Chris78901

Reaction score
Right, I'm Newcastle manager and started well enough - first season I finished 6th pipping Arsenal on the final day, second season I came 4th with a game to spare. Third season however...well, I'll start with the positives. I somehow managed to come out as winners of a group containing Bayern and Juventus, only losing my last group match which I fielded reserves anyway, and I'm in the semis of the League Cup. The other teams are Norwich, Spurs and City, so it is doable. And probably necessary for my job...as now it's time for the bad news. My league form has been absolutely horrific - I've lost more games by early December than I did in the entirety of my second season, no matter what I do tactics wise I can barely buy a goal, and I'm 14th. FOURTEENTH. How can a team thump Juventus 3-1 at home yet throw away a 2-0 lead to Burnley in the same venue?! How can a team hold Bayern Munich to a 0-0 draw while fashioning more chances, yet lose to Cardiff having been a goal up?! How can a team win 3-1 at the Emirates in a League Cup quarter final yet be completely outplayed by Swansea City?! How can a team beat Man United 2-1 yet lose to Hull...you get the picture. It doesn't help I'm in the middle of a takeover which has gone on for two months. Does anyone have any advice? Note - run away isn't an option...

Ok I just comfortably beat Spurs 2-0 in the league, so clearly the problem is against smaller teams. Any suggestions?

Ok I just comfortably beat Spurs 2-0 in the league, so clearly the problem is against smaller teams. Any suggestions?

Make sure your team is motivated against the smaller outfits and try not to let them become complacent. Team talks play a big part in this, what ones have you been using?

Try and make your tactic more attacking against smaller teams.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk