TheWriter

Reaction score
The Director's Direction

Hey there guys!

So after having a look around the forum's stories and seeing what there was to offer, I came across that of W4NKER and his "Global Expansion" where he played FMC with instant result (not all the time like I, but some). I had never realised it was possible and so this right here is my first effort.

Updates will be coming in pretty often when I'm not busy as the seasons just fly by when I'm both having fun and be the director (the way I like to think of this, me doing the transfers but not taking charge of the games so to speak).

So, let's get started!

Current Information:

Current Season:

2020/21

Current Team:
St Albans

Current League:
Conference South

Save History:

Norwegian Tier 3
Moss FK
League Winners
1st Place

Norwegian Tier 2
Moss FK
No Honours
8th Place

Norwegian Tier 2
Moss FK
No Honours
7th Place

2016/17
Norwegian Tier 2
Moss FK
No Honours

SACKED MID-SEASON

Conference South
St. Albans
No Honours
18th Place

2017/18
Conference South
St. Albans
No Honours
16th Place

2018/19
Conference South
St. Albans
No Honours
12th Place

2019/20
Conference South
St Albans
5th Place

2020/21
Conference South
St Albans
Season In Progress

Last edited:
Looking good. Did I convince you to start it lol. Anyway, I'll follow and I hope you do well on this save. Good luck.

Season One
Moss FK
Norwegian Second Division Group 1

Pre-Season Thoughts
My first season in directorship and I was hoping it would be a big one! We were predicted 5th but I knew that we were better than that and was hoping we could at least challenge for the title, although having never played a season like this before, it was going to take some getting used to!

Transfers
Final League Standings
End of Season Confidence
Results
Stadium Upgrade Announced!
Me, Myself and I
New Contract Offer!
Squeezing The Extra Year

Review:
All in all I'm very satisfied that we have managed to pull off a major upset in winning the league, no matter how close it was! In truth, I think we had the title officially won a couple of games before the end but stumbled in the last 2 games or so. Nonetheless, a valiant effort from the lads, but now a very difficult season lie ahead, and having been entrusted with the team for 2 more terms, I was hoping that we could be looking at a place in the top division by the end of that contract, and certainly looking for a play-off spot in the second season. The first season though was all about bringing in the right signings and hopefully staying up and in the job for the full 2 years of the new deal! The stadium deal was interesting, especially when considering that the club was not very well off at this point (possibly due to a slight wage imbalance) but I wasn't complaining!

Looking good. Did I convince you to start it lol. Anyway, I'll follow and I hope you do well on this save. Good luck.

Haha, well I was considering it and after you announced interest I thought it only right to give it a try :)

First few season's updates coming in thick and fast!

Season Two
Moss FK
Norwegian First Division​

Pre-Season Thoughts
After a fantastic first season the second season was always going to be something to look forwards to, despite looking very tough! Tromso, a big team in Norway, had been relegated meaning I expected them to go straight back up, and Stabaek are also a very decent team. We, in pre-season, were looking shabby, mediocre at a push, but after a few signings, again pushing the wage budget as far as I dare, I was satisfied. The second season began...

Transfers
Final League Standings
End of Season Confidence
Results (1)
Results (2)
I kinda like surprises!

Review:
A very satisfying season with all things considered, I don't think much more can be said. We stayed up, not comfortably, but not by the skin of our teeth. We put in some solid performances and although we never looked like playing in the play-offs come the end of the season, we never looked like a team going down. It was that kind of season really, a not great, but not bad season, a good one I'll say. And to top off a satisfying second season, a new stadium! Very nice indeed, could have been invested better, perhaps in players etc, but a new stadium means revenue in Season 4 from gate receipts, so why not?

Season Three
Moss FK
Norwegian First Division

Pre-Season Thoughts
We done as I had hoped, and kind of expected in pre-season last year and I was definitely looking to push on from that this year. We fell away a tad towards the end of last year but this time around, I was adamant that I was not to let that reoccur. We'd been given ?0 transfer budget before, but this season were given a nice total as seen below. I didn't spend very much on transfer budget though, the wages, once again, going slightly over the budget, that even despite the shifting from TB to WB. The hope this year was a top half finish, that's what I told the board at least, my actual goal was to slip into 5th or 6th and get a play-off spot. Whether we could, was a different matter however...

Budget!
Transfers

Final League Standings
End of Season Confidence
Results (1)
Results (2)
1 More Time!

Review:

1 more year, I tell myself finishing this season. We'll either hit the playoffs or fail terribly in trying. A 7th place finish was decent but it was so close, too close, to my expectation, for us to peter out at the end and fail to ****** that elusive play-off spot. I signed the new deal, deciding against extending it to 2 years, purely because I want to keep this career ticking along and not get bogged down at one club. I decided that I'd go all out in a bid to try and get us into those play-offs this time around...I wonder how that went...

Season Four
(2016)
Moss FK
Norwegian First Division​

Pre-Season #01 Thoughts
I won't say too much into my thoughts regarding this pre-season. I said most of it last time around in the review, however, as I explained, it was time to hit the play-offs or get sacked trying. We were stronger, and more willing this time around. How would it go down?

Delay
Budgets
1 Match In...
Centurion!
Taken (Over)
End Of The Line...

Review:

Anguish swept through me after being sacked by the new chairman. We were 2-0-9 but I was still passionate about the club at Moss and felt like I could have turned things around given time, but time wasn't given at all. It was frustrating really, being let down by the new big guy in charge with all the money, but I didn't have all the answers and so it was time for a new challenge! I loaded up England and sure enough...

Season Four (Point Five)
(2016/2017)
St. Albans
Conference South

Pre-Season #01 Thoughts
I was sacked in May, loaded England in June and hired in June. St. Albans, just promoted, and in need of the guy. Me. I accepted immediately and knew the plan. Premiership football, the lights of the Champions League...I've seen it done before but never managed it myself. I'd been given just 1 year on my contract and I'd have to keep them safe to impress the board. Now it's my time! Well...maybe not this year, huh?

Employment
The "Oh-so" Crowded Dressing Room
Six Games In...
One Game More...
Instincts

Transfers
Results (1)
Results (2)
2 More Years!

Review:

We never really managed to sink our teeth in and enjoy the steaky goodness of a new team, job and all else! We picked up a couple of good players, Green was very impressive for his age, picking up our team's golden boot with 20 in 34 at just 24/25 years of age. He's one to watch out for. Trust me...

Last edited:
Season Five
(2017/2018)
St Albans
Conference South

Pre-Season Thoughts
We look stronger now than last season, that much is for sure. I'm excited about the promise shown by Green last time around and I'm hoping that he can be the key figure up top. We have a tough season ahead but I'm hoping for a top half finish, which is what I told the board, and what I expected from the team this time around. How did we go? Click the links and find out!

New Season's Eve
Nope
A Hero Is Always Short-Term
He or We?
Man Down
Last Game - Double Centurion!
Transfers
Final League Standings
End of Season Confidence
Results (1)
Results (2)
Injured in February...Yet This!
11 Games Less, 1 Goal More!

Review:

A very dissatisfying season in honesty. The new takeover had me on edge a while, but as soon as the achievement came up saying I'd survived a board takeover, I breathed a short sigh of relief. We were so bad at finding consistency though this year that it has me questioning whether we can make it another season in this division. I'm sure as heck not going to give up on the Saints, that's not an option in my eyes, but next season shall be tough. But it gets tougher. 'Made tougher by the fact that Green is injured,' you ask? Nope, tougher because he currently refuses to sign a new deal and will most probably be leaving on a free as a result. Next stop, transfer market. I need to find a replacement it seems!

Last edited:
Season Six
(2018/2019)
St Albans
Conference South​

Pre-Season Thoughts
After a relatively good year last year, but with much space for improvement, we set out this year aiming for a solid mid-table finish. I was not going to settle for the "teenths" this year, 12th was the least I expected from the team and I was going to give it all going into this year to try and get us into the more competitive areas of the table! We had some good news to start the season with too!

The Future is Green
Saint-Urion!
Transfers
Final League Standings
End of Season Confidence
Results (1)
Results (2)
The Saviour Cometh?
Time

Review:

A decent year, I'll say no more than decent. We showed a lot of promise in some stages but just failed that spark at the attacking end. It's odd, I've never had an issue in this career to do with scoring, it's been at the other end of the pitch where we've struggled but at this year, the defenders put in some extra graft and really worked hard, and it showed with our defensive efforts. Green was misfiring, when played, which wasn't very often, and it seems that his tremendous promise has been completely hosed with the 11 months out which he had. We have brought in the new striker, he looks interesting. A bit of a gamble, I admit, but or a free, he has very good stats and I've got my fingers crossed that he'll be a key to our successes, whatever they may be, during the next season. I signed a 2 year deal, but I get the feeling that this is the make or break year. I've damaged the finances pretty badly at the club with my ignorance towards the wage budget and now I think is the time to pay them back, or to receive payback. A good start would be nice this year, having not done so yet with St Albans, now entering my 4th season with them. We've been exponentially rising in the league, first rising 2 spots, this year 4 spots above the last. I'm hoping we can continue this and come 4th, a play-off spot is my minimum for this year, and if that is not accomplished...the saints may be looking for a new manager.

Season Seven
(2019/2020)

St Albans
Conference South

Pre-Season Thoughts
My large ambitions for the new season were now ready to be turned into results. A big season ahead of us, 1.5k over our 4.5k wage budget, packed to the rafters with players and good squad members, both young and old. It was time to see whether we could perform against all expectations and grab ourselves a play-off spot. Let it begin...

Top Job!
2 out of 3
40 Down, 2 To Go
All Over?
Maybe Not
Down
Full House...Nearly
Ever-Present...
...Aged 19
And Out
Transfers
Final League Standings
End of Season Confidence
Results (1)
Results (2)

Review:

Well, what can I say. I really don't know how to feel about that season, it's just a bit of a blur. One minute we're flying, then we're struggling, then we're flying again. We were a bit of an injured bird I guess you can say from that season and that poorly phrased analysis in the previous sentence of mine. I'm impressed that we pushed so hard, but at the same time disappointed that we were not convincing over it and that we went out of the play-offs to Histon, who we'd done so well against this year in the league itself. I've decided that the coming season is now the one where I reform the squad, make it much more structurally sound and more of a long-term project, something which I have evaded in my first 4 seasons at the club. Now though, entering my 5th year as Saints boss, it's time to get real, and actually achieve our ambitions without putting the club under. I'm happy with my position here no for the first time, this was the first year here where I wasn't declaring interest in vacant jobs, and now I really feel that this job is mine, and I'm going to keep it that way. St.Alban's best is yet to come...

Season Eight
(2020/2021)

St Albans
Conference South​

Pre-Season Thoughts
Not much to say here really. I'm expecting a play-off finish and at least to reach the final of them. My run last year in the league slashed our odds from 80/1 from the last 3 years, to 40/1, a long shot, but I'd still put a fiver on us. Talking money, the board, throughout the season, looked to slash our wage budget, I stood strong though and kept the team together for the mostpart. I wasn't going to let money dictate and ruin our season. The big one!

Boss
Transfers
Final League Standings
End of Season Confidence
Results (1)
Results (2)
The End

Review:

So, we went out to Basingstoke (who were Play-Off Winners in the end) in the semi-finals again. I don't have much to say other than we just needed to be more consistent. In honesty, I really can't give any more than I did last season without finding the perfect tactic, which I really don't think is possible for me. It's been 5 fantastic years at St Albans, sure, we won nothing, but we gave 100%, at least, in every season, and given that they were just promoted when I took over, I feel like a new manager and a new way of going about things could see this team promoted over the next season or two, and I wish them the best. For me, my next step...I have no idea!

March 2022

The End Of The Line

Former Moss & St Albans boss, Wesley Burd, has retired from football management.

Talking to the press, he had this to say:

I've been working my behind off trying to find a job, looking in the deepest, darkest corners of football, in nations not even I could put my finger on a map and say "That's them". Resultantly, I am announcing my retirement with immediate effect.

Every End is a Beginning

Former manager of St Albans & Moss, Wesley Burd, has a son!

Nobody had heard about him until now, but it appears as though he has only recently been named and found out about by Burd Snr. himself.

Johann Burd, born in Norway, eligible for England, has begun his football management career. Well, he has his badges, now he just needs a team...​

Johann Burd, born in Norway, eligible for England, has begun his football management career. Well, he has his badges, now he just needs a team...​

This mean you will have a better reputation or still Sunday league?