Helginho

Reaction score
200px-Dundee_FC.svg.png

Dundee FC appoint new manager

After the sudden resignation of Jocky Scott, the First Division club has appointed 38-year-old Scotsman Angus Burgh, who will take on his first managerial job after having retired in 2008. In his playing days, he played for Hearts, Manchester City, Norwich City and Rangers. He is also a former Scotland international, playing 14 times for his country, including appearances at the 1998 World Cup.

Dundee FC, who got relegated from the Scottish Premier League in 2005 are looking to get back into the Scottish top-flight for the fourth consecutive time. Angus Burgh has signed a two-year contract until 2011 and has set his sights on promotion this season: "This club belongs to the SPL, simple as that. Games against Rangers, Celtic and Dundee United are what this game is all about, we have been there and that's where we want to go back to. This is my job, I've got a wonderful bunch of lads to make this happen, let's get it on!"

Dundee FC are among the favourites to win promotion to the Scottish Premier League this season. "Our home form will be crucial. Dens Park shall be a fortress where no opposition wants to go to - our supporters have to be behind us, we will give it back to them by winning games.", so the new manager.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:22 PM ----------

The start of the season

As I didn't activate "Allow Transfers in first window", there are no transfers at all.

League Challenge Cup, 1st Round: Arbroath - Dundee FC 1:3
My debut in the Dundee dugout and it was a successful one. The Second Division side had more or less only one opportunity, from which they scored - of course. But we easily managed to find a way back into the game and scored three goals within 14 minutes to finish Arbroath off. A deserved win for us.

Scottish League Cup, 1st Round: Dundee FC - East Stirlingshire 4:0
My first ever game in charge at Dens Park and we continued like we stopped at Arbroath. Our full-strength side dominated the Third Division side all over the place and could have easily won by 10-0. At the end of they, it was just 4 goals, but still a good performance which can make us hope for a good season.

The draws for both competitions have been made: We will play East Fife in the Challenge Cup while we will play Queen of the South in the League Cup.

Scottish First Division, Day 1: Dundee FC - Inverness CT 2:0
Finally the league has kicked off and we had a very tough opposition on our hands, Inverness could cause us problems as they are among the promotion favourites, too. It was a very tricky game with chances on both sides, but nobody could break the deadlock. Six minutes from the end, we got a penalty which we thankfully converted. Inverness attacked with everything they had, we applied an excellent counter, 2-0 Dundee, it was all over!

League Challenge Cup, 2nd round: East Fife - Dundee FC 1:2
I decided to give some reserves a run out and that decision almost backfired on me. At times, East Fife had the better of us and had plenty of chances to win the game. Thank god, with a lucky substitution, we managed to come away with the win and a black eye.

The draw for the League Challenge Cup has been made: In the Quarter Final tie we will welcome Inverness Caledonian Thistle to Dens Park.

Scottish First Division, Day 2: Airdrie United - Dundee FC 1:1
The confidence must have been gone after the East Fife game because the visitors could be very lucky to escape with a point after 90 minutes. Airdrie will blame their bad luck for today's failure to win, but they would have really deserved: 12 - 4 chances says it all. Dundee meanwhile will need to recover quickly if they want to be a force in the First Division this season.

Looking good mate. Try and lay it out better so that its easier to read the scores,etc.

Have a look at my story and see how I've done my match reports.Also Leave a comments mate. (Link on the sig)