The deep 4-2-3-1

Reaction score
Hello Fm-base

As the topic says, this is about the deep 4-2-3-1. I've yet to find the perfect match between attack and defence.

In the deep 4-2-3-1 there is a huge gap between the 4 offensive players and the 6 defending ones. So what i need is a way to link the two forces together.

So which role and duty should the AMC, DMCL and DMCR be? atm it is AMC (a), DMCL (s), DMCR (d).

Any help is appreciated

push up d-line so there is not such a huge gap between AMs and DMs. Use your fullbacks, so the linkup could be made on the wings rather than in the middle of the pitch. try to put some forward running on your DMs so they will make the link while "off the ball"

This is my base setup:
0cUGslw.png

I could play about with some parts, but the things I never change:

AMC is always a support role, and usally a passing one at that so AP/AMC support

Always have a Support role in the defensive mids, to provide a dynamic link

Always field a deep lying playmaker.

This is my base setup:
0cUGslw.png

I could play about with some parts, but the things I never change:

AMC is always a support role, and usally a passing one at that so AP/AMC support

Always have a Support role in the defensive mids, to provide a dynamic link

Always field a deep lying playmaker.

So it is okay to have both a deep lying playmaker and a advanced playmaker? Also, what is the reason for your choices regarding using one winger on the right side instead of a IF? Same goes for the AF at the front instead of lets say a poacher?

Back