he continue with Sampaoli's view of football?

Last edited:
Good start, interesting to see what will happen next and what career you'll be following

TVN-1.jpg
Tvn_24_horas_cl.png

File_200776203548.jpg

Marcelo Salas new Universidad de Chile coach
Sampaoli leave, Universidad brings legend back home

Universidad de Chile fans were devastated when Sampaoli gave his last words as manager. It seemed impossible to find a "good" replacement that the fans would love dearly as much as they did with Sampaoli. Though late last night, the Chile legend Marcelo Salas confirmed via Twitter that he will be Univ. De Chile manager for the 2011/12 season.
marcelosalastwit.jpg

Universidad de Chile fans were celebrating all night to finally witness Marcelo "Matador" Salas back in the club but this time as manager. There will be a lot in his shoulders as Sampaoli did a amazing job with "Los Chunchos" but one thing is for sure, Marcelo has the heart and support of all.

Last edited:
Good start. Salas is a legend (perhaps I'm slightly biased, due to my username!) Looking forward to seeing how this develops!

@King Salas, yeah he is to bad he got that really bad injury in Juventus, he could have been much more. I will update in a bit

udechileheader.jpg

Marcelo Salas Interview

1311633022524.jpg

Salas Being interviewed in Estadio Nacional

Press Confrence Estadio Nacional
Eduardo Herrera (Journalist):
How does it feel that after many historic years to be managing the club that brought you to the footballing world?
Marcelo Salas:
Well I had great years here in Universidad, I remember starting off nervous not knowing what to do, but after all it seemed I could put the ball in the back of the net, after a great 75 apperances I scored a total of 50 goals, leaving for River Plate thanks to that achievement. When I came back in 2005 I lasted only till 2008, played 82 matches and scored 37, not as good as my starting days but decent for my age and close to retirement. I feel the same as I felt in 2005 when I came back to play, an honor to be considered to play but now have the honor to be trusted by the chairman to bring this club more glory.
Johny “La Gente Esta Muy Loca” Vargas (Journalist)
What will be your approach on signing new players to the club?
Marcelo Salas:
I will be signing players of young age but that have also developed and can come into the first team to play. I have two big names already in my head of young age 21-22 to be precise, and I believe they can add flair to the squad but can be one of the most important players in the later future. I am here to bring yearly success, may not my first season but bringing young reinforcements to the squad will surely help in the future.
Marcelo Salas (Journalist):
What do you think of the current squad and who do you think is of high-caliber in this squad?
Marcelo Salas:
Very nice name you got yourself there. The question is very much easy to respond. The current squad is great and should give competition to Colo-Colo and Universidad Catolica for Apertura, Clausura, and Copa Chile. For International competition such as Copa Sudamericana, we have a good squad to go out there and possibly win the title, there could be some flaws in the squad but 1 or 2 transfers can help that change. I believe all the player are of high-caliber, but 2 players that really stand out of the rest is Eduardo Vargas, and Jhonny Herrera. Eduardo Vargas is a deadly attacker, can play as striker or in the wings which can help the squad a lot. With Herrera, he is possibly the best goalkeeper in Chile, and will help us not concede many goals. Though there are player like Jose Rojas, Canales, Rivarola, Marcos Gonzales, ect that are as important for the squad. Thanks for the question we will see each other some other time around.

EduardoVargas____05.470x0.jpg

Eduardo Vargas will be key for Universidad de Chile this year

Last edited:
mega_06-10-10.jpg

Universidad De Chile: The reinforcements

campos-toro.jpg
Junior_Fernandes.jpg
sebastian_pinto.jpg

Matias Campos Toro, Junior Fernandez, and Sebastian Pinto

It has been a busy transfer season for Universidad de Chile. Over the transfer season many player where in the hit-list for manager Marcelo Salas. They started off attempting to bring back the one and only Pedro Morales, while they transfer bid was accepted, Morales showed no intrest of coming back to Chilean football, leading to case closed on that one. Later their were speculations of center-back Waldo Ponce to return. It all seemed possible when he said he would gladly join his old team-mates. The bid was accepted, but this time around the wages seemed impossible to meet. After no success getting old "Bulla" players, manger Marcelo Salas bought Cesar Santiago on a free, a Brazilian no-one really knows about but supporters believe he will be a great assets. It was later reported that he was gonna be looking at young Chilean talent. In which he successfully met the requirments of young and players that can impact the squad. His second signing was Junior Fernandez from the club Palestino. At age 23 it seemed like a good step to the future as he still has 6 great years ahead of him, he is half Brazilian and half Chilean, which will add that samba dancing to the squad. Then came Matias Campos Toro, at age 22 it seems he will have a great future for Chilean National team as well as Universidad de Chile. It's exactly what Salas wants as he is young and can play with the team many years to come. Lastly their last transfer was the fan favorite Sebastian Pinto, as he already played for Azul Azul, its great for the fans to see him back wearing the blue colors that once took him to Santos

Month of February

Well this year I was given the task to follow Universidad de Chile everywhere and anywhere they play. As a journalist that does not follow any Chilean football team, I believe I will be doing the job as fair as possible not bringing any team to lower rates or increase a team’s football abilities. It was a great honor to be given the task as Marcelo Salas a huge legend in my country is managing one of the best teams in Chile. Sadly I did not follow them through pre-season as I had a family emergency I had to attend to. Universidad brought in great players such as Junior Fernandez, Matias Campos Toro, Sebastian Pinto, though sadly it seemed that Junior and Matias got injured for a few months in the pre-season. I honestly not know much of Cesar Santiago as he was a free transfer but as a Brazilian he must be a great player.

I start of going to El Salvador (Chile) were Universidad de Chile, will be playing their first match at El Cobre, which is Cobresal’s home stadium. It should be a win for Universidad but not that easy.
univvscobresal.png

Marcelo Sala’s men won the game 3-1 a result many expected as it had high scoring and a win for the away team. Osvaldo Gonzalez opened up the score at minute 26, but later on Cobresal equalized with a strike from Enrique Maella (54). Only 6 minutes later Eduardo Vargas scores, and Marco Gonzalez finishes the home team with a 91’ minute goal.

Now it was time to feature at the Nacional located in Santiago. Universidad plays Union San Felipe, and without a doubt it should be an easy win for the “home team” (Universidad de Chile don’t own a stadium)
univvscobresal.png

Well a 1-0 win is still a win even though the home fans expected more goals. Cesar Santiago scored the only goal at minute 51 of the game.

Univ. de Chile will be playing Univ. de Concepcion, at Municipal de Concepcion, which is obviously located in Concepcion. This should be quite the good match as either team can win it.
univvscobresal.png

It seems that Marcelo’s tactic change since last game worked wonders as Universidad easily beat Univ. de Concepcion 3-0, with goals from Gustavo Lorenzetti (15), Eduardo Vargas (24) and an own goal from Lizandro Henriquez (81)

Universidad de Chile play La Serena at home honestly I do not expect La Serena to give Universidad a fight, as Univ. have a greater squad and are honestly the better team.
univvscobresal.png

As I predicted a easy 3-0 win for Univ. and a hat-tricked from a loved player and Marcelo Sala’s signing, Sebastian Pinto (17, 22, 84) great display from Universidad and currently on a 3 win streak.

So now with 9 point out of 9, Univ. will try to extend their wining streak when they face O’Higgins, at Rancagua. This shouldn’t be a hard match, but being away from home can affect Universidad’s chances. Pinto will be currently facing former club if he were to play this match.
univvscobresal.png

1-0 win decent enough to get 3 point, but not many goals scored as Universidad had most of possession and many shot on target but only scored one from Charles Aranguiz (74) which featured a very nice 1 touch teamwork passing *the goal will be featured on the video below this text*.

[video=youtube;pNQXiMkrl8g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNQXiMkrl8g&list=UUIoFSlAw9-3inQW9CB-9I3Q&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

The real challenge today for Univ. as they play rivals UC at “El Classico Universitario” it will be a hard game for both teams as they are really equal in their style of football, and with it being at the Nacional and Univ. being home team theirs a little more of statistical chance they will win but it would only be a narrow one.
univvscobresal.png

A 1-1 result, UC opened the scoring at minute 22 with a goal from Pablo Calandria, though not much later Francisco Castro at minute 24 apeared to equalize it. While as for overall game it was fairly even in the possession but UC had the more shots and Univ. were lucky to have gone out with the draw in that game.

Calama is where Univ. will feature today with Alexis Sanchez debut club Cobreloa. This should be an interesting game as both teams know each other well and have the same level in football. Univ. will be featuring away from home which could bring down their game but any great team will always attempt to play at its best.
univvscobresal.png

A 1-2 score seems somewhat fair as Univ. had the better game. The first goal came from Francisco Castro at the 28’ minute and it would take the second half at minute 51 for Rodolfo Gonzalez to find the equalizing goal for the home team. It was only 10 minutes later that Sebastian Rocco would put it the ball in the net for an own goal costing Cobreloa the game.

Goal of The Month
Sebastian Pinto 1 - 0 La Serena

[video=youtube;nOkjhiSrE3c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOkjhiSrE3c&list=UUIoFSlAw9-3inQW9CB-9I3Q[/video]

The rocket shot to the top left corner from Sebastian Pinto wins this month, as he put up a great performance and took one **** of a shot to put that one in.
* Player of the Month to come in later editions + Special Reports.

Month of March

We are now in the month of March were Universidad will play a total of 5 games. Last month was very successful for manager Marcelo Salas as he got 19 point out of a possible 21, keeping his team undefeated in 7 games. Of course Salas will try to extend their undefeated record this month and prove that his team is one of or possibly the best.
Universidad de Chile will start of this month with a home game at El Nacional against Santiago Wanders, and finish the month against Union Espanola once again at home. This month will feature “El Classico” as Universidad will play fierce rivals Colo-Colo at el Nacional but Universidad being the away team.

univvscobresal.png

A great start to the month as Universidad beat Santiago Wander 3-1 which extends their undefeated run and gets them all 3 points. The first goal came early on in the game with a stuning strike from Gustavo Lorenzetti in the 16th​ minute. Though Santiago Wanders did not give up as their goal finally came at the 59th​ minute from Adan Vergara. It was only 5 minutes later that Sebastian “El Tanque” Pinto scored to make it 2-1 for the home team, and Marcos Gonzalez at the 73rd​ minute to finish things off with a header.
*Gustavo Lorenzetti's goal below text*
[video=youtube;ZJJn5pA53DU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJJn5pA53DU&list=UUIoFSlAw9-3inQW9CB-9I3Q&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

univvscobresal.png

Well a boring draw for the biggest derby in Chilean football. 0-0 Colo-Colo had the better of Marcelo Salas team though they had the same amount of shots on target which were 3, nothing really exiting this game and Marcelo Salas team lost 2 point out of the possible 3.

univvscobresal.png

Now that’s a good game. Only with 1 minute in the clock Sebastian Pinto opened the scoring with a Barcelona style-play goal. He was later to find the net once again in the 20th​ minute with a low rocket on the bottom corner. And to finish things off Charles Aranguiz who has been playing great for Marcelo Salas team scored his own FC Barcelona goal at the 32nd​ minute, this game was a 1st​ half decided game.
*Sebastian Pintos (1) and Charles Aranguiz goal fetured below text*
[video=youtube;m8Z9GJevU2M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Z9GJevU2M&list=UUIoFSlAw9-3inQW9CB-9I3Q&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

univvscobresal.png

Another win this time away from home and against Union La Calera, sadly they were not given a fighting chance against Universidad de Chile’s amazing recreation of Barcelona’s style of play. Sebastian Pinto gets his name in the score sheet once again scoring a spectacular goal outside the box to the top right corner after a few passes from Univ’s players. Then Aranguiz put himself in the score sheet once again after a little lay-off from Cesar Santiago in the 90th​ minute for him to rocket it from outside the box. Another 3 points and still undefeated team for Marcelo Salas.

univvscobresal.png

Last game of the month and boy did Universidad finish it well. They played Union Espanola a very decent side that should have made Universidad work for their point but it seems that did not happen as Matias Rodriguez scored a lovely header in the 67th​ minute to make it 1-0 for the home team after many chances, and not later after Gustavo Lorenzetti in the 71st​ minute found a small gap to shot and find the ball some way into the net lovely game by Universidad as it seems they cannot be beaten.

Yet another month starts of in Chilean First Division Opening Stage. We are in April in which this month Universidad de Chile have 4 matches. Universidad have gone undefeated the whole season and will be looking to follow the streak with these upcoming matches. They start off with an away game with Deportes Iquique and finish the month of against Santiago Morning at home. There are no stand out matches this month for Universidad de Chile where they will be looking to try and secure all 12 points this month.

scaled.php

Well 0-0 against Deportes Iquique is not a good result for Universidad even though they seemed to have qualified to the knock-out rounds with the 1 point won in this game nothing exciting happened and I really expected more from Universidad de Chile, and to have won that match easily.

scaled.php

Now this is what I was talking about a 3-0 win against Huachipato, they really stood no chance against this strong Universidad de Chile side. Charles “El Principe” Aranguiz opened up the scoring at the 24th minute, which was later on followed by a Gustavo Lorenzetti goal in the 45+1 minute leading to no possible come back for Huachipato. Matias Rodriguez finishes a great performance for the club after scoring a header in the 88th minute.
*All goals of match shown below text*
[video=youtube;iG10BkvjPWw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG10BkvjPWw&list=UUIoFSlAw9-3inQW9CB-9I3Q&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

scaled.php

Yet another 0-0 draw for Marcelo Salas as his side took on Palestino. It seemed that “El Bulla” was going to win without a problem since they had a total of 63% possession and 8 shots badly enough it seemed that non off those shots went on target.

scaled.php

Finishing the month well as “Chuncho” beat a week Santiago Morning side by 2 goals to 0. Same goalscores as the Huachipato game except for Gustavo. Aranguiz scored the first goal of the match at the 25th minute, and Matias Rodriguez sealed the victory with a goal in the 41st minute.
*All goals of match shown below text*
[video=youtube;JE5-j53NFMM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE5-j53NFMM&list=UUIoFSlAw9-3inQW9CB-9I3Q&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]​

This month will feature the last game of the regular Division Open, since after that the draw to the knock-out stages will be released. Universidad de Chile’s confirmed matches this week are against Audax Italiano and Iberia for Copa Chile.

scaled.php

Easy win for Universidad de Chile, 3-1 against Audax Italiano is a great result. The first 2 goals for Universidad de Chile were under 10 minutes, one from Marcos Gonzalez in the 3rd​ minute while on 8th​ minute a lovely strike from Eduardo Vargas. There was a glimpse of a possible comeback when Carlos Garrido netted the ball in the 22nd​ minute. That chance was eventually canceled out when Osvaldo Gonzalez scored a header in the 88th​ minute. Now with Universidad being top of the table they will face worst team of the playoffs being Huachipato.

scaled.php

\Well you can pretty much say Universidad de Chile are through to the semi-finals, after a 3-1 win against Huachipato away from home. First goal came from Matias Rodriguez in the 22nd​ minute and followed by a Osvaldo Gonzalez header in the 34th​ minute. Huachipato got some hopes up as former Universidad de Chile player, Manuel Villalobos scored 2 minutes after Osvaldo Gonzalez header. The final goal came in the 90th​ minute from Eduardo Vargas at the spot kick.

scaled.php

Well Universidad delivered once again against Huachipato in front of the home fans. Captain Jose Rojas scored the first goal of the night in the 32nd​ minute, and Sebastian Pinto finally scored after 7 matches to silence the few critics of his talent in the 69th​ minute after a lovely play from Universidad. Huachipato got a red card in the 87th​ minute but it really had no effect on the match as Universidad dominated. Now Universidad are off to play against Santiago Morning in the semi-finals to decide who will go on to face either Universidad Catolica or La Serena, in the finals of the Opening Stages to name one champion.
*Sebastian Pinto's goal below*
[video=youtube;0s4z7cq_CxU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s4z7cq_CxU&list=UUIoFSlAw9-3inQW9CB-9I3Q&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]
scaled.php

A 1-0 win away from home against Santiago Morning gives them the overall lead to go into the finals. The only goal came from Matias Campos Toro in the 63rd​ minute a well-crafted play by the whole squad and now Universidad are 1 step forward to achieve reaching the finals.
*Matias Campos Toro goal below*
[video=youtube;1yc7tiTa_N8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yc7tiTa_N8&list=UUIoFSlAw9-3inQW9CB-9I3Q&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]
scaled.php

Well it seems Universidad de Chile will be meeting up with La Serena in the finals as they defeated a confident Santiago Morning side with 2 goals to 0. The goals came from Marcelo Diaz in the 15th​ minute and Osvaldo Gonzalez in the 68th​. There was an injury in the 90+1 minute as Juan Abarca had to leave the pitch. It will be an interesting final as Universidad got there without facing the likes of Colo-Colo or Universidad Catolica.
*Marcelo Diaz goal below*
[video=youtube;o98rBTHjKgw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o98rBTHjKgw&list=UUIoFSlAw9-3inQW9CB-9I3Q&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]
scaled.php

Now that was very disappointing Copa Chile was against Iberia and Universidad decided to play yolung players to rest their squad for the first-leg of the final against La Serena, but instead it backfired. Universidad lost against a strong fighting Iberia 2 goals to, the goals came from Boris Tapia in the 37th​ and Fabian Henriquez in the 81st​. It will be hard to see Universidad get the score needed to go through in the second leg.

scaled.php

Well that Universidad de Chile for you, they have one disappointing match but fix it with a terrific performance La Serena stood no chance and were humiliated in front of their own fans with Universidad netting in 4 goals for the final score to be 4-1. Francisco Castro opened up the scoring early on in the 6th​ minute, then followed in the 18th​ minute by an own goal from Claudio Villalobos, Sebastian Pinto scored on the 21st​ to extended the lead. Mauricio Salazar got a goal from the home team in 40th​ minute but was canceled out by a lovely strike from Sebastian Pinto in the 43rd​ minute. Universidad de Chile pretty much got the title in their hands.
*All Universidad de Chile goals below*
[video=youtube;GAyevn6oND8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAyevn6oND8&list=UUIoFSlAw9-3inQW9CB-9I3Q&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]
scaled.php

Well it seems there will be no Copa Chile for Universidad as they only got to score 1 goal against Iberia from Sebastian Pinto, as Iberia looked passionate to go through and the first team from Universidad could do nothing about it.

Universidad de Chile vs La Serena
First Division Open Final 2nd Leg
Nacional, Santiago de Chile

Universidad will go in relaxed as they already beat La Serena 4-1 away from home. Goals from Francisco Castro, Sebastian Pinto (2), and an own goal from Claudio Villalobos, sees Marcelo Salas team in for the title and with their heads up ready to win. Universidad de Chile will be playing a 4-1-2-2-1 the same tactic used by the one and only Pep Guardiola. They will go in the pitch with the following starting XI, Johny Herrera; Jose Rojas, Marcos Gonzalez, Matias Rodriguez, Paulo Magalheas; Cesar Santiago; Marcelo Diaz, Charles Aranguiz; Eduardo Vargas, Francisco Castro; Sebastian Pinto. While for La Serena will be playing th classic 4-4-2 with the following starting XI, Eduardo Dumas; Francisco Rojas, Diego Guidi, Jorge Vargas, Mario Pardo; Mathias Vidangossy, Carlos Tapia, Renato Gonzalez, Gamediel Garcia; Eduardo Rubio, Rodolfo Moya. The match has an attendance of 49,000 people leading to a sell-out of tickets. The game is refereed by Manual Acosta. The game started and only took 9 minutes for the goal, which was also the only action in the first minutes, a lovely play by Universidad as Eduardo Vargas gained possession of the ball to pass it off to Sebastian Pinto, Pinto would later play it back to Cesar Santiago who found Francisco Castro, as Guidi ran towards Castro, Castro used his skills to get pass the player and rocket the shot into the goal. 1-0 Universidad de Chile. Then in the 13rd minute Universidad would find their second changes as Aranguiz passed the ball to Magalheas whom he cross into the six-yard box for it to go out for a corner. The corner was taken by Aranguiz who swinged it in to find Matias Rodriguez where he beat Vidangossy to the ball but the would eventually go over the bar. Then in the 18th minute Universidad would have another chance as Cesar Santiago hit a spectacular half-volley were it would rebound to Eduardo Vargas but would lose possession to Diego Guidi, and La Serena were in for the counter attack, though nothing came from it. 22nd minute and Sebastian Pinto would get a header wide after a great throw-in from Magalheas. The first real chance for La Serena came from Mathias Vidangossy, as Rubio gave a pass to Vidangossy but for him to send it clean over the bar. Pinto eventually got injured after many hard tackles in the 34th minute and had to come off, where he was replaced by Junior Fernandez. Then came half-time. Right after kick-off in the 48th minute Junior Fernandez would go into his own running move but for his shot to be saved by Dumas. Once again Dumas would have to make a save in the 53rd minute as Francisco Castro fired a half-volley from a tight angle. 60th minute La Serena would get another chance as Rubio ran with the ball but Magalheas would make a great sliding tackle to send the ball out for a corner. 7 minutes later La Serena would find a goal from Garcia when Renato Gonzalez would play the ball to Garcia to strike it from 25 yards. Right after the goal Universidad de Chile made a double substation as Gustavo Canales replaced Francisco Castro, and Eduardo Vargas was replaced by Gallegos. Nothing exciting happened for a few minutes, there was a substation for La Serena as Claudio Jopia came on for Eduardo Rubio. In the 77th minute Universidad de Chile’s goalkeeper Johnny Herrera would have to make a great save after Garcia put a ball into the box and Salazar headed it towards goal. 87th minute Canales gave the fans something to cheer for after Cesar Santiago passed to Jose Rojas who found Aranguiz where he did a 1-2 with Canales and would later give him a through ball for Canales to shot it to the top corner of the goal. The game would finish 2-1 and Universidad de Chile would win the Apertura title under Marcelo Salas.

scaled.php

[video=youtube;qUU1xoTiIzg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUU1xoTiIzg&list=UUIoFSlAw9-3inQW9CB-9I3Q&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

1307940071438_f.jpg

Universidad de Chile win Apertura for the 16th time

After the match I was able to get a few words from both captain Jose Rojas, and manager Marcelo Salas.
Jose Rojas: As captain I feel the pressure to give a good example to the younger players and the whole squad, and I feel wonderful to be given the honor the captain this team, they are a great group of people and want the same as me, to win, thanks to their way of playing we were able to win the title of Apertura and we remained undefeated in the first-half of the league, and lets hope we keep it for the second half.
Marcelo Salas: Incredible Apertura tournament from this team, I am honored to be managing such a great group of football player with the ambition to win, at the begging of the year I was not sure what tactic I wanted to play but after 3 matches I knew I had to resemble something like Barcelona to make this team play great and to increase the level from the Chilean league so eventually it will be the best south american league and possibly one of the best in the world, I am glad we won the title, and if I were to thank one player it would be Charles Aranguiz a great talent and person truly a fan of the shirt he wears.

I am currently on vacations, which is the reason for lack of updates, im currently reporting via the ipad, i will be fully back in thhe 18th, goodluck to everyone for the 14th ;)

foto_0720100516154113.jpg

Pedro Morales playing for La Roja

La Universidad de Chile is said to be very close on signing their old number 10 Pedro Morales. It's reported that Dinamo accepted a 700k bid for their Chilean sensation that has struggled to find a starting 11 spot after his injury. The only thing that keeps him joining his former club is his agent as he wants to much for himself and too much for his agent, will we see Pedro Morales wearing blue in chile once again? When asked about this transfer, all the fans thought that Marcelo Salas is capable of anything and might just be able to sign him, as many people can't wait for their old 10 to get back to their club

Via IPAD

Last edited:
jose_rojas____7.470x0_1.470x0.jpg
3714877.png

1606504_n_vir1.jpg
Dnipro.jpeg

It’s a sad day for Universidad de Chile fans, as they have to say goodbye to their beloved captain Jose Rojas, and their favorite Argentinian defender Matias Rodriguez. Jose Rojas was transferred to APOEL for a fee of £625k, when Marcelo was asked about this transfer his answer was “Well it’s sad to see such a great talent leave, I wished he stayed but what they offered was too hard to say no, though I believe we could have gotten the 1m as this player has great talent, but the important thing is that they reached our requirement and what the player wants, it’s time for him to prove himself in Europe.” While for Matias Rodriguez he joined Dnipro for £1.3m which is a great fee, and good for the player as well. Salas had this to add to his transfer news “Well, £1.3m what more do you want? He is a great player and with high caliber it was gonna be hard to keep him but a European team wanted him, and gave us double his worth according to the media. It will be now time to look for replacements.” While Nelson Rebolledo a player that found it hard to even get 1 apperance under Marcelo Salas was transferred to Ado Den Haag for £350k which will add to the transfer money given to Marcelo to find new replacements. With 2 names really standing out Zelmar Garcia, and Pedro Morales, it said that they will join and the rest of the money will be put for younger player.