chensta

Reaction score
View attachment 214406

For a country with 1.3 billion people, China hasn't lived up to expectations in terms of their football potential. There has simply been too much mismanagement, corruption and all kinds of other **** that has held China back.

But that is going to change. William Chen, current manager of Arsenal (3 seasons) will take a secondary job as the Chinese National team manager.

China is heading to the top (or nearer to the top than it has ever been....).

I have never managed a national team before....so I do not have a plan...but that will come.

Given Arsenal's dominate position in European football at the moment, I have alot of freedom to play around. I will definitely be using Arsenal as some kind of a launch platform (imagine the whole Chinese national team playing for Arsenal!)

China started this save in the position of 96, and at stage went as high as 54th! Due to a run of poor results, it has now falling back to 79 and this is where I will start.

View attachment 214405

So this glory thing might have to wait a little...I got off to a promising start, beating New Zealand in a friendly.

However the next 3 games against supposedly weaker opposition has been shocking. I am not looking forward to China's updated world rankings...

View attachment 214373

After a disappointing start to my Chinese managerial career, our team performed very well in the Asians Cup, exceeding expectations and getting knocked out in the quarter finals. A large part of our improving performance is our formation familiarity has gone from Awkward to Competent and I have a feeling it will only get better as we go.

View attachment 214071

Very intersting project you start there my friend ! I will be following!

So managing the Chinese National team is a bit like a rollercoaster ride.

We were as high up as 41st in World Rankings, before plummeting down again after a few disappointing friendly loses.

Another factor is we are trying to bed in quite a few young future players into the team, so it is a bit all over the place right now.

View attachment 213726

Project Arsenal.China is well under way!

I have used my Arsenal save to buy the following future Chinese talents, so they can

1) Get a work permit (loaning out in Bulgaria atm)
2) Start getting some game time in Europe
3) Get tutored by my Arsenal stars.

My most promising young Chinese star is a quick striker named Zhu (His one ugly ****!)

View attachment 213722

View attachment 213721

Zhu makes his debut for Arsenal and the first (I think) Chinese player to ever play a Premier League game!

I would say he performed respectably.

View attachment 213713

Granted it was against Aston Villa at home, and he had the likes of Messi/Sanchez/Pogba playing a supporting role for him :p

I don't think he will feature in too many more games this season. We have Messi as our main striker and a very well developed Barbosa as second striker. But **** that was entertaining!